I stayed here several nights just after Christmas while playing in a bridge tournament at the Grand Dunes Marriott. I got the Dayton Resort on a blind Hotwire booking for $38 per night. Certainly can't complain, when friends were paying 2.5 times that for the Marriott. The room was clean, comfortable, and secure. The resort is right on the beach in downtown MB, so in season you can easily walk or swim. There are restaurants within easy walking distance. There is parking across the street, and you may have a bit of a walk to your vehicle.
My room was a spacious double with a very small but complete kitchen. While the resort is beginning to show its age and thus rates closer to two stars than three, everything worked, housekeeping was satisfactory, and front desk service was good. My bed was fine, and I slept well. I assume some rooms there have ocean views, but mine did not. The resort offers typical oceanfront amenities. You can hear everything (ahem, I do mean everything) in adjacent rooms, that is, of course, unless you turn on the in-room hvac unit, which was very loud, but worked ok.
When the bridge tournament comes back to Myrtle Beach in two years I wouldn't shop for this particular hotel, but I wouldn't have any problem staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach