“Excellent Hotel”

Dayton House Resort
Ranked #27 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We've been going down to Dayton House Resorts for the last 5 or so years, and if we go down to Myrtle Beach, this is the only hotel I will stay at. It is always extremely clean, staff is extremely friendly. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. The rooms are always clean. Never had a problem here. I wish the gym would be a bit bigger, but it does the trick. We always stay ocean front. One of the best parts of this hotel is the one pool in the middle, the biggest outdoor pool, which you can walk into like your on a beach. I love the lazy river and the indoor pool as well. Can't beat this hotel! ( I last visited this hotel back in 2012 with my family and my now wife - but just got hooked on Tripadvisor so I figured I'd give it a review)

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the only way to go - be careful because they have some rooms across the street from th...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris O
Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had a great time at the Dayton House Resort. The room was just beautiful with a view that could take your breath away. Loved waking up to the sound of the ocean.
I usually don't find hotel beds very comfortable, but I was able to get a great night sleep here.
Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dlewis927
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We've stayed in this area before, at various hotels along this strip. The Dayton was on par with the others and on this particular weekend gave me a great deal. the room was spacious and clean. Parking was plentiful most of the time in their regular parking lot across the street and they had an additional garage behind that which had lots of space. Many of the hotels along this strip have deals from time to time and I'd definitely use the Dayton again if theirs was competitive. I gave and extra rating point because of the value.

Room Tip: Like all hotels along this road, if you've booked an Ocean View room, get one on the left side o...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Haydn F
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I think this is a very nice place to stay on the beach. The rooms are quiet, very clean and kept up. Everything was in working order. We stayed in the studio with 2 queen beds which was a little tight in space - if only two people would recommend the King bed studio. The kitchenettes are well stocked - they even give you a little bottle of dish soap. They do provide a little coffee maker and hotel coffee. I liked that the studio bathroom sink was outside of the toilet and shower. We had a waterfront view which was sensational. The facilities were clean and cared for. The pool was cleaned daily even though it was too cold to swim. They do have a hot tub and pool that is enclosed in the Suites Building - so at this time of year you don't have to walk outside to use. They have an onsite restaurant that is clean, good value and decent food. I only had breakfast there. They were also very supportive of the marathoners this past weekend - opening at 4am to provide breakfast and coffee for the runners.

Room Tip: We stayed in 643 which was an end unit so only people on one side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AVLME
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Dayton House in Myrtle Beach. The facilities were impeccable, the entire staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the location put us right near the places we wanted to visit. I can't say enough about the manner in which the hotel employees went out of their way to be of assistance. We have travelled extensively in the USA and in Europe so we have a good basis for comparison in hotels. Dayton House was simply one of the finest establishments we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dean G
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We Price lined and got this room for $30 but they out us in a two queen bed room across the street in the west building even though they had plenty of rooms in main building since there was an ice storm. Room was nice but not great. Clean, but bed was a little hard. But for the price we got it was very nice. No breakfast though. I would recommend it for anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I love the Dayton House. Have stayed there several times. The huge grass lawn lined with tables and chairs are my favorite. I have stayed in the one bedroom ocean front and also in the west bldg across the street. Love all of it. The pool is great and so nice to have a grill there. Great pina coladas. If you are a walker, from the hotel you can walk the boardwalk and even to Broadway at the Beach. Walk the opposite way and see all the great houses down the peaceful street after the hotels end. Will always look forward to staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple