“Nice place”

Ranked #28 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Taylorsville, North Carolina
“Nice place”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Was at Myrtle during the snow/ice in January. Was staying at another place and had a special rate and needed to stay one more day. Well, they would not give us the same rate, had no mercy with the icy situation. Called Dayton House and they gave me a great rate for the night so we moved there for one night. Staff was AWESOME.. Got an OV room and it was nice.. Wished we had stayed the days prior.... Yes, it may be a little dated but it was so clean.. Great beds...will stay again for sure....oh and got a discount at the near by restraunt. .. Little Johns may be the name.. Food was great.... Yes enjoyed that night

Room Tip: Side room was cheaper and loved the view.. Could see city view and the ocean...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Karen F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
Jackson Center, Ohio
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed at the Dayton House last August, 2013 and this was our first trip as a family to Myrtle Beach. We stayed in the building across the street from the beach for cost savings and it was a disappointment. The kitchen and were very outdated and kind of dirty-looking, although definitely clean. I would recommend staying here if you are on a budget but, there seem to be more updated rooms in the same price range. The pictures they show online do not reflect all of the rooms. They need to get all rooms to look like the pictures they post.
That being said, we were 5 hours from home when we realized I didn't have my wallet and the reservations were in my name. I had no way to check in without my ID. I called and the friendly man that answered the phone was AWESOME and said since my husband had ID it would be no problem! That was a huge relief!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachel H
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at several different old downtown MB hotels and this definitely the best. It has some of the old MB building trappings (lack of parking, small bathrooms, not great neighbors) but you can tell they have taken strides to update and excel. Professional office staff, granite bathroom countertops, new beds, updated furniture, new paint, etc. let you know they care about the place. We are staying there now and they also have great winter rates!!

Stayed March 2014
Mount Sterling, Ohio
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My teenage son and I visited Myrtle Beach in April 2012 and stayed at Dayton House. This was our first vacation together. Dayton House was awesome! Very nice room, reasonably priced with very nice amenities. Comfortable beds. Plenty of parking and even some in a garage. Perfect location to everything. Enjoyed the hot tub each night before bed. We had a great time and no complaints! If we ever get back to Myrtle Beach, we hope to stay at Dayton House.

Room Tip: The angle ocean view gives a wonderful view of the ocean without the extra price of ocean front.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Audrey B
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This was our 2nd time staying at the Dayton House, won't be our last. Everything just the way you like it. Thanks to the housekeeper for turning in my sandals that I forgot and left behind, and thanks to the Dayton House Staff for sending them to me.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Paramus, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We've been going down to Dayton House Resorts for the last 5 or so years, and if we go down to Myrtle Beach, this is the only hotel I will stay at. It is always extremely clean, staff is extremely friendly. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate. The rooms are always clean. Never had a problem here. I wish the gym would be a bit bigger, but it does the trick. We always stay ocean front. One of the best parts of this hotel is the one pool in the middle, the biggest outdoor pool, which you can walk into like your on a beach. I love the lazy river and the indoor pool as well. Can't beat this hotel! ( I last visited this hotel back in 2012 with my family and my now wife - but just got hooked on Tripadvisor so I figured I'd give it a review)

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the only way to go - be careful because they have some rooms across the street from th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris O
Wappingers Falls, New York
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Had a great time at the Dayton House Resort. The room was just beautiful with a view that could take your breath away. Loved waking up to the sound of the ocean.
I usually don't find hotel beds very comfortable, but I was able to get a great night sleep here.
Thank you.