“Overall Condition”

Ranked #27 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Overall Condition”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed in this hotel the weekend of 3-28 thru 3-30 of 2014. First of all, there are 3 0r 4 buildings to this. Housekeeping totally unsanitary, to the point that we had to change suites. Parking so tight in the underground and no turn-a-round to get out. Halls outside of rooms smelled of sewage. Only asked maid to clean room once, left clean towels, emptied trash, and that was it. Hotel staff had a "whatever" attitude. The other buildings could have been acceptable. However, this one is a disgrace. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank shelia p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The perfect get away. The staff was very helpful. The rooms are clean (Actually larger than I expected) & the rates are great. I did not take advantage of the pools, but I did take time to walk around the pool area. Very clean, inviting, with plenty of room to get around. I will be staying again!

Room Tip: If you want to watch the sunrise from your balcony, go for Ocean Front.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ray S
Elkton, Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We spent 4 days at the dayton house. Hotel staff was very friendly. Great rates!! Hotel is close to everything and a short walk to the ocean. Outdoor area and pools were great. Worst complaints are that the room was a little outdated and the Beds were not that comfortable. The sliding doors are old and can't see out of them very good and they are very noisy. all hours of the night we could hear the people on each side of us opening and shutting the door. We will stay somewhere else the next time!

Room Tip: Angle beach rooms are not that great.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank llawhorne
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Dayton House while in Myrtle Beach for a work conference a few miles away. The room was nice and clean, with a ocean view patio to enjoy the crash of the waves below. The lazy river was closed due to remodeling, but that was okay as it was February anyway. The office staff was very helpful and courteous, answering all of my questions about the hotel and the beach. The housekeeping staff was great and did a great job with the room all 4 days I was there. The room had a full kitchen which was nice, so I didn't have to go out to eat each night. I was able to walk the strip and the Boardwalk in the evenings from the hotel, which was great.

It was definitely a nice relaxing place to unwind after being in breakout conferences all day. Taking advantage of their off-season rates was very helpful too. Looking forward to going back again.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 4th floor with no noisy neighbors, it was great!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael_VC81
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My boyfriend and I are moving to the area this year and we came to visit and check out the area with a couple of friends and it was beyond what we expected. We drove from St Louis through terrible weather and we arrived early and they let us check in early! The room was huge and it had a great view of the ocean. The beds were so comfy and for the price I didn't think it would be that great. The kitchen was more than what we expected too! Thank you again Dayton House Resort for letting us visit! We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank alexis w
High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My daughter, son and nephew recently stayed at the Dayton House for a mini getaway. We had an angle view room and I didn't think the view was going to be all that great, however I was pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and comfy and the staff was FRIENDLY AND COURTEOUS, regarding any questions or problems. The price couldn't be any better and due to the kitchenette it saved going out to eat every night. The kids couldn't get enough of the indoor pool as I didn't feel it warm enough for them to be outside yet. It was a great stay and the one complaint I had about a noisy AC unit wasn't enough to prevent me from coming back...I hope they continue to keep up the good work..

Room Tip: The angle view room that I was in was better than expected. I had not realized I chose that type an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank BECKYJ76
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I recently visited for a 3 day weekend. The weather was horrible traveling to Myrtle Beach, however check in was quick and our room was warm and comfy! The weather for the weekend was not the best "beach weather", however we got in some shopping and relaxing. We even took in a show! Went to all our favorite restaurants! Dayton House was terrific. Clean, very nice staff, well kept, close to everything! Hope to see you all again soon! Kathie W

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple