My wife and I recently stayed at the Dayton House in Myrtle Beach. After researching hotels in the area using Trip Advisor, I chose the Dayton House because of the positive reviews. Upon arrival, we checked in and went our room, of which the door was open. The front desk agent explained that the locks get stuck sometimes and the repair was simple. Instead of repairing the defective lock he downgraded our room from a king to two queens. When entering our downgraded room, the door would not function and an front desk agent helped us and made sure all was well in the room. After he left, we discovered: a dead bug in the refrigerator, hair on one of the beds, hair on the towels, a malfunctioning toilet, flat pillows, a lumpy, non supportive mattress and a noisy air conditioner which did a horrible job of cooling the room. By the way the front desk agent explained that the envelope on the dresser was a tip envelope for housekeeping - unsure of why this was in the room. When checking out a young lady apologized for the issues. Unfortunatley, this will be the last time that we stay at the Dayton House Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach