“Relaxing and fun!”

Ranked #28 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Easton, Maryland
“Relaxing and fun!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

My family just spent Monday through Thursday here and it was most enjoyable. I have a 4 year old and a 9 month old. Both of them had a great time in the pool as well as on the beach. It is great that the walk is not far to the ocean since we had lots to carry out there. The whole place was very well maintained and every staff member was cheerful. There were plenty of places to sit and lay back to relax! The resort is also within close proximity to many attractions and restaurants. I would not hesitate to go back if we ever decide to vacation in Myrtle Beach again.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Radgirl1919

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
Clarksburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed 6.1 - 6.5.

Parking is ridiculous. The lot across the street, no one moves from it, so you end up parking across another street in their parking garage.

We paid $450 for 4 nights oceanfront.. only it was more like pool front. We had a view of the ocean between the palm trees.

The room & building itself was mediocre at best. For the price paid, I would have preferred we be placed in a room that was more updated with a true oceanfront view.. & also had a bed with a duvet or comforter, as opposed to 2 sheets & an extremely thin blanket.

The positives are the pool & grounds. They do have everything outside setup very nicely. The pool is pretty big & heated. Not a terrible place to stay, but I'll definitely look elsewhere next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank klizzylou
Saint Albans, West Virginia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We just returned from an awesome vacation with the family. We were in the main building (where the office is) in a two room suite. I was a little disappointed when we first arrived -- the kitchen looked outdated and had less baking ware than I'd hoped -- but after I got used to some of the "quaintness", I realized we had a great room. It was quiet and roomy for the five of us. The beds were comfortable and pillows were plentiful. The AC kept things cool, and having a sink outside of the main toilet/shower room is a definite plus when trying to get three kids ready for bed. What really makes Dayton House outstanding is the outdoor facilities. The grounds are immaculate, and there is a bathroom near the main pool. The pools were spacious and heated to the perfect temperature. The lazy river was smaller than some, but the our kids didn't seem to notice and had a great time in it. The location was also great. We were within easy walking distance to a couple of fast food places, a restaurant, an ice cream parlor, and were about a 15 to 20 minute walk away from the Sky Wheel. A grocery store and drug store were also close by. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it without hesitation to others!

Room Tip: The main building with the office is more central to the pools but is older. The Suites Building is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank seginns
Hartland, Minnesota
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It was a amazing we had a great time, the staff was friendly the pools were wonderful along with a beautiful beach. Our room was perfect for the four of us and very clean the maids did a great job if you wanted them. We met many nice family's and we were in walking distance of almost everything which was pretty cool . they have a restaurant with great special all day if you don't want to venture far I think highest price meal there was $5.99 it was Perkins style but still pretty good. we talk about going back all the time and we will. Thank you Dayton House Great Job

Room Tip: we stayed in the south building I took advice of a few other reviews because I knew I would not of b...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carly S
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

This place is great for everyone.Andy ,the night manager, made my reservation for me and booked me in an excellent room. It had everything I needed in it. I was in the west building which is across the street from the beach but I was still able to see the ocean from my balcony. The Dayton house staff from the front desk to housekeeping are all professional and friendly. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank BMFDiaz112
Syracuse, Nebraska
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed two nights at Dayton House. Loved that is has such easy access to the beach! Was wonderful to have an Oceanfront private balcony as well. Really liked the rooms - great to have a stove, frig, and sink in the room. The staff was very helpful and pleasant! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Be sure to choose Oceanfront if you want to have the full ocean view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl H
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The price was great. The view wasn't bad. The staff was very friendly. This vacation was extremely relaxing. This resort is great for kids. I will definitely bring mine next time! The outdoor bar had great prices on drinks and food. There's 3 pools, 3 hot tubs, and a small lazy river.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple