The hotel could use some updating but after all, it was built in the 50's. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable. I was smart and brought my own pillows. The refrigerator in the room did not work at all but we really didn't need it for much so did not complain. The pool closes at 10PM but given that this hotel is intended for families with small children, we did not mind this too much. Would have preferred to be able to go to pool in late evening, however. The parking is across the street which is understandable...why use prime ocean front property for parking? We didn't mind the parking but arriving late in the evening, you have to park in the garage which is two streets over from the hotel. Because it was farther down from the strand, the hotel area was very, very quiet and I kinda of preferred that. What visitors need to know is that this is an older hotel with a great view of the ocean. The rooms are dated but when you are at the beach...who cares? This is a great hotel for the price and the location. Like someone else has said, if you want fancy pay for fancy. If you just want a place to sleep while you enjoy the ocean, this is a good place to go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach