We had a suite on the 10th floor for just one night, but would have loved to stay for a week. The living room was oceanfront with a balcony. It had a love seat, TV, table and 6 chairs, and a pull-down murphy bed. In the middle was a pass-through kitchen - it had everything we needed - dishes, coffee maker, toaster, full-size fridge and stove. In the back (opening to the inside hallway) was bedroom with two double beds. Elevator was fast, everything was extremely clean, and we had a lazy river and indoor pool and jacuzzi. We had access to the outdoor pools and amenities of the other buildings (just steps away) and we spent the whole time in the large pool, which had wade-in on one side, and lots of lounges. Also a huge "lawn" area with lots of umbrella tables. Easy walking distance to food and stores. Can't think of a single thing wrong with it, except that the pools close at 10:30, which was too early for us and our teenagers, but it's apparently geared toward keeping things quiet for the families. There is parking under the building if you get in soon enough, but otherwise, you have to park in lots across the street, but that was still not a big deal. My total cost was $143 for the night, which I was fine with, considering that we had room to spread out, and we hung around at the pool for several hours after checking out .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dayton House Resort has been creating generations of family fun for over 50 years and counting! Located oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC, the resort offers guests a relaxed, uncrowded, family atmosphere. The most popular amenity is a two-acre oceanfront tanning and picnic lawn filled with yellow-umbrella covered picnic tables and lounges. Other amenities include two indoor pools, a large zero-entry outdoor pool, lazy river tube ride, three Jacuzzis, John's Restaurant open daily for breakfast and lunch, the Yella Umbrella poolside bar and grill (seasonal), business center with computer access and coffee service open 24 hours, guest laundry, fitness room, ATM, vending machines, and complimentary on-site parking. The Dayton House is also centrally located in walking distance to the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, the Myrtle Beach Sports Center, and one mile to Broadway at the Beach and the boardwalk attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dayton House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dayton House Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dayton House Myrtle Beach
- Dayton Myrtle Beach