“Disgusting Customer Service!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #28 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Durham, NC
“Disgusting Customer Service!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 17 April 2006

I stayed at this hotel on Easter weekend, and this was the worst service I ever received! When I was at the counter to check-in, the rep. acted as though I was bothering him by asking for a room.
Later that evening, there was a problem concerning my room, and the hotel attendant spoke to me like I was a dog!!! I asked him why he was being so rude to me, and his response was "I am an a****** because I can be"!!! It was 2am and he told me I had to leave, and take my 2 kids with me, one being disabled. I asked him if he would refund my money because I had not stayed the entire night, and he told me "Absolutely not, and I don't care about you having kids with you". I have never in my life been treated so coldly, and I caution anyone looking to visit this establishment.

• Stayed April 2006
13 Thank Rasheeda A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (558)
Blairstown
Reviewed 15 April 2006

We have stayed at the Dayton House during our Spring Break for 5 of the past 7 years. Outside of our second year when the fire alarms went off twice in the same week, we have enjoyed our time vacationing at what is a very clean facility with very attentive staff. The cleaning people are top notch and easy to talk to. The pools and grounds are kept extremely clean and neat. The location is excellent, being walking distance to the Pavilion area, but just outside the active "Cruising Area" of the high schoolers.

I am sure we will be staying there again, and keep trying to talk other family members into considering a Myrtle Beach vacation at this site also.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank L5836CSlarrys
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2006

This was my 6th time staying at the Dayton House. Everytime I try to find a reason NOT to stay here I come back for more.

Staff are attentive to all needs. All you need to do is get up early and see the staff cleaning the pools, and doing general clean up before the guests come out for the day.

Parking as some mention can be a problem but really in the big picture there is a spot for everyone and once you are parked and in your room forget about your car.

I will be back.

• Stayed March 2006
6 Thank bflojim
Reviewed 19 March 2006

Don't expect luxury when it comes to accomodations in a beach front hotel in Myrtle Beach. My first impression of the Dayton House was sceptical. You do not walk through a nice looking lobby or brightly lit corridor to get to your room. In fact it is a little dingy and unpleasing to the eye. The rooms are clean, however, all be it a little small (we stayed in the suites bulding, North Tower). The bathroom cannot accomodate two people standing, at the same time. Having not given the maid a tip within the first day or two, I noticed the service declined and a lack of friendliness. The grounds, pool area, hot tubs, lazy river were TOP NOTCH!!!! One of the indoor pools could have used a good cleaning though but it did not deter me, in fact, I used this the most. Location was fantastic, close to attractions and restaurants and far away from the tackiness of the more southern group of hotels. Front desk was very friendly. Parking was no where near as bad as what people say as you only have to walk across the street where there is ample parking to choose from. Please people use your legs. I did check out the rooms of Coral Beach and Best Western Carolinean to compare and although their rooms were by far much nicer, their outdoor pools and ammenities were below the Dayton House. Excercise room was across the street in another building as was the laundry room and you do need a key to get in. So the excercise room was pretty much a write off, don't waste your time. Game room is a joke as all the machines were unplugged. All in all I would rate my experience an 8/10 and that's because of the pools,etc.

Stayed March 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2006

We loved our stay. The girls stayed in the pool and the hot tub while my husband and I relaxed in the lazy river. There was enough for the kids to do that I read an entire book! Cooking out on the grills was great and made the trip more affordable also.

• Stayed March 2004
Reviewed 9 March 2006

We have stayed at the Dayton House 3 times before and have always been pleased with the rooms. We have two small daughters and they love the pools and the lazy river. My grandparents have been staying at the Dayton House for over 20 yrs.
Needless to say, I was quite surprized by what I found the last time my husband and I stayed at the Dayton House. We stayed without out the girls, so it was supposed to be a quick weekend "getaway". We checked in fine but we had trouble finding parking. It was ok with us because we didn't have the girls with us. It would have been tough trying to lug a 2 yr old and a five yr old across busy Ocean Blvd. When we finally get into our room to lay down. I sat on one of the beds and right away I smelled urine. I wasn't sure where it was coming from, so my husband turned down the bed and we saw a large yellow urine stain on the sheets! I was appalled and immediately called the front desk. It was about 1030 at night and the night crew was there. I explained to them what I had found and told them that I wanted new sheets,a new mattress or a new room. They acted as though I was putting them out. They brought the sheets and matress in but they started to leave. I was not going to change the bed myself afterall I was on vacation. They changed the sheets and the mattress but never once did I get any apology about this.
If you like a lousy night crew and urine on your sheets then this is the place for you.

• Stayed October 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2006

Have stayed a Myrtle Beach for 20 years, taking children then grandchildren. Never stayed at the Dayton House before. We had 3 seperate family groups going to the beach, and one had made reservations at Dayton House, so we did also.

Was very surprised, very clean, employee's pleasant, hotel was convenient to everything. Pools were clean and not over crowded. The out side tables and chairs with umbrella's were great and "free".

The only down side would be the parking. We would have to sometimes part a block over from the hotel. Did not have much parking at the hotels themselves.

Everything else was great, making reservations this year also.

Stayed August 2005