My husband and I recently spent 5 nights at this hotel in early May. We had not been to Myrtle Beach in several years, and decided to "wing it" without a reservation, knowing of the near constant construction in this area, and likely wide variety of newer lodging options since our last visit. We decided on the Anderson based on AAA rating, review, in-room amenities, and TripAdvisor rating, and were not disappointed.
We had a well-equipped oceanview studio, which was larger than expected. Queen bed, eating area, kitchenette with micowave, fridge, oven/range, and dishwasher, roomy bath, and in-room laundry! Lovely decor, warm "Tuscan-style" theme/colors, high-quality furnishing and finishes, a refreshing change from many other beachy properties that tend to be heavy on the palm fronds and pastels.
Location was ideal, at the northern end of central MB's "main drag", and bordering a beautiful residential area. So, an easy walk to the newly refurbished Boardwalk (about 15 quick blocks), but apart from the noise and commercialism. Just a 5 minute drive from Broadway on the Beach complex, and restaurants and Route 17 shopping a stone's throw away.
Onsite amenities were perhaps a bit thin compared to other properties of this sort. An onsite pool-area bar did not accept room charges (separately managed/owned), which was a bit odd. We did not avail ourselves of the hotel-affiliated restaurant (which was right across the street), nor the spa (whose prices seemed quite high for the services offered).
Several pools and jacuzzi tubs, and ample lounge chairs fronting the ocean. The property was clean, well-maintained, and staff generally friendly and responsive. This property does not accept HiltonHonors points, but is a Hilton Grand Vacations condo/timeshare property, so there were sales tours being conducted, but nothing high-pressure being pitched to guests like us.
For a five-year-old property, this one is in great shape. Only MINOR things: Room carpet was a bit stained, and could have benefitted from a heavy clean or eventual replacement; potholders in kitchen would have been great; angled balcony a bit cramped for two people. I guess we'll just have to return and spring for a room upgrade next time, and perhaps take advantage of one of the larger 2- or 3-bedroom suites with extended family!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We feature luxurious-, two- and three bedroom condominiums with room service and other amenities including a day spa with hair and nail salon, flat screen TVs, fitness center, indoor & outdoor pools, lazy river, Jacuzzi, oceanfront bar, wireless internet and valet parking. Our full service spa offers massages, facials, men’s spa services and more. Close to many nationally recognized golf courses, restaurants and area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Anderson Ocean Club And Spa, Oceana Resorts
- Anderson Ocean Hotel
- Anderson Ocean Myrtle Beach