Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Nice”
Reviewed 19 August 2012 via mobile

My husband, two kids and I stayed at this resort last weekend. We had a 1 bedroom, full kitchen, living room, with sofa bed, on the eighth floor. Our room was ocean view. I thought the hotel was pretty nice. Our room was pretty clean, and updated. They have an unloading and loading area, on the side of the hotel, which appears to be a parking garage. The actual parking garage is across the street though. The front desk staff were friendly, and the hotel is centrally located, with a restaurant across the street. Again, our room was clean, but the carpets could use some steam cleaning. The pools were fairly small, and crowded. The lazy river is very narrow, and again, small. Ocean front, with a shower and foot shower, at the entrance from the beach, to the pool, was convenient. We requested more towels for our room, and they brought them right away. All around, we had a good stay. Next time, I will be checking out hotels with bigger pool/pools in general, as well as kid areas.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (661)
North Plainfield, NJ
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Just got back from Anderson Ocean Club...The staff at the front desk was very personable and helpful. They do have a spa...Spa was pricey....I had a 1 bedroom and it was beautiful--large and updated. ...couldn't ask for more. The pool area was average at best, but it is right on the beach...you can rent 2 chairs and 1 umbrella for only $8 a day which is very good and convienent. The have activities for the kids and water classes once a day for adults. I cant coment on the kids activities bc I do not have young children. Overall if you can get it at a decent price, it is nice.

Room Tip: There is not a resturant in the hotel, but there is one across the street. We didn't eat there s...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2012

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome especially by Jason at the front desk and Tyrone that helped with my bags. These guys were very helpful. The hotel is awesome, huge rooms, great view, great spot, easy valet parking, quick serive to the room, I could go on and on.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for an ocean front room, totally worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The staff was great, but the room was dirty and had mold issues in the bathroom. I really expected something a little cleaner, everyone kept saying how Anderson was such a high end property. Also the kiddie pool had way to much chlorine, i sat down with my daughter and a few splashes of water ended up on my cover up, which was black, and it bleached it in a mater of a few minutes. We didn't go back to that pool any more, if it did that to my clothes I can only imagine what it would do to your skin. Overall this seemed like an average hotel, however I don't have anything else to compare this too, this was our first trip to Myrtle Beach. Not sure if we will return back. If this hotel is considered high end, I'm scared to see what would be an average rated hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank whir2012
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and find it extremely valuable when trying to improve upon our services.

We regret that your room was not what you expected. We take the cleanliness of our common areas and guest rooms very seriously. We will look into the issues you mention including the mold in the bathroom and the pool chlorine level.

We do hope you'll visit with us again in the future and allow us to provide you with a better experience, on which we pride ourselves.
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just left the Anderson Resort, and we had a wonderful stay. Staff was nice and friendly. The kids loved the pools and lazy river !the rooms were exactly as they are on the website. They were spacious and CLEAN ! No complaints. A little pricey but well worth it. I will definitely be booking there again for a getaway !

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I am a retired police officer. I wanted to stay, and my family, at a premier Hilton Resort! The Anderson condo in which we stayed for a week was less than clean,left over food on the carpets, ants & a fork behind the lamp stand in one bedroom, a fish hook under the lamp stand in another bedroom, the carpet in the living room was stained, and the mattress & box spring set were very yellowed! And also, the internet failed to work properly, very weak signal on an end condo. Our cost per night was $377.95, OMG! For this! Just beware of this hotel resort.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Gene P
OceanaResorts, General Manager at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Your feedback is extremely important in helping us to improve our service to our guests. We regret that your experience was not at the standard to which we pride ourselves. We will address the issue of the cleanliness of your room accordingly with the appropriate staff. We do hope you'll visit with us again in the future and allow us to provide you with a better experience.
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here and got a great rate since we did a time share tour. It was in a great location and the room was very nice. There is only one main thing i would complain about. This property is noted to be a nonsmoking hotel. My daughter has extreme asthma and we checked in our room and there was a strong smoke smell present. She had to have a breathing treatment right away. We informed front desk and they changed us to a different room which was better. There were people smoking at the pool area, had to get pool attendant to tell them to put it out. Also, people were smoking on their balaconies. Don't advertise that it's nonsmoking, when it's NOT!!!! Also, our fire alarm in the room was extra sensitive and kept going off while we were cooking. Overall, our stay was fun. The hotel has direct beach access and the pools were fun for my girls.

• Stayed May 2012