“will definately return again”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“will definately return again”
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We had a one bedroom oceanfront condo. It was beautiful, very clean and comfortable. I wish I could have taken home the matress and pillows. At any hotel you can find something that could have been better. The positives here far outway any negative you can find. I'm always slightly uncomfortable in hotels thinking so many other people have been in that room before me. I must say the room was so clean and comfortable I felt completely at home.

This was our first time in Myrtle Beach. In the past we have always gone to the Jersey Shore or Ocean City, MD. Our stay at the Anderson cost a fraction of what it cost to stay in one of the nicer dumps you get in Jersey or Ocean City.

The Anderson is in a good location as far as I'm concerned. It's pretty centrally located. Only a few blocks from Broadway at the Beach. If you head 10 miles North you can go to Barefoot Landing and about 12 miles south to Murrell's Inlet.

We will definately return to Myrtle Beach and the Anderson Ocean Club again.

• Liked — beautiful room with a beautiful view
  • Disliked — weaving though the pool area to get to the beach
2 Thank virtualdiane

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (694)
US
Reviewed 26 August 2008

Well - we had read the good and bad before going - but decided to proceed with AOC and are glad we did.

We got in about 2:30 and were allowed to check in and come back later to pick up our keys. So we went to eat some lunch and by that time we went back and were able to get the keys and the bellman helped us up to the room - all pleasant and quick.

The room was fine. We had a 3 BR on the 19th floor. The VIEWS from up there are awesome !!! The unit walls has been a little scuffed up in the entry hallway from luggage. And parts of the hallway carpet already needed some spot cleaning. But the beds, furniture, kitchen and bathrooms were spotless.

You could not hear a sound in the hotel at night - which made fro great sleeping - esp on those nights when the breeze and humidty allowed you to turn off the AC and open the doors to fall asleep to the sounds of the ocean!

Balcony ran across the living room and mstr br - - and had 6 chairs out there and small side tables.

The beds were incredibly comfy!

Since we had read about the housekeeping problems - -we simply called the desk when we left for a couple of hours in the morning or afternoon - and by the time we got back - everything was made up. ....fresh towels and all cleaned up !

We had 2 maintenance calls and they were promptly dealt with - no issues !

The washer and dryers are the small stacked kind - just right for a beach cleanup !

We are not big pool people - but there were plenty of people in the pools all day and up till 11pm at nite when they close. The beach in back of the hotel was well taken care of by Ryan (the lifeguard) and we rented an umbrealla and chairs for the week - he was an early bird - so they were always up by 8:30 am !

Location was great - right down 21st or 29th street to Broadway at the Beach - and the kids could walk to several restaraunts and a mini golf place within 10 - 15 min walk.

The pier is about a 20 min walk down the beach.

ALL in ALL - - I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Liked — Modern Accomodations
  • Disliked — Parking Lot
2 Thank xenonian
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2008

Absolutely wonderful stay. We only went for a short break and our main issue was we had a large group - 11 to be exact. Staying in the three bedroom condo was extremely comfortable. The kitchen was beautiful; granite work tops and all necessary appliances. It was well stocked of all utensils, silverware and plates/ cups, glasses etc.
The balcony was wide and we had an unimpaired view of the atlantic. It was fantastic! Just the view alone was priceless.
I highly recommend this club to everyone. Will most definitely stay again.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — Parking was a little further than wanted but not too bad
2 Thank Mamiharas
silver spring, maryland
Reviewed 21 August 2008

We enjoyed a great stay at Anderson Ocean Club and hated to leave!

We just returned from a weeks stay. The suite had lots of space, comfortable furniture, nice size bathrooms, a modern kitchen with plenty of cookware, dishes and utencils. The unit was large, very clean and homey throughout. The beds were very comfortable, especially in the master bedroom. We had a 2 bedroom corner unit that had an oceanfront wraparound balcony extending from the living room to the master bedroom which was huge. We had just outstanding ocean views. The second bedroom had it's own balcony too and each bedroom had a great view of not only the ocean but the city as well. Laying in bed and being able to hear the ocean waves every morning and night was just wonderful. There were three flat screen TVs in the unit but I must state they were not HDTV, although that was not a concern with every other wonderful feature. When ready to venture to the beach, it was literally just footsteps from the hotel through the pool area. Having a washer/dryer was great for cleaning up after a long day at the beach, and the air conditioning was nice and cool even on the very hot days.

Michael the bellman was fantastic and a wealth of information. He and Larry the valet really helped to make us feel welcomed and looked after during our entire stay. The hotel parking lot was really not far about one short city block length away, but I highly recommend valet parking for $8 -- it's certainly worth it.

Now, to respond to previous comments that I agree and disagree with...1) The front desk staff no matter what time of day were very helpful and friendly, but a bit of advice...to avoid long waits and possible frustrations during high season, I would check in after the 4:00 pm official time by a couple of hours then come back, but definately call ahead and let them know your checking in later to maintain your room. 2) Towel access for us was never a problem...anytime any necessity or amenity was requested it was provided; 3) The pools are small, but i felt that the atmosphere was rather cozy and quite comfortable anyway. However, that said, I due believe the hotel should assign the deeper pool as an adults only poll as currently all ages of children have access into every pool. There is no place for adults to avoid giant running leaps into the pool with kids wizzing by their heads, some roughhousing and lots of splashing in your face which can impeed your relaxing time in the pool. Also, although the pool area does have a tiki-bar which was indeed a trailer, the drinks were great, the staff was pleasant and the food and snacks weren't bad at all, just mildly pricey.

One concern I do have which is not the fault of the hotel but I feel is the city of Myrtle Beach as it seemed to be a consistent issue throughout the hotel row is that there are no visable crosswalks to easily cross the streets on N. Ocean Blvd. where most of the hotels are. I noticed this problem for miles where Adults with small children and older vacationers especially, had to wait on the courtesy of the drivers to cross the street and some drivers were not that courteous. However, the Anderson is at a great central location near or a short drive to most popular sites. You must go to Broadway on the Beach, there's lot's to do.

Most restaurants were great but the Bone Fish on King's Hwy was better than mine at home, and Sea Captain's House on N. Ocean was especially good for She Crab Soup and Pecan Encrusted Grouper. You won't go wrong.

Lastly, it was a great stay for my family and me and I wish I was still there. Please note, I am a very picky person and researched all area hotels for sometime before my final selection. Go and enjoy with normal expectations, and I'm sure they'll be met or exceeded as mine were and you'll have a excellent time.

• Liked — accomodations, beds, views and beach access
  • Disliked — nothing
4 Thank warmwaterbeachlover
djarvis04
Reviewed 20 August 2008

I recently stayed at the Anderson Ocean Club and had a GREAT experience. The hotel staff was friendly and extremely helpful. They were quick to offer coupons and discounts for local attractions as well as give directions and help my friends and I find cheap attractions. The view was incredible and the room was amazing. It was large and roomy and very clean. Overall, I definitely recommend staying at the Anderson, it was worth every penny!

• Liked — The staff was extremely helpful and the view was amazing!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank djarvis04
kleinburg
Reviewed 18 August 2008

My family and I just came back from a fantastic vacation in Myrtle Beach. We stayed at the Anderson Ocean Club. We will definately return. The suite was clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
2 Thank bbzKleinburg
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Great hotel if you have a vehicle. Service was a little slow at check in/for towels. The room was immaculate.clean.comfortable. It was many more kids in the pool area than i expected but overall durable. I will reccomend.

• Liked — new.clean.kitchen facilitys.
  • Disliked — need more computers or enforce timing...
2 Thank Treysunny