“The Anderson Ocean Club is awesome!”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2009

My family and I began our stay in Myrtle Beach at an awful hotel and then we moved to The Anderson Ocean Club. It was the best move ever! Our family was impressed with the beautiful accomodations at The Anderson. The staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The rooms were so clean and the beds were superb! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Myrtle Beach! We intend to return in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank GRADYKR
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased that you decided to stay with us after you weren’t impressed with your first choice. I am glad that you found the staff to be very accommodating and that they went out of their way to make your stay memorable. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,072)

Reviewed 3 June 2009

this was my fourth time staying! Not one time have I had a bad experience. From the
valet, to the front counter to housekeeping FANSTATIC! This is the hotel of Mrytle beach.
I tell anyone that ask for a hotel. Keep up the good work Anderson Ocean

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelandCharlotte_Nc
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so pleased to read that you have stayed with us many times. I am glad that we are able to provide you with fantastic service. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

The full kitchen was new and nice, with full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, granite countertops, etc. We stayed on the 18th floor and the oceanfront view was perfect from the balcony. The room was clean although we did not have any soap on arrival, but the staff responded quickly to our request. The only hotel restaurant (Magnolias) is a walk across the street, which is not convenient. We had the breakfast buffet and were not impressed. If the hotel had a bar, I did not see it. The poolside snack cart lady will make mixed and frozen drinks for $7.00-$8.00 and they will not be what you asked for. Save your money and sanity and walk or drive a few blocks (you can walk the beach or road to get there) toward the Anderson's sister hotel, Camelot. We found an oasis beside Camelot called Bummz Beach Cafe & Bar. They have the best food, drinks, and live music every afternoon around 5pm. The grouper fingers were excellent. Back to the Anderson Club. The biggest disappointment was the scattering of small, shallow pools, as if they were an afterthought. The hotel is huge, which makes the lack of a decent pool, restaurant, and bar all the more baffling. This is a hotel, not a resort. We will not return. A final note: This would not be a good choice for folks with limited mobility due to the walking required.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tidalslaves2

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you liked your room. I would like to tell you about the pools that are on the property. There are two indoor pools; an indoor hot tub, 2 outdoor pools; an outside lazy river and an outdoor hot tub. I am sorry that you didn’t find the right kind of pool for you. Also I am glad that you were able to find some of the great places to eat while you were in town. I hope that you will come back and stay in Myrtle Beach again.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

We looked at many hotel rooms in Myrtle Beach and almost left the area because most of the rooms were so run down and dirty but we stopped at Anderson Ocean Club and found a very clean room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank cassybrn22
Reviewed 1 June 2009

The rooms were beautiful and filthy. I travel to Myrtle Beach once a year, fand I have done such or the past 10 years. This was my first and last time staying at Anderson Ocean Club. The rooms were filthy. I chose to stay at the Anderson Ocean Club for my 40th birthday celebration. This selection was based upon its appearance on the website. I traveled with a party of seven and we were provided room 1204. In room 1204, we had to kill a roach and the balcony was filthy. We were provided another room, 1211. In room 1211, there was a terrible stain on the comforter/blanket, crumbs on a bed and a pair of men's underwear in another bedroom.

The front desk staff was excellent in addressing our concerns.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to offer you an apologize for the condition that you found both of your rooms in. I am sending you comments to the General Manager so he can have a discussion with his staff about room cleanliness. Thank you for bringing the rooms condition to our addition. I hope that the next time you are in town you will give us another chance to provide you with the best customer service that you should be provided with.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

i've been going to this hotel since it's opening a year ago. Would not stay anywhere else. The rooms are clean the staff is friendly. Great atmosphere and great view of the ocean. Great location to all the attractions in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank tcarr728

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you have been coming to this hotel since it opened and that you are still enjoying your stay each time you come. I am glad that you found to rooms to be clean and that the staff is friendly. We are looking forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

This hotel has beautiful suites that are top of the line. We stayed in a two-bedroom suite, which had two nice size baths and a large open living/dining/ kitchen area. The kitchen had all the amenities of your own kitchen, and was stocked with all the dishes and pans you might want or need if you dine in (or order in pizza as we did). The suite also has a washer and dryer, which I thought was a great addition. Each of our bedrooms, as well as the living room, had balcony access which made for great nights sitting, watching and listening to the ocean. My husband saw sharks swimming one early morning from the balcony. He thought that was a treat.
The staff was wonderful, very friendly, and were right if we needed anything. It is right on the ocean, with direct beach access. There are pools for everyone, including a 1 foot small wading pool for the little ones. There is a pool in the shade which is perfect after you've had too much sun at the beach.
The parking is free, but is one block away. They offer valet parking for a minimal charge if you don't want to walk to get your car. We decided it wasn't too inconvenient to get to the parking deck ourselves.
There is a restaurant across the street that has a wonderful breakfast buffet. Be sure to ask the clerk at the hotel for discount coupons.
In looking at the facade of all the hotels along Ocean Blvd, I was certain I had chosen the right one, and it turns out I did. It was perfect and I would definately go back!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank aarona62

Thank you for writing a review. I am so happy that you had a wonderful time staying at the Anderson Ocean Club. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the comfort of a home in a suite and an awesome view of the ocean. I am also pleased that you were able to enjoy all the different water options that the resort had to offer. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.