“O MY GOODNESS WONDERFUL, ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 June 2009

1st time to Myrtle Beach and from arrival to departure Anderson Ocean club and spa resort was GREAT!!! I'm the wife of a family of three including my husband and son and Anderson met the needs of my family. The full kitchens, seperate bedrooms, bathrooms w/ jacuzzi style bathtubs, and beautiful ocean views. I had a 1 bedroom ocean front room and the view was absolutely incredible. I'm a picky woman and it took me a long time to decide on my stay with so much to choose from in the Myrtle beach area but I was so extremely pleased with our stay. The service of the employees was awesome!!! I will NEVER stay anywhere else!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found the resort to be great. I am glad that you had enough room for your family and that you had a wonderful view. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,072)

Reviewed 10 June 2009

We stayed at the Anderson for 2 nights and loved it! We had an oceanview room with a king size bed, the bed was very fluffy and they gave us more than enough pillows. I had no complaints about the room. The pools were nice and they also had very nice chairs. My only complaint was the poolside bar, it is owned by Roberto's Italian ice (thats what my receipt said) A mixed drink was $8 and was ok but when I was charged $2 for a CAN of soda I was very unhappy. This makes the hotel look bad, they should have their own bar at the pool, nobody wants to pay that much for a drink. We will return to the Anderson, but not to the bar.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you were pleased with the room and the pool. However, I would like to apologize to you for the complaints that you had about the poolside bar and I wanted to let you know that we are looking into the prices of the drinks. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2009

The hotel is situated in an excellent part of beach. It's modern and the rooms were very well set up. We stayed in an oceanview, king bed room which means the balcony had about a 35 degree arc view of the ocean. There was a seperate bedroom from the rest of the living area. The kitchen had new, modern appliances exactly like you'd find in todays top of the line houses. There was a small washer / dryer combo which would have been great for taking care of those beach clothes. I only had one suggestion about the room and that would be the TV size. There are 2 flat-screen LCD's in the room. One in the bedroom and one in the livingroom. They look to be 26" screen size. I wold have liked them to be a little larger, perhaps 32". I know that when you're at the beach you're not watching TV, but if you do watch the TV at any time, it'd be great if it was a little bigger. This is based on the distance of the TV from where both the bed and the sofa are located. My only other complaint would be the parking situation. There is no parking AT the motel. It's acutally across the street. This can be eliminated by using the $8 a day valet parking which I STRONGLY recommend. The value of the service is worth it. If, however, you don't want to pay for valet parking, you have to dodge traffic to cross from the hotel to go across the street up to where the parking garage is. My suggestion would be to put in a crosswalk. We observed several people almost getting hit trying to cross the street against drivers who weren't yielding to pedestrians and since there wasn't a marked crosswalk they can. The nearest one to the hotel lobby is about 250 feet down the street. Very inconvenient. Other than that, our stay was excellent. We plan on a longer stay next year. Enjoy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all the different features of the room that you were staying in. Thank you for the excellent suggestions for the resort. I am will happy to pass them on to the General Manager for him to look into. We are looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 4 June 2009

My family and I began our stay in Myrtle Beach at an awful hotel and then we moved to The Anderson Ocean Club. It was the best move ever! Our family was impressed with the beautiful accomodations at The Anderson. The staff went out of their way to make our stay memorable. The rooms were so clean and the beds were superb! I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Myrtle Beach! We intend to return in the near future!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank GRADYKR
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased that you decided to stay with us after you weren’t impressed with your first choice. I am glad that you found the staff to be very accommodating and that they went out of their way to make your stay memorable. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

this was my fourth time staying! Not one time have I had a bad experience. From the
valet, to the front counter to housekeeping FANSTATIC! This is the hotel of Mrytle beach.
I tell anyone that ask for a hotel. Keep up the good work Anderson Ocean

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelandCharlotte_Nc
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am so pleased to read that you have stayed with us many times. I am glad that we are able to provide you with fantastic service. Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2009

The full kitchen was new and nice, with full-size fridge, dishwasher, microwave, granite countertops, etc. We stayed on the 18th floor and the oceanfront view was perfect from the balcony. The room was clean although we did not have any soap on arrival, but the staff responded quickly to our request. The only hotel restaurant (Magnolias) is a walk across the street, which is not convenient. We had the breakfast buffet and were not impressed. If the hotel had a bar, I did not see it. The poolside snack cart lady will make mixed and frozen drinks for $7.00-$8.00 and they will not be what you asked for. Save your money and sanity and walk or drive a few blocks (you can walk the beach or road to get there) toward the Anderson's sister hotel, Camelot. We found an oasis beside Camelot called Bummz Beach Cafe & Bar. They have the best food, drinks, and live music every afternoon around 5pm. The grouper fingers were excellent. Back to the Anderson Club. The biggest disappointment was the scattering of small, shallow pools, as if they were an afterthought. The hotel is huge, which makes the lack of a decent pool, restaurant, and bar all the more baffling. This is a hotel, not a resort. We will not return. A final note: This would not be a good choice for folks with limited mobility due to the walking required.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tidalslaves2

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you liked your room. I would like to tell you about the pools that are on the property. There are two indoor pools; an indoor hot tub, 2 outdoor pools; an outside lazy river and an outdoor hot tub. I am sorry that you didn’t find the right kind of pool for you. Also I am glad that you were able to find some of the great places to eat while you were in town. I hope that you will come back and stay in Myrtle Beach again.

Reviewed 1 June 2009

We looked at many hotel rooms in Myrtle Beach and almost left the area because most of the rooms were so run down and dirty but we stopped at Anderson Ocean Club and found a very clean room.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family