“Great Condos”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 20 June 2009

The Anderson Ocean Club was a great place to stay. Luke at the front desk was very helpful. The rooms were clean, cool, and modern. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2009

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you found our resort a great place to stay and that the room were clean, cool, and modern. I will pass on your kind words about Luke to his manager so he can be recognize for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2009

we had a family vacation and the hotel was the icing on cake! actually the hotel was what made our trip so much more relaxing! the rooms were spotless. the staff was polite and helpful. i just cant say enough to express how well we were treated and how much we enjoyed our stay there!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2009

Thank you for writing a review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. I am happy that the staff was polite and helpful to your family. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2009

Me and my family had a very nice trip and will be going back.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you had a nice trip and that you are planning to come back. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 June 2009

This was our first time to Myrtle Beach and the Anderson Ocean Spa. When we drove up to the hotel, we were presently surprised that the hotel was even nicer looking than it was in all the pictures on Trip Advisor. We received the royal treatment from the beginning of our stay to the end. The staff was awesome, professional, polite, and provided great information of where to eat and where to go. I can't give enough praise about our room. We rented a 1 bedroom ocean view on the 10th floor. The room was beautiful, elegant, and very clean. The full kitchen was awesome to have and very nicely decorated. The bed was so comfortable that I looked to see what the mattress brand was in order to purchase one for my own bed. The ocean view balcony was breathtaking. Waking up to that view every morning made us know that we were really on vacation. Loved that the hotel wasn’t overrun with kids; don’t get me wrong love kids but it’s really nice to have a hotel that has more of an adult environment. Not too many hotels in Myrtle Beach offer this. Another main reason I choice this hotel is because it’s a non-smoking zero tolerance hotel that makes every effort that their guest are happy during their stay. New guests w/young teenagers arrived next door during the middle of our vacation. They were very noisy and disruptive into the late hours. We had to call down to the front desk 2 days in a row but security was sent up and handled the situation accordingly. No more issues after that.

The only negative I have to say regarding the hotel during our stay is the parking. As much business as this hotel does, they should really invest in providing a closer parking lot for their guests.

We loved the resort and everything about it. We’ll definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you received the royal treatment when you arrived and during your stay with us. I am glad that the staff was professional and polite and that you enjoyed the view from your room. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2009

Anderson Ocean Club was a great - my husband and I would definitely return. We booked off of Expedia.com, paid $150 or so per night and stayed in a "Studio-Oceanview." The view was great - our room was on the side of the building however it was angled towards the ocean so we still had an awesome view of the beach/ocean. Having the kitchen and washer/dryer was really handy... we had all the kitchen essentials we needed.

The suite was very spacious, tons of room, it was extremely clean. The bed was very comfy, if you don't like plush mattresses you may not like it. The maid service was awesome, the lady we had did a great job every day and even cleaned up our dishes one time (we felt bad about that ..) while we were out.

When we checked in there was only 1 person working the counter... My husband and I had very long flights & waited about 10 mins before I interrupted the person at the counter and asked them to find someone available for us. A good customer service person would see people waiting and grab an available clerk BEFORE the guest has to ask.

The beach was great, we didn't use the pool or anything - a lot of kids running around, not our scene, but the facilities themselves looked good.

I ordered room service once, it was alright - not a lot of vegetarian options. I was craving 'healthy' food and it was hard to come by.

My only real qualm with the hotel was the valet service. We were advised to call ahead, from our room, so our car would be ready and waiting for us. A few times the valet person forgot, or didn't write down the right number so we waited a very long time for our car. At $8, plus tips (if you want), per day the valet was very expensive for a poor service. I would easily pay that price for valet had there been more attendants and had the service been faster. On average we waited 10 mins for our car after calling ahead. There only seemed to be 1 person there (for both parking and retrieving cars) and they always seemed to be running around in need of help.

Apart from those tiny annoyances I would definitely book again at the hotel. I had such a fun time in Myrtle Beach and the Anderson was a beautiful and relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found the view from you room to be great and that you enjoyed having the kitchen and washer/dryer in your room. I am sorry that you had a wait while checking in and at the valet. I am going to send your comments to the General Manager so he can look into what the problem might be. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2009

From the time we walked through the doors our stay was absolutely perfect. The room beautiful and was kept very clean and well stocked by the staff and oh my gosh the most comfortable beds ever. I do believe the Front Desk staff are the best I have ever came into contact with...a big thank you to Lindsay, David and Steve you guys are great and thanks for the help with pizza night. Beautiful hotel, wonderful weather, great family and friends...what more could you ask for....

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you found your experience with u to be absolutely perfect. I am glad that the staff was able to help you and that you found that the beds were the most comfortable. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermachr

Reviewed 13 June 2009

The Anderson Ocean Club is an amazing hotel. We rented room 1412 which is a 2 br 2 ba with ocean front and ocean view balconies. The views were amazing. The room was huge, beautiful and clean. The hotel staff was great. They were all friendly and welcoming. Our son took the batteries out of the remote for the tv and maintance (Gregg) was to our room in less than a minute to reset it. Now thats what I call service. My children loved the pools. There were many occasions where they had the pools all to themselves. This hotel was not over run with tons of children and we loved that. The beds are the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I didnt want to come back home to my bed. The bellmen were great. They actually carry in your stuff and put it in the rooms for you, they also showed us how to work the thermostat in our room. The parking across the street was not a problem. We did not use the $8 a day valet. There is also public beach parking right next to the hotel for $6 a day which is more convenient but we didnt want our car to be hot so we used the parking garage. The pool bar was nice but a little pricy. The Anderson is located in a great part of town. A two minute drive to Broadway at the Beach. The beach was crowded but we never had any problem finding a place to lay our stuff or renting an umbrella and chairs which cost $30 a day. House keeping was wonderful and friendly. This resort is non smoking and they enforce it. The grounds are not littered with cigarette butts which is nice. The pool areas were always kept very clean. The elevators are very fast and there are alot of them. We loved this resort and will return next year.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am honored that you think that this hotel should be ranked #1. I am pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming and that your children enjoyed the pools. I am glad that you were able to enjoy Broadway at the Beach while you were in town. We are looking forward to you coming back and staying with us again next year.