“Loved our stay and can't wait to go back!!!!”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #8 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 13 July 2009

We were very impressed with the hotel. We were leary after seeing some of the reviews on Expedia.com and Orbitz.com. The room was like having a one bedroom apartment that could sleep 8 easily. It was so nice to have a washer and dryer in the room as well as garbage disposal and dishwasher. The view of the ocean was wonderful and very relaxing. The decor and design was beautiful. We had several pools to choose from when done with the beach. The access to the beach was right off the pool area and you didn't have to walk far. The parking garage was across the street, but my husband dropped us off at the valet area and parked the van. I believe they plan to build a putt-putt golf course on the land next to the Magnolia's Restaurant. The staff were very nice and helpful. To get to the pools and ocean you have to cross the valet/check-in/out area, so warn your children to watch for cars. They kept everything clean and had activities for the kids at the pool area. We can't wait to go back!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,103)

Reviewed 13 July 2009

This is a great hotel for the beach. We had a one bedroom with two queen beds and a Murphy bed as well as a sleep sofa in the living room. All the furniture is fabulous and upscale. The kitchen has granite with a stove, microwave, and refrigerator. The space is certainly adequate for a family of 4 and the view that we had on the second floor was just great. I took the time to look at trip advisor before making reservations as I had been staying at one particular location in North Myrtle Beach for the past few years and it was getting a bit worn. This location was perfect, even though the parking was somewhat different, but bearable. If you are looking for a lot of activities for adolesants this may not fit your needs, but doable. I found the beach area to be safe as my husband and I took walks along the beach. This hotel is not far from the residential area and other upscale resorts are in the immediate area. I was quite impressed and will return again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2009

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy that you found this resort to be great and that you had plenty of room for your family in the unit that you had. I am glad that you liked all the appliances that were provided for your use. I hope that the next time you visit the Grand Strand you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 July 2009

Good service and very nice rooms. We stayed in a 1 bedroom ocean view room and it was very spacious! This was an average hotel (as hotels go) but within the area one of the nicest from what we could tell. We were told by many locals that it was remodeled over the last few years and it shows. Very nice pool area and lazy river/pool. Right on the beach. One drawback, there is no poolside food/drink service and the food was just snacks. Well-maintained building/facility. Spa was great and very accommodating!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed the pools and that the resort is located right on the beach. I am happy that you had a chance to visit the Awakening Spa while you stay with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2009

Hadn't been to Myrtle Beach in a while. Scheduled vacation for our family, which included me (Grandma), teenage granddaughter & friend, 10 yr. old grandson and my daughter. We stayed in the 3 BR suite. The experience was terrific. When we arrived, there was assistance with our luggage "from car trunk to room". Same when we left. The rooms were luxurious, the beds, pillows, sooo! comfortable. The hospitality and service of the personnel were outstanding. The on-site pools, lazy river, well maintained. The kitchen was wonderful. Just a little understocked on pots and pans, but everything else was great; they even provided the dishwashing detergent, etc. Housekeeping was very cooperative, always asking what you needed in the way of towels, clean-up, etc. I am looking forward to a trip back next year!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you and all of your guests had enough room in the suite that you stayed in and that the staff was able help you whenever you needed some assistance. We are looking forward to you coming back and staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2009

We had not been to Myrtle Beach for about 8 years. I searched the internet and found the Anderson Ocean Club. We chose it because it was part of the Oceana Resort family. We were familiar with other hotels in this family and had good experiences there in the past. We chose Anderson because it had ocean front, multi-bedroom units with Queen and King beds. Our room was beautiful and well kept. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in the off season and the price was very reasonable for such a great place. It was very quiet as well. Pools were nice and kept clean too. We also liked the location as it is easy to access Broadway at the Beach and other attractions. We stayed a week and had a great experience. We will stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and that your room was beautiful and well kept. I am glad that you liked the location for its easy access to Broadway at the Beach and the other locations. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2009

The room was spotless, the view amazing, and the staff was most accommodating. The evening manager Lindsay Rice was so helpful with suggesting places to eat and tourist attractions. We will definitely recommend to all of our friends and family as well as return ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found the staff to be accommodating and that you had an amazing view. I will pass on you kind words about Lindsay to her boss so she can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2009

My husband and I and our two kids (young adults I should say) absolutely loved this hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom suite.. and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!!! I would highly recommend this to everyone (with young kids or older kids or NO kids)... it's fabulous!!!!!! The staff is so sweet, everyone was so accommodating.. we had a leak in the first room and they were on it immediately.. we even got an upgrade to an ocean view room. A special thank you to the folks in the Front Desk, and Amy (the hotel administrator)!!! Thank you all for making our stay pleasant.. I'll be back... God willing. Hopefully the bar will be done by then.. it was a bit noisy during construction... but once it's finished.. bet it will be great!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family