“This is the best place to stay at Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #10 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte
“This is the best place to stay at Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2009

It was very convenient to the downtown area and shopping and dining. It was a beautiful, clean hotel and everyone there was very nice and helpful. The pools were all very nice and everyone staying there was very nice and very friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 28 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you think that this is the best place to stay in Myrtle Beach and that the location is convenient since we are close to the downtown area. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
kabuz118
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2009

My wife and I wanted to go somewhere different this year and we choose Myrtle Beach. Not sure where to stay, we searched the web. And we had 2 places in mind. We decided on the Anderson Ocean Club & Spa. We checked in and went up to the room. We choose a 2 bedroom & 2 bath. We walked in and WOW. This place was absolutely beautiful. Very spacious and clean. All the amenities of home and more. My 3 year son calls it his Myrtle Beach home and he misses it badly. We choose the ocean front unit and were not disappointed. A gorgeous view and in the morning we watched the dolphin playing. This place is great. We would definitely stay here again. Having a full kitchen was nice. And the washer/dryer was very convenient, It made use pack less. The bedrooms were very spacious and the beds were so comfortable. The only flaw was the pools. They were cloudy all week long. The front desk apologized and said we could have used the pools the Best Western next door. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 25 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that when you walked into the room your first impression was WOW. I am glad that you found the rooms to be very spacious and beautiful. I hope that you and your family will come back and stay at your Myrtle Beach home again soon.

Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

We recently came to the Anderson for a week long stay. We booked a 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom ocean front room (as there would be 4 Adults and a 16 month old). It was everything we expected and more. The room(s) were top notch. Full Kitchen with granite counters, Washer dryer, HUGE ocean front balcony, nice big bathrooms and big bedrooms with very comfortable beds. We loved the easy access to the beach and extremely convenient location (downtown, Broadway at the Beach, etc.). The pools were a little on the small side, but we were there for the beach, so they were perfect for a quick dip after a day at the beach.

We didn't mind parking in the garage, which was literally, less than a block away, since there was a loading area right at the hotel. And I was driving an SUV and had no problems fitting into any spots (but I am used to driving in the city).

All of the staff was great. Our housekeeper, Tangela, did a wonderful job on our room and everything was always well stocked.

Our only complaint was that we parked one night via the Valet parking, but when we went to check out, they had charged us for 4 other nights. They were happy to waive the other charges, but I am glad that I caught that mistake!

Overall, it was a great trip at a wonderful hotel. We can't wait to come back!

One last tip: remember to show your AAA card when you check-in. They knocked another 15% off our already low rate. It was a nice surprise!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that your room was everything you expected and more. I am glad that you liked having a washer/dryer and that you loved your huge ocean front balcony. I will pass on your kind words regarding Tangela to her boss so she can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Watertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I just got back from my 1st Myrtle Beach experience. We are already trying to plan another trip and we will stay at Anderson Ocean Club again. The staff that I met were truly what made our experience over the top. Between the early check-in I received, or the assistance in booking tee times at the last minute all of the staff was great. Steve at the front desk was especially helpful with assisting me with some of our groups golf reservations as well as recommendations. Joe, Hollie and Dave were also a pleasure to deal with whatever my request. We had a 3 bedroom unit that met all our needs and then some. As far as I'm concerned Anderson is the perfect place to stay for what we were looking for. At night it was only a $6 cab ride for the group of us to hit Celebrity Square, we were beach front and there are plenty of places to eat and drink within walking distance, not to mention the rooms are more than comfortable, they are home away from home. Thanks again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you choose the Anderson Ocean Club to stay at for your first trip to Myrtle Beach and that you consider us to be the perfect place to stay. I am glad that all the staff was over the top and were willing to help during any situation. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2009

Met and exceeded our expectations. Room was large and clean. Pillows are wonderful, would like them at my home ! When we arrived we were put on the second floor and had wanted a room on an upper floor. This staff got us a room on the 20th floor with no problems. All staff was friendly, even when we met them in the hall everyone spoke. Very nice place to stay. Some reviews stated that the parking garage was far away, it is about a block away and not a problem to get to. They had parking on site to load and unload luggage. The parking spaces are a little small but would not make be a decision in staying here. Already planning vacation for next year and we will return to Andersons. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 24 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that the resort met and exceeded your expectations. I am glad that the staff was able to get you moved to a higher floor and that they were all friendly. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again next year.

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

This property and staff were kind and professional. My experience was outstanding and left me in awe. I have timeshares with Bluegreen, Southbeach and have stayed in Florida, Charleston and other properties. Your condos are large and roomy. They are designed well and creatively decorated. The beds were outstanding. The room I was in did not have a dvd player and for me this is no big deal, but I thought you might want to know. The three young who were working during my stay were excellent and made every effort to please not only me but the other guess. The one I remember is Steve Jarvis.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 23 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that your experience while staying with us was outstanding and left you in awe. I am glad that you liked the way the resort is decorated and that the beds are outstanding. I will pass on your kind words regarding Steve Jarvis to his boss so he can be recognize for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2009

My family and I were very happy with our stay (8/31-9/3). The staff was wonderful from the front desk, to the valet, to the housekeeping crew. All of our needs were met quickly and courteously.

The rooms (1 bedroom, living room, kitchen, and 1 bathroom) were all clean, spacious, and COMFORTABLE. My friend and I LOVED the pillows on the beds. Each night we had a good night's sleep. The kitchen was stocked with everything you may need except for food, paper towels, and a sponge. The in-room washer and dryer was also extremely helpful.

The lazy river was a little disappointing (not very big), but the kids had a BLAST in it and the other pools regardless. Our only complaint was the housekeeper for the 2nd night wasn't as thorough as the housekeeper for our 3rd night. But replacement dish soap and bathroom soap isn't crucial or a big deal. I honestly can't wait to go back.

ATTRACTIONS
I recommend that you visit Broadway by the Beach. The aquarium is there along with a host of other things - so you may want to make a day out of it.

Magnolia Plantation is a great day trip (we went on a rainy day.) The Slave Cabin and House tours were well worth the extra money and both tour guides were VERY knowledgable. (Our tour guide DJ Tucker was awesome!) We took 3 girls (9, 10, and 11) and they enjoyed the tours as well, even though it was educational.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you and your family were very happy with your stay and that all the staff was wonderful. I am happy that you enjoyed the room you were staying in and that the in room washer and dryer were helpful. I hope that you and you family will come back and stay with us again soon.