“Very good value; very nice hotel”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #9 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond
“Very good value; very nice hotel”
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Nice hotel; treated myself to a massage, and the spa was lovely. Everyone is very nice and service was good. Only issue is parking garage a block away and loading/unloading is tight.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 29 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found the resort to be nice and that you treated yourself to a massage while you stayed with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
MERCERVILLE,NJ
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Beautiful hotel and spa.. .. Very clean rooms. Staff is very helpful and polite.. The hotel is very well cared for inside and out... Would recommend this hotel to everyone, and also will be returning here...

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found the rooms to be very clean and that the staff was very helpful. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in town.

NC
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My family and I just recently visited the Anderson Ocean Club and LOVED IT!! The rooms are AMAZING, the employees were all SUPER NICE, the pools were GREAT, the beach is AWESOME, the location can't be beat, everything about our vacation was PERFECT!!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 28 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed staying at our resort and that the rooms are amazing. I am happy that you like the location of the resort since it is so close to everything. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Georgia
Reviewed 26 September 2009

We had three nights booked, loved it so well we stayed another. Everything about the trip was wonderful. Hope to be back this year and enjoy another stay at the Anderson Ocean Club.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that your trip was wonderful and that you even extended your stay while you were staying with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Charlotte
Reviewed 25 September 2009

It was very convenient to the downtown area and shopping and dining. It was a beautiful, clean hotel and everyone there was very nice and helpful. The pools were all very nice and everyone staying there was very nice and very friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you think that this is the best place to stay in Myrtle Beach and that the location is convenient since we are close to the downtown area. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

kabuz118
Reviewed 24 September 2009

My wife and I wanted to go somewhere different this year and we choose Myrtle Beach. Not sure where to stay, we searched the web. And we had 2 places in mind. We decided on the Anderson Ocean Club & Spa. We checked in and went up to the room. We choose a 2 bedroom & 2 bath. We walked in and WOW. This place was absolutely beautiful. Very spacious and clean. All the amenities of home and more. My 3 year son calls it his Myrtle Beach home and he misses it badly. We choose the ocean front unit and were not disappointed. A gorgeous view and in the morning we watched the dolphin playing. This place is great. We would definitely stay here again. Having a full kitchen was nice. And the washer/dryer was very convenient, It made use pack less. The bedrooms were very spacious and the beds were so comfortable. The only flaw was the pools. They were cloudy all week long. The front desk apologized and said we could have used the pools the Best Western next door. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 25 September 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that when you walked into the room your first impression was WOW. I am glad that you found the rooms to be very spacious and beautiful. I hope that you and your family will come back and stay at your Myrtle Beach home again soon.

Hamden, Connecticut
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We recently came to the Anderson for a week long stay. We booked a 3 Bedroom/3 Bathroom ocean front room (as there would be 4 Adults and a 16 month old). It was everything we expected and more. The room(s) were top notch. Full Kitchen with granite counters, Washer dryer, HUGE ocean front balcony, nice big bathrooms and big bedrooms with very comfortable beds. We loved the easy access to the beach and extremely convenient location (downtown, Broadway at the Beach, etc.). The pools were a little on the small side, but we were there for the beach, so they were perfect for a quick dip after a day at the beach.

We didn't mind parking in the garage, which was literally, less than a block away, since there was a loading area right at the hotel. And I was driving an SUV and had no problems fitting into any spots (but I am used to driving in the city).

All of the staff was great. Our housekeeper, Tangela, did a wonderful job on our room and everything was always well stocked.

Our only complaint was that we parked one night via the Valet parking, but when we went to check out, they had charged us for 4 other nights. They were happy to waive the other charges, but I am glad that I caught that mistake!

Overall, it was a great trip at a wonderful hotel. We can't wait to come back!

One last tip: remember to show your AAA card when you check-in. They knocked another 15% off our already low rate. It was a nice surprise!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that your room was everything you expected and more. I am glad that you liked having a washer/dryer and that you loved your huge ocean front balcony. I will pass on your kind words regarding Tangela to her boss so she can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in the area.