“Everything good EXCEPT PARKING!”

Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 February 2010

We stayed her for our honeymoon.The rooms were very nice and had a great view. It was in a good central location. Price was a little much. Although, you have to park across the street and it is a good bit of a walk if you are carrying your luggage and groceries. They have a VERY limited number of parking spots to park in for loading and unloading. We were in a 2007 Dodge truck and could not even fit in the loading and unloading parking spots! I do not think we would stay here again. It was ok but i would choose something different.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you liked the view from your room and that that room was very nice. I am sorry that the parking situation would deter you from coming back and staying with us. I hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts

Reviewed 21 February 2010

We stayed here for a couple of nights in February to get away after a busy time. It was a perfect place to relax and be together. The position is great, right on the beach. The staff couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is tip-top quality and deserves to maybe be a higher rating. Best of all - the bed was really the most comfy I've ever slept in. I had a fantastic night's sleep there and woke to views over the beach from our balcony. Fantastic place. Best hotel of our trip and we've stayed in 9 different hotels in 4 weeks.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you found our resort to be the perfect place to relax and that the staff couldn’t have been helpful. I am glad that you found the beds to be the most comfy that you have ever slept in. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2010

We recently traveled down to MB for a family reunion. Secured a great deal for the Anderson and was pleasantly surprised with our accommodations! All of the comforts of home! Our trip was off-season but I'd say that the only drawback would be the size of the outdoor pool - it's pretty small. It wouldn't stop me from staying there again though!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dls1656
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised with your accommodations and that you room had all the comforts of home. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again the next time you have a family reunion.

Reviewed 18 February 2010

Upon first glance, our room looked great. However, there were dirty towels in the washer, food & drinks left from previous guests, hair in the bathroom (not just A hair...quite a bit! & not the kind of hair you want to see!) All the furniture was very dusty. There was hardly any water pressure in the shower, but that might have been because the shower head was leaking all down the wall. Check in took around 25 minutes....
My husband & I were really excited to stay there because the hotel is new, but were really disappointed in our stay.
However, the restaurant (Magnolia on 26th) was FABULOUS! They have outstanding food & the prices were great as well.
I don't know if we would stay again... I would defintely take my own cleaning supplies if we did!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Anderson Ocean Club & Spa, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would like to apologize to you for the condition that your room was in. I am going to pass this comment to the Director of Housekeeping for her to go over with her staff. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on Thanksgiving and we really loved the hotel. The staff are nice and the rooms are great. We decided to go back to the beach for Valentine’s Day and of course we chose to stay at this hotel again. We decided to get couples massages, as it is one of our traditions for Valentine’s Day. The massage therapists were nice and friendly but their service was horrible. They did not do any massaging, they just rubbed lotion/oil our skin. The manager was very pleasant and discounted some of our services after we discussed our displeasure. Today, I received a call stating that they are not sure if my credit card was charged twice. I write this review to let you guys know to use the spa at your own risk. The spa is beautiful but the massage therapists are horrible! It also seemed as if the folks at the front desk were having a hard time managing the front desk. We had to ask for a receipt. At first she said that she was unable to give us a receipt but after probing she printed us a receipt.

Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you liked the resort enough to come back and stay with us again. However, I am sorry for the problems that you encountered at the spa. From what I was able to learn from all of the parties involved is that there was a problem with the computer the day you come in for your service. That is why they had problem printing out your receipt and what caused your card to be charged twice. As soon as the double charge was found, it was refunded and we made you aware that we processed the refund on your card. As for the massage therapists I have spoken with them also and I have learned that you were informed about the type of massage that you picked out and that when you weren’t satisfied with your massage the Director of the Spa discounted your services. I am sorry for the problems that you had with spa and I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us again. We would like the opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 16 February 2010

I absolutely loved the Anderson! Our stay was fantastic, and the room was beautiful. Everything from the granite countertops in the kitchen to the jacuzzi tub made for an exciting getaway for both my boyfriend and I. I recommend trying the valet parking for $8 a day as their parking garage is across the street. I wish I could have gone to the spa, but it was a bit pricey for me. Book your trip here if you ever plan a trip to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that your stay was fantastic and that you the room was beautiful. I hope that the next time you come to town you will stay with us again and that you will have the time to go to the spa also. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

I loved the room, but the service was lacking. We waited a long time to check in. When we had a problem with our key working, the front desk made us stand there for 5 minutes before he even addressed us. He was in the back talking on the phone, he looked up several times and made eye contact. What made it worse was he was not the only one working. We have stayed several times. If you don't care how they treat you, it is a great hotel. Also there was a hole in the ceiling, but the guy came up later and fixed that. It appears that someone stole it and they didn't check prior to renting it out again. We stayed 7 days.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you loved the room. However, I am sorry that you found the service to be lacking. I am sorry that the front desk staff made you wait has he finished a conversation on the phone. I hope that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us. We would like the opportunity to serve you again.