“Awesome!”

Vicini's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #24 of 962 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden gem! Skip the big chain tourist restaurants and go here if you are looking for good Italian food and atmosphere. The staff was attentive, polite, and it was very clean. The ambiance was intimate and it smelled wonderful as soon as you walked in. The pizza was some of the best I have ever had. Not your typical New York style. The ingredients were fresh and the sauce was excellent. Definitely found a new favorite for our trips down to Myrtle. This is a perfect date night spot if you want good food, good atmosphere, and are looking for a quiet dinner without crowds.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Our first trip to Vincini’s was a huge hit. Everything is very fresh and homemade. Even the Parmesan cheese was wonderful.

My wife got the lasagna and said it was either the best or second best she’d ever had (she’s Italian by the way). I ordered the veal Marsala. It was delightful. Even our salads were good. Real Italian salad instead of iceberg lettuce.

I was shocked more folks went there. Amazing Italian highly recommended.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

My son and I go to the beach often, and have our set places to dine. We occasionally try new places if we hear/read about them, but we do have our standard places.
On our last trip, I asked Alexa on my kindle, who has the best pizza in Myrtle Beach, and she replied "you can't beat Vicini's." We love pizza, I make it at home weekly, and we have visited what we thought were the best in the area, so I knew we had to visit this place. Full disclosure, I did read review first, I don't trust Alexa that much...
So, we went for lunch and decided to try one of their Italian meals. I know, I am raving about pizza, but wait, there's more... I went with Veal Marsala, he chose the Chicken Parmesan. I got mine with the soup, he got the salad and we both got pasta - spaghetti for me and linguine for him.
She brought out some great bread and seasoned olive oil, followed by our soup and salad. The soup was vegetable bean soup, which isn't one of my faves, but it was delicious. My son's salad was also very good.
As for the meals, my veal dish was outstanding and his chicken parm was top notch. The side pastas were perfectly al dente, with the right amount of sauce married to the pasta, not plopped on top, which is a pet peeve of mine. Pasta and sauce should always be maried when hot to get nice sauce and pasta distribution.
Needless to say, we were very happy with our meals.
Two days later, we went back to try the pizza. The pizza was amazing. The crust had a nicely cooked, not greasy bottom, and a good chew as well. The cheeses, sauce and topping were all of high quality. This was the best pizza I have had outside my own in a long time!
Warning, if you are one of those people that believe pizza should never cost more than 10 bucks, go to a chain! This is more expensive but worth every delicious bite.
Now, the place itself was quite nice. Small, but nicely decorated and very clean, you can tell they take pride in their restaurant.
The service was very good also, and the people as friendly as can be.
This will be a mist visit on our future beach trips for sure!!!
Highly recommend!

1  Thank music_fanatic1
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I grew up in an Italian home, and family owned Italian restaurant. Hands down this experience was AWESOME. Everything from the sauce, cheese, even the desserts are authentic and delicious. It reminded me of my Italian grandfather's cooking. My family and I will be back every year when we vacation Myrtle Beach. The service was amazing too, and they were very busy. Great job well done all the way around.

1  Thank heatherbG734MI
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Loved everything about it! Fresh made bread, best Caesar salad dressing I've ever tasted, I asked and of course they make their own fresh! Saw online they also make their own fresh mozzarella cheese and I shared with the waitress that my 8 year old daughter loves mozzarella and eats it by the bowlful and asked could she get a small slice of their fresh mozzarella to try. She brought her two slices that were both about 3 & 1/2 inches round and an inch thick! She loved it! We didn't really care to try any appetizers that they had but I asked the waitress if they had any bread or anything they could bring while we waited on the food because we felt like we were about to starve. She brought out a huge plate of warm, fresh toasted bread with some olive oil and spices to dip it in. We weren't charged anything for either of these items! The waitresses were so pleasant, the service was excellent, and oh yeah, the pizza is magnificent! This place is a gem! Will go back for sure!

1  Thank C8870UJfrankd