Firstly check in as at 3:00PM, do not expect to be checked in prior to that. We arrived around 12:30 PM and went inside to fill out our paper work (the registration building is across the street from the actual hotel) they said they would call us when our room was ready... by 3:00 PM still no call so we ended up going to guest registration and apparently our room was ready they just forgot to let us know. Upon entering the room for the first time I immediately noticed the bathroom was dirty. There was a used wash cloth in the bath tub, pee stains on the toilet seat, hairs in the shower, and what looked like dirty finger prints all around the shower...SO GROSS. The next thing I noticed was that our safe was broken so we couldn't use it, AND our AC unit turned on and off every 5 minutes our whole stay, which was annoying while trying to sleep. However I thought the room itself wasn't bad, we rented an oceanfront efficiency suite with double beds... the beds were comfy and I was pleasantly surprised to see there was a DVD player. The room was a little outdated but didn't bother me for the price we paid. We were on the 5th floor giving us a huge "private" balcony (the neighbors balcony's were right next to ours separated by a small gate). During our stay we did not visit the pools once, we spent all of our time on the beach because they pools were A LOT smaller than advertised, very crowded. Also there are not nearly enough elevators so we took the stairs almost every time (not air conditioned and smell like a toilet) Overall we had a great trip, the staff was friendly, it was quiet and the weather was beautiful, but I would not stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Caravelle Resort Hotel are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Caravelle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
- Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- The Caravelle Golf Family Resort