Message from TripAdvisor:

“This was a pretty nice place for the price!”

The Caravelle Resort
Ranked #31 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Binghamton, NY
“This was a pretty nice place for the price!”
Reviewed 14 September 2009

My husband and 2 teenagers stayed at the Caravelle resort the week before Labor Day weekend. This is the time to go. The beach is so quiet with only about 20 people in sight at any given time. We checked out on Saturday...thank goodness because there were over 300 check ins the day before. The whole week we shared the pool, lazy river and hot tub with only about a half dozen people. It was also quite inexpensive , about $90 a night for an ocean front suite with one bedroom and kitchen. The suite was nice but the furniture was a little worn for being remodeled last year. They should have invested in more quality furnishings. The molding was missing off one of the dresser drawers and there were nails sticking out that I kept cutting my fingers on every time I shut the drawer. The decor was trendy but the colors were an ugly mustard color. The beds were a little hard but overall it wasn't a bad place to stay. The pool area was very nice and there was a kiddie section that looked like a lot of fun for small children. They do have a pigeon problem though, they had pooped all over half of the lounge chairs while landing on the top of the building. There is also an indoor pool and hottub but the water was too warm in the pool I thought. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. They also make omelettes and waffles to order included in the $7.95 price for the buffet. There was an exercise room and billiard and arcade rooms, an ice cream shop, pool bar cabana, and a small store all reasonably priced. Parking wasn't a problem with 2 garages and it's free. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and provided plenty of towels. They came everyday and were really thorough. We called the front desk for dish soap and someone brought it within minutes. There is a safe in the closet that you pick your own combination. You might want to take some of your own utensils because they were sparse. No pancake flipper or spatulas. There was a toaster, mixer, can opener, and coffee maker. No pot holders or paper towels. A full size stove and fridge and a microwave were in the kitchen. Cupboard doors were worn because they were low quality but they were clean. We will probably stay here again if we go back to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bwiser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Polish first
windsor,
Reviewed 13 September 2009

The rooms especally the bathroom was disgusting and in 4 days ours was cleaned once on the 3rd day,it wasn't clean on arrival but we kept making excuses as to why this was happening. You get 1 bar of soap,1 shampoo,1 coffee(No sugar/creamer) for a 4 day stay & the manager says this is normal!!!!!! Not where I've been the tap in washbasin was just sat in hole not exactly connected to sink,one bed had blanket the other not the manager said only thing they do in 4 days is change sheets on 3rd day,why not 2nd its still 2 sheet changes(maybe) the floors still had previous peoples mess we should have complained but because we prepaid didn't want to get it. They have cosmetically painted the outside to fool you the inside needs to be totally redone. I would not send my worst enemy there

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mykelti
Litchfield, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2009

went to the caravelle with 8 of our family members, had a 3 bedroom 3 bath room. it was very nice, big rooms and we all had our own baths and tv. really enjoyed our stay. everyone was happy. maid service was there every morning to see if we needed anything. would stay there again and recommend to others .

Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Wintersville, Ohio
Reviewed 30 August 2009

We just recently stayed at your resort. The pools were wonderful. We stayed at the towers next to the main building. Not so happy with it. Dirty Dirty Dirty. However, the maids were wonderful. They came everyday and brought clean towels and did their daily routine. The couch had horrible stains YUCK and the floor had stains all over it also. Would I stay again? NO!! The young girl that checked us in was terribly rude. I called to report our safe wasn't working and could not get into it to get my wallet. She just told me I had to wait my turn because there were alot of problems with the hotel that day. I BET THERE WAS! If you put 8 million dollars in renovations in this hotel,,,,YOU GOT RIPPED OFF. The restaurant was great. The hostess there was fabulous but the hotel is just too dirty and your front desk is too rude!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sorry2stayedhere
mahagonydime24
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I reserved my "Caravelle Resort - Oceanview Efficiency (Double) suite at least 2 months in advance. Afterwards, I kept reading a mixture of good and bad reviews, so I decided to stick with them. I'm glad I did!
Even though some of the reviews were correct:
-The Elevator IS slow
-The Wireless Internet only really worked while we were on the balcony (don't try and hook any video games to the internet, wont work)
-The door was hard to open at times
-Parking Deck filled up fairly quickly - had to park across the street (No big deal though, it's a great place to stay so alot of people visit, it's bound to be full)
However:
They had a lot more perks than faults. The rooms looked exactly like the pictures online. The toilet clogged on us 1 time, and maintenance reached us in less then 5 minutes - fixed it right up. They are very friendly and efficient when checking in and out.
If you have kids, they'll love the pool area.
Location is great, not to close and not to far from the main attractions. I hope this review helps someone, like othersreviews helped me!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mahagonydime24
Springfield, OH
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I was VERY nervous coming into the resort because I had read so many poor reviews. I will just let you know what my opinon is of the services that I used. We are a family of 5...three children, 15, 7 and 5...all boys. We reserved the Oceanfront Jacuzzi Suite which has a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room with a double wall bed and a double sofa bed (which the children slept on and loved), then a separate room with a King bed and a jacuzzi. The balcony was accessible thru the living room and the bedroom, which was really nice because my husband and I could go out onto the balcony for quiet time at night and in the morning without waking the children. The room also has two full bathrooms.

The view was unbelievable.....nothing blocked our view on the 4th floor....all we saw from both windows was the ocean. It was breath-taking.

There were some minor problems but nothing to keep us from coming back.

Pros:
*the oceanfront view---a must if you can afford it (but if you reserve using some of the online specials that the Caravelle has, it makes it very affordable)
*our room was everything we thought it would be. It looked just like the pictures. It was very clean, the cooling system worked...we didn't have any smells
*the beach access was just thru the pool area and over the deck....very, very close!
*the main pools and water play areas were fun and the children loved them
*we had maid service everyday...she came in a vacuumed, cleaned a little, took our wet towels and gave us clean ones.
*great value
*nice location--you aren't close to all of the noise of the late night activites of Myrtle Beach, but you are just a 10 minute drive away from them

Cons:
*the hotel grounds could have been kept cleaner ( hallways, garages) were musty and sometimes dirty...some of it is a little understandable because wet guests were constantly walking about
*the garages were soooo tight! We have a standard SUV and the parking garages were so hard to get out of. I recommend parking in the garage across the street because of how tight the main garage is...it's horrible
*the chairs at the pool area are all taken by 10 am, so if you want a chair, take your towels down when it opens at 9 to reserve your seats or else you won't have one until the activity dies down around 3 pm
*the indoor pool is really old and run down and needs repainted

Like I said, I will stay again, just because our room was so wonderful...the area is great and the staff were nice.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Boone
Reviewed 23 August 2009

\One elevator was OUT OF ORDER. Saturday check-in took us almost 1 hour 30 min to get our luggage to the room. The fridge was not working, Called front desk, told someone to check on it.
Wayne checked out our fridge--reset it and told us he would see if another was available, but never checked back.We are paying you 4$$$TO STAY HERE.Please fix it!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family