My husband and 2 teenagers stayed at the Caravelle resort the week before Labor Day weekend. This is the time to go. The beach is so quiet with only about 20 people in sight at any given time. We checked out on Saturday...thank goodness because there were over 300 check ins the day before. The whole week we shared the pool, lazy river and hot tub with only about a half dozen people. It was also quite inexpensive , about $90 a night for an ocean front suite with one bedroom and kitchen. The suite was nice but the furniture was a little worn for being remodeled last year. They should have invested in more quality furnishings. The molding was missing off one of the dresser drawers and there were nails sticking out that I kept cutting my fingers on every time I shut the drawer. The decor was trendy but the colors were an ugly mustard color. The beds were a little hard but overall it wasn't a bad place to stay. The pool area was very nice and there was a kiddie section that looked like a lot of fun for small children. They do have a pigeon problem though, they had pooped all over half of the lounge chairs while landing on the top of the building. There is also an indoor pool and hottub but the water was too warm in the pool I thought. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. They also make omelettes and waffles to order included in the $7.95 price for the buffet. There was an exercise room and billiard and arcade rooms, an ice cream shop, pool bar cabana, and a small store all reasonably priced. Parking wasn't a problem with 2 garages and it's free. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and provided plenty of towels. They came everyday and were really thorough. We called the front desk for dish soap and someone brought it within minutes. There is a safe in the closet that you pick your own combination. You might want to take some of your own utensils because they were sparse. No pancake flipper or spatulas. There was a toaster, mixer, can opener, and coffee maker. No pot holders or paper towels. A full size stove and fridge and a microwave were in the kitchen. Cupboard doors were worn because they were low quality but they were clean. We will probably stay here again if we go back to Myrtle Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Caravelle Resort Hotel are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Caravelle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myrtle Beach Caravelle Resort
- Caravelle Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Caravelle Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc
- The Caravelle Golf Family Resort