Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #31 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
georgia
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 27 September 2009

First time staying at The Caravelle Resort Hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. 3 adults (mother, 2 sisters, and child) stayed comfortably in the room with 2 double beds, and murphy bed. Comfortable beds. Great pool area, my 5 year old loved it! Great location on the beach! Our room was Oceanview-- we overlooked the pool are AND was able to see the ocean. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Will definately consider staying here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (627)
  • Polish first
sc
Reviewed 21 September 2009

I have always chosen a hotel based on the reveiws. In this case I was fooled. Does oceanfront not mean, the ocean is in front of you as well as to the left and right? We learned there was no bar soap in the room only after we got in the shower. Dirty glass in the sink during check in. The balcony was not very wide. My wife and I are only 5' 4", if you are taller than this, you will not have any leg room. Reveiws can say alot, it is only fair that everyone give positive along with negative reveiws. Just be honest, this is how many of us make our decision. Indian Land, SC

Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2009

We were in MB on a golf trip and were placed at this resort for the 5 nights duration. We enjoyed every minute of it, it was comfortable, quiet (we were on the 14th fl. with a wonderful oceanfront view). Eevery morning we had breakfast sitting on the balcony watching the ocean...WOW... We had everything we needed and the access to the beach was easy. We had one small incident where we had to contact the front desk for the maintenance and they were there within half an hour-so excellent service and very prompt. We always had parking under our bldg...We would definetely go back...The access to the main highways from the hotel were conveniently accessible...

Washington, DC
Reviewed 18 September 2009

We stayed in the main building at the Carvelle. The check in process was smooth and quick. I had requested a Oceanfront King efficiency Suite. The room was nice but smaller than it was described over the phone. The room did not have any towels upon checkin so after 2 calls to housekeeping I had to walk to the front desk for towels. About 4 hours later someone from housekeeping shows up with a bag full of towels. The housekeeping needs to improve on their cleaning skills. There was still sand on the counter vanity. But at least the bed and linens were clean. The view was great and I really enjoyed the balacony. The pool and jacuzzi on the 7th floor is great. If you want a break away from the kids the pool and jacuzzi are indoors so it is really peaceful. It was a great in the evenings to sit on the balacony and just relax. The breakfast buffet was a bit over priced. I would stay again...

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
ronda north carolina
Reviewed 17 September 2009

We had a great time! The service was great. although we did have to switch rooms, due to mold...but our new room we got was 100% better. My family and I had a great time, and will definitly come back to the caravelle again. Also the one thing that standed out the most, was our housekeeper Odessa....Was she ever so sweet to my family and I. She really made sure we were comfortable, and checked on us periodically. Odessa just made our stay more enjoyable! i think she deserves a thumbs-up from her co-workers!! Though her boss didnt seen so pleasent! Overall....i can not wait to come back to the caravelle!!! its a 5 star must stay kind of place!!! The Rowe/McCauley family

Raleigh
Reviewed 14 September 2009

My fiance and I checked in on a Friday night for our weekend getaway. I thought we were staying in a hotel on the ocean, but we were actually across the street. The website is a bit misleading and not all of the rooms are on the beach. As we walked towards our room, i saw roaches everywhere. I opened the door to our room and the first thing I noticed was a dead roach on the floor. The carpet was coming off the floor, paint was missing from the walls and the the carpet molding was coming off the wall. I looked up at the ceiling and saw a huge roach crawling. This place is so disguisting. It really needs some serious maintenance and to be sprayed for insects. We left within 2 minutes of being in the room. My fiance walked back inside the lobby to check out and the receptionist seemed like it was no big deal. She apologized, but not sincerely and refunded our card. I'm guessing they get this often. I would not recommend this hotel even if you are on a strict budget. You can get a hotel 3 times as nice a few miles down the strip for only $30 more a night.

1 Thank jmontgomery4d
Binghamton, NY
Reviewed 14 September 2009

My husband and 2 teenagers stayed at the Caravelle resort the week before Labor Day weekend. This is the time to go. The beach is so quiet with only about 20 people in sight at any given time. We checked out on Saturday...thank goodness because there were over 300 check ins the day before. The whole week we shared the pool, lazy river and hot tub with only about a half dozen people. It was also quite inexpensive , about $90 a night for an ocean front suite with one bedroom and kitchen. The suite was nice but the furniture was a little worn for being remodeled last year. They should have invested in more quality furnishings. The molding was missing off one of the dresser drawers and there were nails sticking out that I kept cutting my fingers on every time I shut the drawer. The decor was trendy but the colors were an ugly mustard color. The beds were a little hard but overall it wasn't a bad place to stay. The pool area was very nice and there was a kiddie section that looked like a lot of fun for small children. They do have a pigeon problem though, they had pooped all over half of the lounge chairs while landing on the top of the building. There is also an indoor pool and hottub but the water was too warm in the pool I thought. The buffet breakfast was the best I have ever had at a hotel. They also make omelettes and waffles to order included in the $7.95 price for the buffet. There was an exercise room and billiard and arcade rooms, an ice cream shop, pool bar cabana, and a small store all reasonably priced. Parking wasn't a problem with 2 garages and it's free. Housekeeping staff was very friendly and provided plenty of towels. They came everyday and were really thorough. We called the front desk for dish soap and someone brought it within minutes. There is a safe in the closet that you pick your own combination. You might want to take some of your own utensils because they were sparse. No pancake flipper or spatulas. There was a toaster, mixer, can opener, and coffee maker. No pot holders or paper towels. A full size stove and fridge and a microwave were in the kitchen. Cupboard doors were worn because they were low quality but they were clean. We will probably stay here again if we go back to Myrtle Beach.

1 Thank bwiser