My wife and I have stayed at the Ocean Creek Resort for almost 25 years. We are currently staying there (for 4 months) as SnowBirds. We love the location, the proximity to great bars, restaurants and shopping. It is located right on the beach and has direct access to US17, all of which we love.
Many of our friends and family come here for the same reasons, but despite our loyalty, Ocean Creek delivers poor and indifferent service. Simple problems do not get solved. Our 2 bdrm lodge unit lacks a few simple items. Without getting into petty details, and despite repeated telephone requests, our telephone calls are ignored. And we still have our issues.
We continue to love this place and, as difficult as it is to believe, we will probably come back. But, it will never, ever be with a booking thru Ocean Creek Resort itself. In future we will rent from a private owner or from someone else booking units. Our past experiences with Ocean Creek Resort and it's staff are over.
It is sad that such a good place could do such a bad job servicing it's guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Message from TripAdvisor: Condominiums at the Ocean Creek Resort are owned and operated by several different management companies, so quality and service standards may vary. If you wish to book a specific unit or a unit owned or managed by a specific company, please ask about that unit before booking your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ocean Creek Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Creek Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Resort Myrtle Beach
- Ocean Creek Myrtle Beach