“Wonderful Resort”

Ocean Creek Resort
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an older resort, but don't let that keep you from making a reservation. This property is lush and they take excellent care of it. The staff is always friendly, courteous and kind and we enjoy seeing them year after year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We appreciate your high recommendation and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Normally when travelling with my wife, I would use Hampton Inns. This trip was solo and I was looking to save a few bucks. Ocean Creek allowed me to save about $30/night. OC is an older resort that met my minimum requirements for this trip but would not if I had my wife/family with me. I pretty much only used the bed, shower and tv as I came to MB for a 4 day golf tourney. Understand the resort was OK but its older and dated. The high rise bldgs closer to the beach looked to be much newer and higher quality. The resort location was good and had 24hr security manning the entry gate. The computer in the lobby was useless. The employees were friendly and good.

Room Tip: High rise or privately owned units looked much better.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank no3putts

Overall I'm glad that the staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. I apologize that there were some issues that are preventing you from coming back to visit us. I assure you that we want our guests to always have a great experience and we would love to have you and your family stay with us during your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our first time in Myrtle Beach and the hotel/condo stay was a bit of a let down following our stay at a 5-star resort in Kissimmee, Florida. But we wanted a resort on the beach and we got it. We stayed in Lodge 2 and it was a little walk to the beach, but it was pleasant on the shady tree grounds. We were never successful in getting the golf cart ride to the beach as the wait was too long so we just walked. The décor in the condo was outdated (though the sea-shore motif was cute). The unit was clean but there were roaches and there were no towels in any of the bathrooms on arrival. I liked the full-functioning kitchen and housekeeping to clean the room. The beach, pools, hot tub, mini game room for the kid were great, but other amenities were lacking (only one exercise bike was working). Friendly staff at the sea-side cafe. The one-bedroom could use a Queen-size bed instead of a full. There is enough space to hold it. My husband is 6'4 and stocky and a full bed won't do. We ended up sleeping on the sofa bed, which could use a new mattress, and giving our son the bed. Despite the negatives, I thought I got value for the price I paid. It was great weather while we were there and the beach was not crowded. If we ever come back to Myrtle Beach, we might consider another hotel though.

Room Tip: The towers nearest the beach and the pool and café look newer and better maintained and are nearer t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. I apologize about the issues you mentioned and I appreciate you making us aware of this so that we can address it. Overall I hope you and your family enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had another wonderful visit at Ocean Creek. The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained. Our room was also beautiful. Our only complaint about the room was that we did not have a flat screen tv in the bedroom. One other complaint is about the lack of wash cloths. I just can't imagine a resort of this size running out of wash cloths and if you did, there was a Walmart right around the corner. I know you were probably booked to capacity being that it was Labor Day weekend but I still think their should have been adequate wash cloths because I know you knew you were going to be full and should have been prepared for this crowd. Overall, I still enjoyed my visit and will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort. Thank you for letting us know about the issues with the wash clothes. We had an issue and we have since resolved it but I want to apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. We hope to see you and your family the next time you come to the beach.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

For years, we have been visiting Ocean Creek Resort for a few days each summer. We stay in the lodge villas. When our son was little, we would stay in a studio. Plenty of room for the 3 of us. We later chose a 1 bedroom, and our son would sleep on the pullout. Now that our son is grown, we stay in the 2 bedroom lodge villas. I love this place and the only reason I do not give it 5 stars is because I think some updating is in order.
The prices are very reasonable.
The rooms have always been clean, spacious, and well equipped. The staff is always nice and helpful.
Here you can hop on a trolley and be at the beach in 3 minutes. Or, just walk on the paved paths, lined with shade trees, flowering oleanders, and squirrels. We can walk to the beach in less than 10 minutes.
There's a restaurant on site, as well as one on the beach to grab a burger & a soda. There's a Cracker Barrel beside the resort, and across the road is Barefoot Landing, which has tons of restaurants, shopping, even tigers!
The resort is not visible from the road, and it is gated. There are multiple outdoor pools, and a very large indoor heated pool with a hot tub.
We've never had a problem with noise.
This is one of our favorite vacation spots.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

After reading other reviews, I was very wary. BUT for $340 for 4 nights, including tax, I felt I could take a chance. We were in Lodge I. Only a 4 minute walk to the beach, and we took the tram almost every time. Unit was clean, had everything we needed and functional. TV worked fine, even if not the most modern. Location was perfect. Next to Cracker Barrel, across from Barefoot landing and close to beach. Beach wonderful; pool was lovely, everyone was friendly. I think you have to look at what you're paying and decide from there. We were very pleasantly surprised -- no complaints at all. Front desk helped make dinner reservations at Pirate Voyage at a great price, too.

1  Thank Darlene R
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Booked this resort online with no issue - check in was quick as well. We stayed in a 1 bedroom lodge villa (sleeps 4) that was equipped with a kitchen. The unit was very spacious and pretty clean - probably could be updated, but most of the places in MB fall into that category. The TVs are fatbacks, but the living room TV did have a DVD player - cable was decent and did have HBO. WIFI was outstanding - the best I have had in MB. Very strong connection, even with mutliple devices streaming concurrently. Maid service was daily - constant supply of clean towels. We did breakfast a couple of days on site - it is a small place that just does a breakfast buffet. Might be 10 or so tables - the spread wasn't huge, but it was very good and worth the money. Our villa had a pool just steps away and we usually had the pool lto ourselves. There are other pools for use - actually, the only pools you can't use are the tower pools (they are reserved for the tower folks). There is also a large pool adjacent to the beach bar (did not go to the beach bar - not sure why, but the prices seeme good), which is actually on the beach. The beach itself was a 5 or so minute walk from Villa IV through the sprawling grounds that is Ocean Creek. A golf cart shuttle was an option for beach transport, but we opted out due to the elderly woman driving it in a semi-crazed fashion. The beach was pretty good and well kept - lots of space to camp out. Especially considering the price, this was a very good deal. Oh yeah, the staff was very friendly as well.