Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersBronze level
New Albany, Ohio
“Okay, but not great”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was prepared to leave a good review because, overall, we had a pretty good trip, until the last night of our stay. We were sitting on the bed watching TV and my boyfriend jumped because a roach was crawling on him. We left that night instead of the next morning like we were supposed to because we couldn't stand the thought of sleeping in the room again.

The location of the resort is great...really close to the beach and the grounds are nice. The lodge buildings are definitely older, but we knew that going in. We purchased a Groupon for this trip, so we got a great deal. The units are outdated, but ours was pretty clean and was sufficient for what we were looking for. We had no issues until the last night. Unfortunately, I will not be returning because of the bugs.

Room Tip: The towers looked much nicer than the lodges, but I think they are more expensive as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keliza49
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Overall it seems that you had a great stay and we feel badly that you will not return under the circumstances. There are preventative measures taken to prevent insects from ever causing an issue but unfortuantely it can still happen from time to time. I am not able to tell which unit you were in so if you would call me or email me with the room number, I will be sure to check it out to make sure that there is not an ongoing issue. My telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email is gm@oceancreek.com.

Sabrina Hilliard, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We used to stay here all the time but as this place has gotten older they obviously hire less than desirable employees to clean the rooms to compete. We had to call housekeeping and the front desk multiple times for towels. Housekeeping simply would not replace towels, just take away the dirty ones. Very frustrating after a day at the beach to come back and not be able to take a shower. The Sofa Beds are as old and the facility and need to be replaced. Ours was missing over half the springs that were holding the mattress together. Useless! Our son had to sleep on the sofa and is still suffering back pain from last weekend. Good Location for this resort, but we will not stay here again until this property has been renovated.

Room Tip: Do not count the sleeper sofa as a place to sleep. You will regret it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize abou the issues you had both with housekeeping bringing you fresh towels and with the sofa bed issues. Unfortunately I can not tell what unit you were in and would love an opportunity to speak with you so that I can find out which room you were in so that we can address the sofa matress issue. My direct telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email address is gm@oceancreek.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Really enjoyed our visit. we stayed in lodge 1 East and it was a short walk to the ocenfront. Unit was excellent. Only problem was the AC unit was dripping into a bucket instead of a line outside. Had to empty throughout the stay to prevent overflow onto the water tank. Housekeeping was aware of the problem because they too emptied the bucket. Beac Club pool and bar are outstanding. Beach is easy to access and a perfect location at the tidal swash. we had a great weekend and are planning a family vacation in the North Tower for next year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort. I apologize about the issue with the air conditioner but I appreciate you letting us know so that we can address it. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an older resort, but don't let that keep you from making a reservation. This property is lush and they take excellent care of it. The staff is always friendly, courteous and kind and we enjoy seeing them year after year.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We appreciate your high recommendation and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Normally when travelling with my wife, I would use Hampton Inns. This trip was solo and I was looking to save a few bucks. Ocean Creek allowed me to save about $30/night. OC is an older resort that met my minimum requirements for this trip but would not if I had my wife/family with me. I pretty much only used the bed, shower and tv as I came to MB for a 4 day golf tourney. Understand the resort was OK but its older and dated. The high rise bldgs closer to the beach looked to be much newer and higher quality. The resort location was good and had 24hr security manning the entry gate. The computer in the lobby was useless. The employees were friendly and good.

Room Tip: High rise or privately owned units looked much better.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank no3putts
Overall I'm glad that the staff was friendly and accommodating during your stay. I apologize that there were some issues that are preventing you from coming back to visit us. I assure you that we want our guests to always have a great experience and we would love to have you and your family stay with us during your next trip to the beach.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our first time in Myrtle Beach and the hotel/condo stay was a bit of a let down following our stay at a 5-star resort in Kissimmee, Florida. But we wanted a resort on the beach and we got it. We stayed in Lodge 2 and it was a little walk to the beach, but it was pleasant on the shady tree grounds. We were never successful in getting the golf cart ride to the beach as the wait was too long so we just walked. The décor in the condo was outdated (though the sea-shore motif was cute). The unit was clean but there were roaches and there were no towels in any of the bathrooms on arrival. I liked the full-functioning kitchen and housekeeping to clean the room. The beach, pools, hot tub, mini game room for the kid were great, but other amenities were lacking (only one exercise bike was working). Friendly staff at the sea-side cafe. The one-bedroom could use a Queen-size bed instead of a full. There is enough space to hold it. My husband is 6'4 and stocky and a full bed won't do. We ended up sleeping on the sofa bed, which could use a new mattress, and giving our son the bed. Despite the negatives, I thought I got value for the price I paid. It was great weather while we were there and the beach was not crowded. If we ever come back to Myrtle Beach, we might consider another hotel though.

Room Tip: The towers nearest the beach and the pool and café look newer and better maintained and are nearer t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. I apologize about the issues you mentioned and I appreciate you making us aware of this so that we can address it. Overall I hope you and your family enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Greensboro, NC
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had another wonderful visit at Ocean Creek. The grounds were beautiful and well-maintained. Our room was also beautiful. Our only complaint about the room was that we did not have a flat screen tv in the bedroom. One other complaint is about the lack of wash cloths. I just can't imagine a resort of this size running out of wash cloths and if you did, there was a Walmart right around the corner. I know you were probably booked to capacity being that it was Labor Day weekend but I still think their should have been adequate wash cloths because I know you knew you were going to be full and should have been prepared for this crowd. Overall, I still enjoyed my visit and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort. Thank you for letting us know about the issues with the wash clothes. We had an issue and we have since resolved it but I want to apologize for the inconvenience it caused you and your family. We hope to see you and your family the next time you come to the beach.