Message from TripAdvisor:

Ocean Creek Resort
Ranked #45 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We loved our stay and will definitely return. The grounds were great, service was awesome, and the rooms were a good value. The ocean creek itself was cool, we found starfish, sea urchins, and crabs. It was fun and with Barefoot Landing across the street there was no lack of things to do.

• Stayed: September 2013
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. Our location is one of our best assets and being so close to Barefoot Landing really gives you the best of everything. We hope you and your family will be joining us again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were not able to stay as long as our family members because of obligations so we stayed in separate accommodations. The one bedroom Lodge Villa was like having a small condo with more than enough room for up to four people to sleep and have separate privacy. Two bathrooms and a full kitchen made everything convenient and easy. We had a wonderful time, everything was clean and easy to access with the service friendly and knowledgeable. The food and amenities were perfect as was the private beach area available to guests. The environment is nature at its best and makes the perfect place for a family vacation or a couple's getaway. We would love to see more jacuzzi's available on the property and for the amenities to stay open later for use after returning from family outings but other than that it was perfect!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom lodge villas are plenty big enough with the bedroom on one end and the sleeper sofa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We appreicate your warm recommendation and we hope that you and your family will plan to stay with us again the next time you visit Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had reservations at Grand Shores for Sept 9-11-2013, I really did not like at it at all and slept in my clothes and checked it on Sat. 9-10-13 and needless to say, they did not give me my money back either. My husband and I went and looked at Ocean Creek Resort. The lady at the front desk let me look at a room before we decided to book it. It was a really nice room and much better than what we had. The only thing I didn't like about the stay was that we were quoted a lower price and then I sent my husband in to book it and pay for it and he came back with 22 extra dollars charged. They told me the rate was different because we had 6 people and I didn't see any difference rather we had 6 or 4 we were quoted 225 for that same exact room, there shouldn't been any additional charges because we had 2 more children. So I think they didn't care about customer service satisfaction. Also we requested towels like 4 times and on the 4th call we finally received towels at 11:00pm that night. Also the toilet kept running and making a loud noise which kept me up at night. Other than that I love the resort and would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Overall we are glad that you enjoyed your trip but I do want to apologize about the discrepency with the price in regards to the additional guests. I'm not able to tell your last name from the comment and without it I can not look up who checked you in so that I may have an opportunity to speak with them abou this. If you would call me or email with the information I would greatly appreciate it. My direct telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email is gm@oceancreek.com.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was prepared to leave a good review because, overall, we had a pretty good trip, until the last night of our stay. We were sitting on the bed watching TV and my boyfriend jumped because a roach was crawling on him. We left that night instead of the next morning like we were supposed to because we couldn't stand the thought of sleeping in the room again.

The location of the resort is great...really close to the beach and the grounds are nice. The lodge buildings are definitely older, but we knew that going in. We purchased a Groupon for this trip, so we got a great deal. The units are outdated, but ours was pretty clean and was sufficient for what we were looking for. We had no issues until the last night. Unfortunately, I will not be returning because of the bugs.

Room Tip: The towers looked much nicer than the lodges, but I think they are more expensive as well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keliza49

Overall it seems that you had a great stay and we feel badly that you will not return under the circumstances. There are preventative measures taken to prevent insects from ever causing an issue but unfortuantely it can still happen from time to time. I am not able to tell which unit you were in so if you would call me or email me with the room number, I will be sure to check it out to make sure that there is not an ongoing issue. My telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email is gm@oceancreek.com.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We used to stay here all the time but as this place has gotten older they obviously hire less than desirable employees to clean the rooms to compete. We had to call housekeeping and the front desk multiple times for towels. Housekeeping simply would not replace towels, just take away the dirty ones. Very frustrating after a day at the beach to come back and not be able to take a shower. The Sofa Beds are as old and the facility and need to be replaced. Ours was missing over half the springs that were holding the mattress together. Useless! Our son had to sleep on the sofa and is still suffering back pain from last weekend. Good Location for this resort, but we will not stay here again until this property has been renovated.

Room Tip: Do not count the sleeper sofa as a place to sleep. You will regret it.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize abou the issues you had both with housekeeping bringing you fresh towels and with the sofa bed issues. Unfortunately I can not tell what unit you were in and would love an opportunity to speak with you so that I can find out which room you were in so that we can address the sofa matress issue. My direct telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email address is gm@oceancreek.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Really enjoyed our visit. we stayed in lodge 1 East and it was a short walk to the ocenfront. Unit was excellent. Only problem was the AC unit was dripping into a bucket instead of a line outside. Had to empty throughout the stay to prevent overflow onto the water tank. Housekeeping was aware of the problem because they too emptied the bucket. Beac Club pool and bar are outstanding. Beach is easy to access and a perfect location at the tidal swash. we had a great weekend and are planning a family vacation in the North Tower for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort. I apologize about the issue with the air conditioner but I appreciate you letting us know so that we can address it. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is an older resort, but don't let that keep you from making a reservation. This property is lush and they take excellent care of it. The staff is always friendly, courteous and kind and we enjoy seeing them year after year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We appreciate your high recommendation and we are so glad that you enjoyed your visit with us here at Ocean Creek Resort and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.