Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersBronze level
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good place to stay.”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you are not a sun worshiper like I am, the Villas at Ocean Creek are a great place to stay. Nestled in the trees there is plenty of shade. Pools are practically in your back yard. The place is older but exceptionally clean. Plenty of room. Housekeeping came by every day and exchanged our towels. We asked them not to clean since there was only 2 of us. We had breakfast at the Four Seasons Restaurant which was very good. I especially liked the home fries.
If you like the sun they have towers on the beach, which we stayed in many years ago.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you so much not only for your recommendation but for sharing with everyone about your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed the property and the breakfast at the Four Seasons Restaurant. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Boonsboro, Maryland
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We have been staying at ocean creek for about the past 20+ years and really like the location of the resort and grounds. We normally stay in the lodges as we did again this year, lodge 4 room 2277. We arrived early and spent the day at the pool. Once in the room we found only towels in both bathrooms. I called housekeeping around 5p for washcloths and dishtowels/cloths and finally received them after 10p. Several days later I was left only 1 washcloth which I had for 2 days without any replacements. Servicing a room at 4p is to late. Not sure what is going on with the housekeeping staff but they really need to step it up. Also, the décor needs updated. The blue carpet is so dirty and should be replaced. This was also the first time we ever experienced so many bugs, not sure if your vendor has been changed. I also do some cooking while there and found no fry pan in the kitchen. I sometimes wonder why there are fake plants in the rooms as they only collect dust and then look dirty. We did enjoy the music at the beach club and wish they played longer. Again, we really like the resort and the grounds is well kept.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Overall we hope that you and your family had a great vacation. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know about the issues you had with housekeeping and the overall condition of the unit. We are in the process of inspecting the units so that we can work with the owners to replace and update different parts of their unit. We hope that you and your family will continue to visit us here at Ocean Creek as wwe appreciate you very much.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We loved our stay and will definitely return. The grounds were great, service was awesome, and the rooms were a good value. The ocean creek itself was cool, we found starfish, sea urchins, and crabs. It was fun and with Barefoot Landing across the street there was no lack of things to do.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. Our location is one of our best assets and being so close to Barefoot Landing really gives you the best of everything. We hope you and your family will be joining us again soon.

Martinsville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We were not able to stay as long as our family members because of obligations so we stayed in separate accommodations. The one bedroom Lodge Villa was like having a small condo with more than enough room for up to four people to sleep and have separate privacy. Two bathrooms and a full kitchen made everything convenient and easy. We had a wonderful time, everything was clean and easy to access with the service friendly and knowledgeable. The food and amenities were perfect as was the private beach area available to guests. The environment is nature at its best and makes the perfect place for a family vacation or a couple's getaway. We would love to see more jacuzzi's available on the property and for the amenities to stay open later for use after returning from family outings but other than that it was perfect!!

Room Tip: The one bedroom lodge villas are plenty big enough with the bedroom on one end and the sleeper sofa...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay. We appreicate your warm recommendation and we hope that you and your family will plan to stay with us again the next time you visit Myrtle Beach.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I had reservations at Grand Shores for Sept 9-11-2013, I really did not like at it at all and slept in my clothes and checked it on Sat. 9-10-13 and needless to say, they did not give me my money back either. My husband and I went and looked at Ocean Creek Resort. The lady at the front desk let me look at a room before we decided to book it. It was a really nice room and much better than what we had. The only thing I didn't like about the stay was that we were quoted a lower price and then I sent my husband in to book it and pay for it and he came back with 22 extra dollars charged. They told me the rate was different because we had 6 people and I didn't see any difference rather we had 6 or 4 we were quoted 225 for that same exact room, there shouldn't been any additional charges because we had 2 more children. So I think they didn't care about customer service satisfaction. Also we requested towels like 4 times and on the 4th call we finally received towels at 11:00pm that night. Also the toilet kept running and making a loud noise which kept me up at night. Other than that I love the resort and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Overall we are glad that you enjoyed your trip but I do want to apologize about the discrepency with the price in regards to the additional guests. I'm not able to tell your last name from the comment and without it I can not look up who checked you in so that I may have an opportunity to speak with them abou this. If you would call me or email with the information I would greatly appreciate it. My direct telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email is gm@oceancreek.com.

New Albany, Ohio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I was prepared to leave a good review because, overall, we had a pretty good trip, until the last night of our stay. We were sitting on the bed watching TV and my boyfriend jumped because a roach was crawling on him. We left that night instead of the next morning like we were supposed to because we couldn't stand the thought of sleeping in the room again.

The location of the resort is great...really close to the beach and the grounds are nice. The lodge buildings are definitely older, but we knew that going in. We purchased a Groupon for this trip, so we got a great deal. The units are outdated, but ours was pretty clean and was sufficient for what we were looking for. We had no issues until the last night. Unfortunately, I will not be returning because of the bugs.

Room Tip: The towers looked much nicer than the lodges, but I think they are more expensive as well.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keliza49
Overall it seems that you had a great stay and we feel badly that you will not return under the circumstances. There are preventative measures taken to prevent insects from ever causing an issue but unfortuantely it can still happen from time to time. I am not able to tell which unit you were in so if you would call me or email me with the room number, I will be sure to check it out to make sure that there is not an ongoing issue. My telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email is gm@oceancreek.com.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We used to stay here all the time but as this place has gotten older they obviously hire less than desirable employees to clean the rooms to compete. We had to call housekeeping and the front desk multiple times for towels. Housekeeping simply would not replace towels, just take away the dirty ones. Very frustrating after a day at the beach to come back and not be able to take a shower. The Sofa Beds are as old and the facility and need to be replaced. Ours was missing over half the springs that were holding the mattress together. Useless! Our son had to sleep on the sofa and is still suffering back pain from last weekend. Good Location for this resort, but we will not stay here again until this property has been renovated.

Room Tip: Do not count the sleeper sofa as a place to sleep. You will regret it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize abou the issues you had both with housekeeping bringing you fresh towels and with the sofa bed issues. Unfortunately I can not tell what unit you were in and would love an opportunity to speak with you so that I can find out which room you were in so that we can address the sofa matress issue. My direct telephone number is 843-361-6010 and my email address is gm@oceancreek.com. I look forward to hearing from you.