Message from TripAdvisor:

“Ocean Creek is Our Preferred Location”
Review of Ocean Creek Resort

Ocean Creek Resort
Ranked #37 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Ocean Creek is Our Preferred Location”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Stayed again at Ocean Creek for a long weekend, and was thoroughly pleased.
Our family has been staying several times every year at Ocean Creek. As of this year we have stayed in every type of accommodation that they make available.
This time was (again) a 3-Bedroom ocean-front unit in the (South) Tower, our favorite of all.
The staff is very pleasant and efficient. Each unut is independently-owned so while the floorplan of similar units is mostly the same, the decoration and amenities (like number of TVs in the unit) can vary.
There wer SIX of us, and we were perfectly comfortable and uncrowded in the 2-bath, 3-bedroom unit. A full kitchen and a washer/dryer unit made for convenience. The unit and grounds were clean and presentable. However, housekeeping completely missed us the second day, but were very prompt to return and make things right when called. However, there were some detritus left in the drawers from previous guests (underclothing, empty "personal items" box) that would have left a much better impression had they been removed before we arrived.
The resort had begun to look its age, but in the last few years it is apparent that upgrades and updates to the units and to the check-in office have been made to make the property seem more modern and up-to-date. The room sizes are larger than many of the alternative choices in Myrtle Beach, and the spacious grounds give guests a feeling of openness.
The room prices can vary greatly depending on the type of unit and time of year, but packages and specials are often available that make Ocen Creek very attractively priced.
Our most recent unit in South Tower, as well as the last one in the Garden Homes, looked new and bright, and will assure that we choose Ocean Creek nest time.

Room Tip: Lodge rooms are in woodframe buildings and tend to be a little noisier. In the towers they often ch...
1 Thank ArchAngel521
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you so much for sharing with everyone about how wonderful your stay was and your recommendation as well. We appreciate you and your family very much and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
Waxhaw, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It's a shame the resort doesn't maintain the units any better because it's a great location and the resort itself offers some great amenities. In our unit, the bed frame was bent on the pull out sofa so bad, we couldn't even fold the bed back up into the sofa and had to leave it out our entire stay. The refrigerator was so warm, we had to keep our food in coolers. The sink was clogged up and the garbage disposal didn't work. It seem to be jammed, a simple fix by a maintenance person. Two of three light bulbs were out in the bathroom and the bedroom lamps didn't work either. Once again, a simple fix. These things should be checked regularly before renting a unit. I understood that the units were "old" and not recently updated which I didn't have a problem with, but when things clearly don't work and could be fixed pretty easily tells me that they don't care about the property. The "bones" of the property was great, the location, size of the unit, amenities, cleanliness etc but I'm not sure I would stay there again unless I could see my unit first.

1 Thank Angela W
I want to apologize for the issues you and your family had during your stay. I would love an opportunity to speak with you so that I can find out what room you were in so that we can be sure to address this with our maintenance staff. If you would either email or call me I would appreciate it very much. My email address is gm@oceancreek.com and my telephone number is 843-361-6010.

Sabrina Hilliard, GM
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The.resort was very nice. TVs in bedrooms were dated and small. Everything else about the unit/resort was great. Malls were minutes away. Lots of great places to eat. Beach within eyesight of villas...AWESOME!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
We are so pleased that you and your family had a great stay. Our location truly is one of the best features as we are so close to shopping, dining and attractions in the Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach areas. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We hope you and your family will come back and stay with us again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, General Manager
Rupert, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The price of the room was good, we were there for spring break/Sports Clinic. We had six in a room, four adults and 2 teenagers, I found that the rooms needed updated with appliances and bedding. And the one room where the other two adults stayed really needs a regular size bed or queen instead of twin size beds and each bedroom should be furnished with its own TV.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori F
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your stay here during the sports clinic. I hope that everyone in your group enjoyed the clinic you were here for and we are glad that overall you had a nice stay. We appreciate the suggestions and we will see what we can do to work with the unit's homeowner about adding that amenity. We hope that you all will stay with us again soon.

Sabrina Hilliard, General Manager
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I checked in late got to the room and the door was wide open had to stand outside for 20 mins yo wait for,security to clear the room in freezing cold with kids and being six months preg finally get in room get kids changed and go to make the sofa bed and there is no sheet and poop on the blanket along with cig burns a piece of mold along with dog hair covered the fridge. It took them a hr to bring another blanket then in the morning we all went to take showers master tub has very slow drain so you were standing in dirty water and the second bathrooms hot water would not work if you were showering in other shower. Light bulb was burnt out no one came to fix it,until it was time to leave horrible place. Asked mansger for refund and she only wants to give 50 percent back and a future discount um hello i want my money back and to never stay there again

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank clenz22
Thank you for bringing to my attention the issues you had during your stay. Our guests are extremely important to us and we never intend to disappoint a guest. I would love an opportunity to speak with you further about your stay. If you would call me directly at 843-361-6010 or email me at gm@oceancreek.com I would greatly appreciate it.

Sabrina
Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the North Tower. Ocean view is what we requested but got ocean view with another condo building in front of us. Maintainence very poor from the parking garage to the elevators to the condo. Deadbolt didn't lock, remotes didn't work on the t.v.s. Terrible wi-fi. Refrigerator wouldn't get cold. Stains on carpet and bedding. Housekeeping just threw the bedding on the bed, didn't make the beds! Place smelled like cigarette smoke when they left. Will not ever stay here again and w/n recommend it. Tried to call front desk, no one ever picked up.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mary beth P
Oceancreek73, Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your concerns. I would very much appreciate talking to you further to get these issues addressed immediately. This is not the impression that we strive to put forward and I would like to address this unit and situation personally. I will discuss the housekeeping and maintenance opportunities with my department heads and would like to learn of the unit # as soon as possible to get the dead bolt fixed right away. I sincerely apologize that this was your experience with us and would truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business again. I look forward to speaking with you, any communication will be appreciated.
Hunter Thames
AGM, Ocean Creek Resort
843-272-7724 ext 1072
asstgm@oceancreek.com
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have been staying at this resort since early 1990's with daughter and now grandchildren. It is one of our favorite resorts at North Myrtle Beach. Close to ocean, shopping and restaurants. Excellent restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Lodges are short walking distance to the ocean.
1 Thank parrishwasko
Thank you so much for your continued business and for sharing your experiences with everyone. Ocean Creek is a wonderfully unique place and I am so happy you are able to enjoy it's proximity to everything in town. If you are joining us this summer we will have plenty to activities to do on property as well. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Hunter Thames