Message from TripAdvisor:

“Outstanding view in the South Tower”
Review of Ocean Creek Resort

Ocean Creek Resort
Ranked #38 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“Outstanding view in the South Tower”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked condo QQ5 in the South Tower through Petree Vacation Rentals on VRBO.com.
Our experience with Petree was good. Our payment was processed correctly and we received the entry code and parking passes in the mail.
The condo is ideally located at the end of the an outdoor corridor away from the elevator and foot traffic. It was quiet.
The condition of the condo was good. Of course, there are things that I would have cleaned better or replaced, but I think that is true of most rentals.
But, I must say, the view from the balcony is the STAR of this condo. It overlooks the small town of Briarcliff Acres, with it's beautiful homes, tidal creek and native trees. It felt very peaceful and private. Make sure to bring your binoculars!
Ocean Creek is by far, our favorite resort in the Myrtle Beach area. It is a gated resort, set back from Hwy 17. There is a natural inlet that the kids love to play and net fish in. It's just a special place. I would definitely recommend finding a south facing condo in the south tower.

Room Tip: I have not booked through the resort because I like to choose which condo I get. I use VRBO.com for...
2 Thank travlnmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Any looking for a nice vacation should not choose ocean creek resorts, north tower it was filthy, I mean really filthy the decor was outdated and at $230 a night it was a rip off. No one should have to vacation like that. I had no choice but to stay because my sons wedding was the next day and was no time to find another hotel. Don't get hood winked by the ocean view and or beach because you will have to sleep in filth. I had to go to walmart and purchase Clorox and Lysol Just to clean an area where I would not get sick. Everything was filthy, the sink in the kitchen was backed up took 4 hours to get some help. One of the sinking the bathroom backed up and if you let water out of the other sink. Please tell others don't stay there. Check out right away if you can

Room Tip: Don't go there
Green Features: The front desk personnel was rude, unprofessional, and lack concern
6 Thank Martha B
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our experience at the resort. We stayed 5 days in a studio lodge villa, as there was 3 of us. My daughter loved feeding the ducks and turtles each morning. We enjoyed the very short walk to the beach club pool and to the beach. Our room was clean, but extremely dated. There were two days in which we did not receive any bath towels from housekeeping. We were told that there was a laundry issue. We were later brought 1 bath towel for the 3 of us, so we ended up having to use previously used beach towels that we brought.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Adraper1
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is our 4th time staying at Ocean Creek over a 15 year period. Here's my honest assessment:
The Great - location - not too far from anything, and the best part about this place is it's beach - the last property before you hit private, residential Briarcliffe Acres, which means the beaches are never overcrowded, and the lay of the beach gives you plenty of room at low tide. This alone might be a good reason to stay here.
The just OK - For what you pay, it's OK. decore in most places are outdated. I'm surprised better upkeep is not required by the management company.
The Lacking - This was our first time staying here where we lacked kitchen essentials - not one bowl to mix salad, not one strainer for pasta, too few plates, etc. We had to supply or buy essentials we have never had to do that before.
We did have a serious issue with Housekeeping, but I will give kudos for management as they recovered well, about as well as could be expected. For that reason alone I will give them their due. having said that, the competition for vacation dollars is only growing down here, and Ocean Creek used to be "an incredible value and a great place" and I'd say they are in serious danger of becoming "the cheap place to stay"... For the first time in a long time, for our next trip to MB we will shop around. Hopefully some of these issues can be fixed... as the property has a lot of potential.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, you're best bet are the towers. Tennis villas and greens are next. the L...
Green Features: no signs of recycling at all, so if that's important to you, you have to sort and carry off property your recylables
4 Thank Doug S
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ocean Creek hosted our family reunion this year. The 3 stars are for the property only. The overall property is beautiful, however the front desk staff and housekeeping will taint your opinion. The front desk staff was rude, including the supervisors. As stated before we were there for a family reunion and there were about six people working the front desk. One young lady walked off from a member of my group in the middle of assisting her and never returned. There were two people who stepped up to make sure everyone in our party were checked in properly. We were advised our rooms were not available upon arrival. Housekeeping was poor, some family members complained that their sheets had not been changed. We went to the local Walmart to purchase cleaning supplies. We had to wait almost an entire day to get clean towels. The rooms need to be updated. We stayed in the lodge villas. We understood that the lodges are individually owned so the decor varies from room to room. I am on the fence whether i would stay again. If based on the property I would and if based on staff and housekeeping definitely would not.

4 Thank Kevin A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The Good---The indoor/outdoor pools are great and the beach is very accessible. Five minutes to Wal-Mart and retail shops. Some friendly staff.

The Bad---The rooms are completely outdated and not clean. We stayed in the two bedroom lodge villas and only one bedroom had a TV! That was an unfortunate surprise because most hotels and resorts have televisions in each bedroom. There was also an unpleasant odor in the kitchen.

The Ugly---We had several roach sightings in the room, as did my family member in another room. Not the typical big outdoor Palmetto bugs that South Carolina is known for, but the smaller roaches. I reported this issue to the front desk person who was not much help and had unwarranted attitude. She sent another staff member to spray bug spray, however, the roaches must be immune to this treatment because the sightings continued. **Based on this alone, I will not be returning.

Room Tip: Don't book in the Villas
Green Features: I didn't observe any environmentally-friendly practices.
5 Thank ChicTraveler9
Parma Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We keep coming back to this beautiful and unit resort. The beach is one of a kind and the amenities are outstanding. The staff is friendly and helpful and you get personal service from the time you make your reservation until checkout. The units are comfortable and we'll furnished. We have stayed in both towers multiple times and opted for a tennis villa this time. I was surprised at how much I liked these accommodations. Easy access to your car when leaving for dinner and shopping, the tram picks you up and takes you right to the beach club, along with all your beach gear and no elevators or parking garages to deal with. We also spent a night in a greens villa because we stayed an extra night and our original unit was rented. This unit had all the comfort s of home! The staff was great in accommodating this request, can't say enough about this place. Very family oriented, clean, wonderful pools, great restaurant. We would not stay anywhere else in myrtle beach!!

1 Thank tracykay