Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #52 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“We are now renting H2”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Vents stained, sliding doors railing dirty, carpet stained, TV in master old, only a TV in living room and master, not in other rooms, doesn't give you enough towels to use, beds small, hard mattress, bath tubs stained. Don't stay here. Its not worth the charge you pay!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Grandmamatoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Scott Depot, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Ocean Creek the past four years. We've always loved the location, the creek for our daughter, and the fact the beach is usually not crowded there. Our experience this year was so bad that we won't be back. Upon arrival, the front desk supervisor checked me in as the wrong person and processed the wrong person's stay on their credit card prior to their arrival. Once she corrected that, she checked us in. When we arrived at our room, we found a room that was not ready for someone to check into (dirty towels, unmade bed, etc). By the time we heard back from the front desk, the supervisor stated she shouldn't have checked us into that room and asked us to move to another room on the other side of the property (after I had already moved all of our belongings into the room).

The room we stayed in was outdated and felt dirty. The housekeeping service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. When we arrived at our new room, we noticed our shower did not have a shower curtain and we had no towels. 24 hours and two phone calls later, we finally got a shower curtain and towels. The earliest our room was ever "cleaned" was 3:30 - 4 PM, and their definition of "cleaning" was to simply take out the trash and give us new towels. On two occasions they couldn't even give us new towels because there weren't any that were clean! Our room was never swept and the maid didn't make our bed one day because their was a very small child's toy we accidentially left on the bed. At one point in our stay, we had to take our daughter to Urgent Care because she cut her head in the pool. As we're leaving our room with a bleeding, crying child, our maid shows up and asks, "What kind of service do you want?" Our reply was "Everything!". I was dumbfounded that you even had to specify the type of service you wanted. Of course, when we returned, the only things she had done was taken out the trash and replaced our towels. We didn't want to be in our room any longer than absolutely necessary. It just felt like housekeeping was understaffed or undermotivated.

My mother and father-in law also stayed at Ocean Creek the same time we did. About a month before arrival, my mother-in law called and requested to change their reservation from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. The Ocean Creek representative changed her reservation but told her she could not change the price, so she got a one bedroom for the price of a two bedroom! Quality customer service at its best lol!

In summary, my wife and I have loved staying at Ocean Creek. We've encouraged family and friends to stay there when visiting Myrtle Beach as well. After our experience this year, it will be hard for us to consider returning next year. The beach and pool areas were great, but the service we received from the rest of the staff was unacceptable given the competition in the area.

Room Tip: We've never stayed in the Towers, so I'm not sure if they've experienced the same terrib...
7 Thank Jerry S
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked condo QQ5 in the South Tower through Petree Vacation Rentals on VRBO.com.
Our experience with Petree was good. Our payment was processed correctly and we received the entry code and parking passes in the mail.
The condo is ideally located at the end of the an outdoor corridor away from the elevator and foot traffic. It was quiet.
The condition of the condo was good. Of course, there are things that I would have cleaned better or replaced, but I think that is true of most rentals.
But, I must say, the view from the balcony is the STAR of this condo. It overlooks the small town of Briarcliff Acres, with it's beautiful homes, tidal creek and native trees. It felt very peaceful and private. Make sure to bring your binoculars!
Ocean Creek is by far, our favorite resort in the Myrtle Beach area. It is a gated resort, set back from Hwy 17. There is a natural inlet that the kids love to play and net fish in. It's just a special place. I would definitely recommend finding a south facing condo in the south tower.

Room Tip: I have not booked through the resort because I like to choose which condo I get. I use VRBO.com for...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travlnmom
Sumter, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Any looking for a nice vacation should not choose ocean creek resorts, north tower it was filthy, I mean really filthy the decor was outdated and at $230 a night it was a rip off. No one should have to vacation like that. I had no choice but to stay because my sons wedding was the next day and was no time to find another hotel. Don't get hood winked by the ocean view and or beach because you will have to sleep in filth. I had to go to walmart and purchase Clorox and Lysol Just to clean an area where I would not get sick. Everything was filthy, the sink in the kitchen was backed up took 4 hours to get some help. One of the sinking the bathroom backed up and if you let water out of the other sink. Please tell others don't stay there. Check out right away if you can

Room Tip: Don't go there
Green Features: The front desk personnel was rude, unprofessional, and lack concern
6 Thank Martha B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I enjoyed our experience at the resort. We stayed 5 days in a studio lodge villa, as there was 3 of us. My daughter loved feeding the ducks and turtles each morning. We enjoyed the very short walk to the beach club pool and to the beach. Our room was clean, but extremely dated. There were two days in which we did not receive any bath towels from housekeeping. We were told that there was a laundry issue. We were later brought 1 bath towel for the 3 of us, so we ended up having to use previously used beach towels that we brought.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Adraper1
Berryville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is our 4th time staying at Ocean Creek over a 15 year period. Here's my honest assessment:
The Great - location - not too far from anything, and the best part about this place is it's beach - the last property before you hit private, residential Briarcliffe Acres, which means the beaches are never overcrowded, and the lay of the beach gives you plenty of room at low tide. This alone might be a good reason to stay here.
The just OK - For what you pay, it's OK. decore in most places are outdated. I'm surprised better upkeep is not required by the management company.
The Lacking - This was our first time staying here where we lacked kitchen essentials - not one bowl to mix salad, not one strainer for pasta, too few plates, etc. We had to supply or buy essentials we have never had to do that before.
We did have a serious issue with Housekeeping, but I will give kudos for management as they recovered well, about as well as could be expected. For that reason alone I will give them their due. having said that, the competition for vacation dollars is only growing down here, and Ocean Creek used to be "an incredible value and a great place" and I'd say they are in serious danger of becoming "the cheap place to stay"... For the first time in a long time, for our next trip to MB we will shop around. Hopefully some of these issues can be fixed... as the property has a lot of potential.

Room Tip: if you can afford it, you're best bet are the towers. Tennis villas and greens are next. the L...
Green Features: no signs of recycling at all, so if that's important to you, you have to sort and carry off property your recylables
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Doug S
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Ocean Creek hosted our family reunion this year. The 3 stars are for the property only. The overall property is beautiful, however the front desk staff and housekeeping will taint your opinion. The front desk staff was rude, including the supervisors. As stated before we were there for a family reunion and there were about six people working the front desk. One young lady walked off from a member of my group in the middle of assisting her and never returned. There were two people who stepped up to make sure everyone in our party were checked in properly. We were advised our rooms were not available upon arrival. Housekeeping was poor, some family members complained that their sheets had not been changed. We went to the local Walmart to purchase cleaning supplies. We had to wait almost an entire day to get clean towels. The rooms need to be updated. We stayed in the lodge villas. We understood that the lodges are individually owned so the decor varies from room to room. I am on the fence whether i would stay again. If based on the property I would and if based on staff and housekeeping definitely would not.

4 Thank Kevin A