Message from TripAdvisor:

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dacula
“Fantastic Vacation!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Once again, Cheryl at Paradise Found LLC helped us find a great condo at Ocean Creek. Unit F-10 had everything we could ask for and more. The new updates were fantastic and fresh! As always, the views from the deep balcony were spectacular - LOVED the chaise loungers!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Christine D
Oceancreek73, General Manager at Ocean Creek Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at Ocean Creek. We hope you and your family had a fantastic time in Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. If in the future Paradise Found does not have any availability, please keep us in mind as we would love to have you stay with us.

Sabrina D. Hilliard, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I stayed with my family at Ocean Creek Resort, North Tower, which is right on the ocean. The resort is huge and outdated, but has potential.

Tip: Each unit is individually owned! (Very important to remember)

Most people, or at least me, think of a resort as having beach umbrellas, towels and servers taking drink orders at the pool or beach. This is not the case. You must bring and do all of this.

You must bring your own beach towels and have an umbrella, because there is no place to escape the sun for some relief. They provide nothing.... just the location. If you want it, bring it.

They do have a snack stand, which has a limited food menu and mixed drinks, near the pool and beach, but one person taking orders and one person cooking. So its not the fastest thing you'll do, plan ahead.

That being said, the resort's location is excellent. Right on the water and in an great locating to restaurants and entertainment. Barefoot, which is right across the street, is a great place for shopping and dining. You need a car, don't even think about not having one!

Now for the rooms....

Renter beware. We had a room that was straight out of 1980's. TV's were 19" old box ones and the furnishing were also from that era. Bed mattresses were also old and uncomfortable. Lights didn't work and my alarm clock had a cassette player!

I called the front desk and were told the units were owned by individuals and they could not help in this regard, but were wiling to fix anything that wouldn't work. The lights and ceiling fan were never fixed, but I really didn't care.

That being said, we had a fun vacation. We are very easy going and won't let the room ruin our vacation, but if you are truly looking for a "Resort" and paying resort prices, this really isn't the place. I would not stay here again.

Visited July 2014

Room Tip: Room are individually owned, its a guess on what you will get and once you have it, you are stuck! B...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share with everyone about your experience. I would love to touch base with you to find out specifically which room you stayed in. If you would email me gm@oceancreek.com or call me directly at 843-361-6010 I would appreciate it very much. Overall I'm that you enjoyed the property and location and I hope you and your family enjoyed Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. We hope you and your family might consider us again in the future.

Pittsburg PA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Condos at Ocean Creek are individually owned and owners are able to update and decorate their condos as they choose. When you call the resort itself to book your condo you are not able to look at pictures and choose a condo....if you stayed in a nice one the year before you can't even call the following year and request a particular condo. You simply state how many bedrooms and baths you want and they assign a condo to you. That right there should tell you something about booking through the resort. Every review I've read has the same complaints....rooms are dirty, not updated, staff is not helpful etc. There is a rental agency we book through every year....they manage only condos in the Ocean Creek resort.....the name is The Towers At Ocean Creek. They have a website at oceancreek.net (.com is the resort website) the number is 800-345-5617 their agency is located just a mile down the street so they are close if anything goes wrong. You can look at pictures on their site and choose your condo. There are many very beautiful updated condos in this resort and the location and ammenities are great.

Room Tip: Don't book through the resort.....you are not able to choose your condo. Stay in the ocean front...
Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Mississippigirl73
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Ocean Creek. I know you stayed through another company and I am glad that everything worked out perfectly for you. The onsite company is a great way to stay too. We offer daily housekeeping, onsite maintenance, a 24 hour front desk, a VMB VIP card that can be used at local area attractions and restaurants and abilities to charge things to your room from the restaurant and Beach Club. All of the units we rent are condo units and if you request a particular room we would work extremely hard to accommodate that. In the future if the Towers at Ocean Creek does not have availability we would be happy to help you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been staying at Ocean Creek on and off over the years since 1986 and this was the worst vacation ever! Our room was musty and moldy smelling and damp. I don't think anyone had stayed in that unit for a long time. I called everyday about the smell and housekeeping would come and spray but it didn't help so I finally had to get my own deodorizer to use, which I used several times a day. Our kitchen floor was sticky when we got there so it hadn't been cleaned obviously. Several lights were burned out and a few of the kitchen appliances were broken. Our room wasn't cleaned the whole time we were there. I had to ask for the sweeper to be run after day 8 (we were there for 10). The girl cleaning the room didn't understand English and tried to give me a broom. I told her I wanted her to run the sweeper and used hand motions so she could understand. She ran the sweeper in the living room only and wasn't very happy about doing it. We had to ask for just about everything we wanted done. We would come up from the beach/pool about 5 and find that the room hadn't been serviced at all. One day I had to call to get them to come and service our room. When they came they took the garbage in the kitchen and left all the rest. We had to get it together and take it to the dumpster ourselves. They brought 3 towels and laid them on the chair in the living room, no wash cloths or kitchen towels and left all the dirty towels in the bathroom. I had to call 3 or 4 times before we got it straightened out. One day we didn't have any toilet paper. It took several hours before we got some. It was suggested we stop by the front desk to get it. I said no because we were going out and were walking. We love the location of Ocean Creek but you should not have to ask for everything you need, it should be there. That is their job. Just poor management if you ask me. I felt like the room was very dirty. I didn't walk anywhere in the unit without my shoes on. When we got home I had to wash everything we brought as it was all moldy smelling!! I will think long and hard before I ever stay there again. I will be looking for a new place to stay. What a shame for such a nice place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Alana P
I am so sorry for the issues you and your family experienced during your stay with us. We appreciate the information and I assure that we take these comments seriously so that we can correct the issues and work hard to prevent them from occurring again in the future. If you would reconsider and stay with us again I would love to help book your reservations with you personally. My email address is gm@oceancreek.com and my telephone number is 843-361-6010.

Rock Hill, SC
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My husband and I decided to spend 5 days and 4 nights at Ocean Creek Resort after taking advantage of the summer manager's special. We've been visiting Ocean Creek for the past 5 years or so and each time, we've had a great visit. Our most recent stay was in the Lodge Villa 2 East in room 2448. The unit was clean, but it really needed some updating. Housekeeping came each morning around 10:30 in the morning, while we didn't need any cleaning, we only requested clean towels. The check in process was really easy and the staff was very friendly. We enjoyed the beach and also the inlet leading from the ocean. While I never had a bad experience at this resort, I can only suggest to request an updated unit when you make your reservations.

Room Tip: Request an updated unit when you make your reservations.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank babygirleternal
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Vents stained, sliding doors railing dirty, carpet stained, TV in master old, only a TV in living room and master, not in other rooms, doesn't give you enough towels to use, beds small, hard mattress, bath tubs stained. Don't stay here. Its not worth the charge you pay!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Grandmamatoni
Scott Depot, West Virginia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I have stayed at Ocean Creek the past four years. We've always loved the location, the creek for our daughter, and the fact the beach is usually not crowded there. Our experience this year was so bad that we won't be back. Upon arrival, the front desk supervisor checked me in as the wrong person and processed the wrong person's stay on their credit card prior to their arrival. Once she corrected that, she checked us in. When we arrived at our room, we found a room that was not ready for someone to check into (dirty towels, unmade bed, etc). By the time we heard back from the front desk, the supervisor stated she shouldn't have checked us into that room and asked us to move to another room on the other side of the property (after I had already moved all of our belongings into the room).

The room we stayed in was outdated and felt dirty. The housekeeping service was some of the worst I've ever experienced. When we arrived at our new room, we noticed our shower did not have a shower curtain and we had no towels. 24 hours and two phone calls later, we finally got a shower curtain and towels. The earliest our room was ever "cleaned" was 3:30 - 4 PM, and their definition of "cleaning" was to simply take out the trash and give us new towels. On two occasions they couldn't even give us new towels because there weren't any that were clean! Our room was never swept and the maid didn't make our bed one day because their was a very small child's toy we accidentially left on the bed. At one point in our stay, we had to take our daughter to Urgent Care because she cut her head in the pool. As we're leaving our room with a bleeding, crying child, our maid shows up and asks, "What kind of service do you want?" Our reply was "Everything!". I was dumbfounded that you even had to specify the type of service you wanted. Of course, when we returned, the only things she had done was taken out the trash and replaced our towels. We didn't want to be in our room any longer than absolutely necessary. It just felt like housekeeping was understaffed or undermotivated.

My mother and father-in law also stayed at Ocean Creek the same time we did. About a month before arrival, my mother-in law called and requested to change their reservation from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. The Ocean Creek representative changed her reservation but told her she could not change the price, so she got a one bedroom for the price of a two bedroom! Quality customer service at its best lol!

In summary, my wife and I have loved staying at Ocean Creek. We've encouraged family and friends to stay there when visiting Myrtle Beach as well. After our experience this year, it will be hard for us to consider returning next year. The beach and pool areas were great, but the service we received from the rest of the staff was unacceptable given the competition in the area.

Room Tip: We've never stayed in the Towers, so I'm not sure if they've experienced the same terrib...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family