Beach Colony Resort
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$234
US$203
US$105
US$236
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
US$288
US$253
US$238
US$202
2,227 results
All reviewslazy riverocean frontparking deckbreakfast buffetliving roomhot tubkiddie poolseveral yearsgreat vacationtrip to myrtle beachfull kitchenthe past yearsfamily vacationgreat resortwasher and dryeroff seasonfreddie
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We booked months in advance based off reviews on trip advisor. For the amenities and price we figured it would be a good place to stay. We got there early and our room wasn't ready. They said they would call when it was. They called at 3 which is the regulate check in time. Our room was ok until the first nite when the roaches came out to play. I immediately went to the front desk and the guy told me they were not roaches but bush that live in the sand dunes and comes in when it rains, so I took him at his word. The second nite we came back to our room and one was crawling into my friends suitcase. I immediately went to the front desk again and demanded a new room. He told me there was only one available on a lower floor. We checked it out before we agreed to move. It was much nicer than the one we were in and cleaner and free of roaches. We barely had our ocean view anymore because our new room was in the front of the hotel. The only thing that made this good is we were able to see the fireworks at Broadway at the beach. The lazy river is tiny and small and the two small pools were ok. We wished we had stayed next door as they had way more amenities for the kids. The elevators are ridiculously slow. We often had to go up just to come down and one elevator went out completely and wasn't fixed until the next day. The pool doesn't close until 11 but the bar closes at 8!!! Don't stay on north myrtle beach unless you have a car because the public transportation stops at 5pm. Overall the kids did have fun cuz it's not hard to entertain them but the adults definitely will look for a better place to stay IF we decide to come back to MB.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Jamila W
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Jamila W,

I'm sorry that your first experience was not everything that we hoped we could provide for you. Palmetto bugs are difficult to avoid because they fly in from the outside even with the regular pest control services that we receive on property. Nature can be tricky but I assure that every situation is handled immediately. I agree that the north end has it's perks but if you are looking to be walking distance from all the activities in the area we are just a bit too far for that. I hope that you and your family have a wonderful summer and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

nhadad@beachcolony.com

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in a one bedroom oceanfront condo. Great 3rd floor view of ocean and pool. great djs every day from 4-8 pm poolside.Beds were ok they were a little springy. Liked the attached garage to the hotel. Easy to move stuff in and out. medium SUV"s fit fine on the upper levels of the garage.Check in was slow almost 30 min. They take their time dont know why.We had great maid service just talk to them when you see them in the hallways, they like conversation and they will treat you better.We had all the stuff we needed in the kitchen. They even provided the dish soap.Safe in room was nice too . This hotel is more North the boardwalk and the skywheel is more south. All the action is down by the skywheel. Lots of younger kids downthere. Beach colony was a good solid quiet place for our family and safe area too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Marie S
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Marie S,

Thank you sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that we were able to make your vacation worthwhile. With live entertainment, family friendly amenities, and a safe environment we try to provide everything you need for a great time. We hope to see you again soon and hope that you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

June 28, 2014 - July 3, 2014 - We were on the 11th floor and had a Magnificent side view of the ocean. The restaurant was a little small but, we really enjoyed the breakfast, not much of a selection, but the food was really good. Loved the Lazy River and indoor/outdoor pools and the short walk to the beach.

Only had a few complaints: 1. Elevators were extremely slow, which meant when it did finally arrive on your floor, it was crowded and you had to wait for another one. Even the employees used these elevators, which it seems like they should have had a service elevator, because their equipment took up most of the space. 2. Parking garage was horrible, it was only enough room for one car at a time on ramps, which was really dangerous, if you were coming down a ramp and another vehicle was approaching, they would have to back up, squeeze to the side and let you get pass. 3. One day the housekeep came and took all of the towels and did not replace them and when we called to ask for more they said they were in the laundry, now you mean to tell me a big family resort, did not have enough towels to go around? Well that must have been some laundry cause we didn't get more until the next day. 4. Here's the kicker - we had roaches and the microwave had rust in it! They did send someone up to spray for the roaches, but they did not even attempt to replace the microwave. I expected more of this resort, especially since it was not a cheap price. Will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Choose another resort

Dear NeisyD,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Beach Colony Resort. If I may, I would like to assure you that our properties receive routine pest control services and that it is difficult to guard against pests that fly in. However we do our best to take care of those as well as you experienced. While the laundry issue was unacceptable, I can say that it is not a common occurrence. With each of our units being individually owned certain replacements can only be done with owner approval; I am sorry that we were unable to get this approval for the microwave during your stay. We hope you give us another opportunity to impress and wish you all a fantastic summer.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This resort if great for families! The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Besides the great beach access, the resort has 2 pools, 1 kiddie pool, a lazy river, and a hot tub. It also has a indoor pool. It has a kids arcade, but I gave my kids $20 and they came back with $15 because the games we're "outdated and boring", so I think that may need some updating. The 2 bedroom suite has a washer and dryer, but there is also on-site coin laundry if your room doesn't have a washer and dryer. I've stayed here 3 times so far, and will keep going back. The best thing is the fully stocked kitchens. You can save a lot of money by making a few meals! The only bad thing about this resort is the parking garage. Although it has about 6 levels, its pretty tight and often times you have to move out of the way so other drivers can pass, but it your not planning on coming and going too much its ok.

Room Tip: Book a ocean front room - it's breathtaking to watch the sunrise on your balcony!
1  Thank SSchirripa

Dear SSchirripia,

Thank you for your continued patronage and for taking the time to share your most recent experience. We can't tell you how much we appreciate your support and hope that we have the opportunity to host you and yours for many years to come.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

When looking for a hotel you will always find mixed reviews. So this is my experience. The parking is very tight. If you have a vehicle like we do you can only park on the bottom, which was good, but a very tight fit. Elevators were a little slow but wasn't a big deal. Always had to ask at front desk for wash cloths because the maid always said she was out. But all in all it wasn't a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on 20th floor, way to high.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Nicole H, Guest Service Supervisor at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Jana C,

Thanks for posting this helpful review of your experience with us. I'm glad that overall you were able to enjoy your first trip to Myrtle Beach. We hope we have the opportunity to host you and yours again soon.