Message from TripAdvisor:

Beach Colony Resort
Ranked #26 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 September 2014

we have stayed here several times over the last few years and have never been disappointed. if you like the hustle of downtown Myrtle Beach then this hotel is not for you. It is on the northern edge of Myrtle Beach and is very quiet. The beaches are not overly crowded and are kept very clean.

Room Tip: the rooms on the northern side of the hotel are only oceanview, no balconies. The southern side ocea...
4 Thank Kevin M
Nicole H, Manager at Beach Colony Resort, responded to this review, 27 September 2014
Dear Kevin M,

Thank you for sharing some great tips with some of our perspective guests. I have to agree that our location is perfect for a very peaceful, relaxing vacation but just close enough that you can still enjoy the many attractions across the beach. We appreciate your continued support and patronage and hope to host you and yours again soon.

Nicole Hadad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

I absolutely loved the room. There is no traffic where the hotel sits. The only thing that I did not like was the elevators and parking deck. The elevators were scary and the parking deck was structured poorly. Other than that, my stay was fabulous.

• Stayed September 2014
1 Thank LaToya R
Dear LaToya R,

Thank you for writing to us; we are so happy that you loved your trip to the beach. We loved having you and hope to see you and yours again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

I have to be honest....I was a little skeptical about this place after some of the negative reviews. I think some people must just find the bad in everything. My family of 4 couldn't have had a better trip. We stayed in the queen efficiency ocean front suite (1903) and it was a nice room. We never had housekeeping come by the 3 nights we were there though we did get some fresh towels from the front desk. We were there Labor Day weekend and the only time we had to wait on anything was the Monday we checked out when everyone else was trying to check out. If mass amounts of people are on vacation during the summer you have to realize that...it's like anything else in life....the more people there are at a place the more you have to wait and be patient.

The only negative I could add is that we did have an oversized vehicle so parking was very limited BUT we did ask the front desk for help and they sent someone out to help us with a spot.

Overall...Room was great....staff was great...pools were great. I would definately stay here again!

Dear Sarah H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We are very happy to see that everything went great and that you had a fantastic stay with us. We appreciate your understanding that with many people comes a bit of wait so that we can provide every customer with the best experience possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon and wish you a great fall season.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Was at this resort for 3 nts. Staff very helpful. The room that we stayed in was outdated, carpeting stained not enough room for three people. Otherwise very enjoyable but will request a room with balcony the next time.

Room Tip: Make sure room has balcony
Dear Buttons1953,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us. I apologize that the room you received was not quite the caliber you were expecting but I encourage you to come back and check out the many renovations that our owners are doing with their units. The views from the balcony are well worth the upgrade and may may provide more space for the family to stretch out and relax. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

My family stayed in a 2br ocean view from Aug. 24 to Aug.30 and had a wonderful time. Yes the parking garage is tight and the elevators at times can be slow but it wasn't enough to make me not want to come back. Our room was clean and bug free!! We loved the lazy river, the dj(glow party), the hula show and the ice cream. Never tried the breakfast because we ate mostly in our room. We drove a mini van and drove all the way up to the 6th floor to park and had plenty of room, if you are concerned about parking being tight I would recommend you drive up to 6th floor. We did encounter a problem at check in but the manager fixed it and she was very friendly to my husband and I. The front desk is very overwhelmed at check in time so I was very patient. We never encountered any employees that were rude or unfriendly. Over all I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ocean view has a large balcony and if you are afraid of heights these rooms only go to the 12th floo...
1 Thank Joann W
Dear JoannW,

I am so glad to hear that you had a nice time here with us at Beach Colony and appreciate you taking the time to post this review. It's great that you were able to take advantage of our many activities and amenities. I hope that you choose us again for your next trip to the Myrtle Beach area.

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We loved the location, the beach, and the groupon price. We always spend more on activities than a room. We stayed in a two bedroom. However, this property is really dated, the sheets were dirty, the toilet was rocking on its base, dryer didn't work, and horrible paint job. The tvs in the bedroom were very small old fashioned dinosaurs and cooking utensils were rusty. We called front desk and they didn't answer. No extra blankets or bedding. The whole place just looked and felt cheap. The parking garage is very, very tight so even a mid size SUV barely makes the clearance. One of the housekeepers let me see a four bedroom and it looked beautiful. We won't be back!

Room Tip: Choose four bedroom-two bedrooms horrible.
Green Features: Non existent washing machine 100 years old, rusty and held a handful of clothes.
2 Thank OceanMom2014
Dear OceanMom2014,

I am sorry to hear that you won't be back and only can hope that you will reconsider. Our rooms and property will be receiving some of the much needed updates that you have described and I hope that you come see them. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us because every comment allows us to take more steps towards improvement.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Look everyone has an opinion and I respect that however it is simply not ALL true. Stayed the last week of August in an oceanfront 3 bedroom condo (1708) it was wonderful. Here is what I don't understand. Check in was 15 minutes. Waited for an elevator the whole time less than 1 minute.
Maid service everyday with multiple size towels for both bathrooms, beds made everyday and fresh coffee maker pack and dishwashing detergent . Every appliance worked and had everything you would need on a vacation, remember you are on vacation.
I was going to cancel this reservation after reading these reviews and I am so glad I didn't.
Pools where great, lazy river everyday was very relaxing and the beach was amazing.
Afternoon cocktails at the bar and Dee jay by the pool was fun. This resort is worth checking out an by the way I drive a 2014 Cadillac which was fine in the garage just take your time you are on vacation.

Room Tip: 17th floor beach view perfect
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank nwilliams01
Dear nwilliams01,

I am so happy that you chose to keep your reservation and had the vacation experience that you were hoping for. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us and look forward to hosting you and yours again for another awesome trip to the beach.