Message from TripAdvisor:

“Unhappy This Time....”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #40 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 2 January 2014

First of all, I need to say that I've stayed here since my son was small and he's now 24. I've recommended it numerous times over the years. This time I was unhappy from the time that I got there to the time that I left. We've had a rough year financially due to some very unexpected medical expenses with my middle child. We always go on vacation as a family with our 2 children at Christmas but this year our kids wanted to stay home and let us celebrate our anniversary on New Year's Eve. I've called many times and booked last minute trips on the way there, held the room with my card and paid cash at the desk and I've also booked ahead. This time I booked ahead and paid one night in advance by debit card. When I got there I wanted to pay the balance in cash. I was told that I had to put up $100 cash security deposit as I was paying with cash. I asked since I had paid with debit for one night did that not count....she said I should.ve read my email. I did, but I didn't see where it stated that I had to pay a certain percentage by debit card or pay cash security deposit. I explained that I'd only brought cash for this trip and it would put me in a bind. All she said was I should've read my email better and very rudely giggled and said the Marriott charges $200.00 security deposit so I'd better not go there. I thought that was very inappropriate. Anyway, with some help from my son I got this taken care of. Our room was one I'd never stayed in before. I asked for as high up as possible, I've never stayed below the 10th. This was on the 8th.The room smelled like trash, the windows were filthy, the fridge was rusty, the couch was uncomfortable and the only chair to sit in was an old, hard motel chair. The room just needs major updating to fix the ceiling, bathtub, broke doors, etc. Whoever stayed in the room before had long gray hair because my husband and I kept getting it off of our clothes and we also found a couple of pills in the floor that said Q45. Just not happy this trip!! The view was nice, the bed was so comfortable, it was very quiet and every member of the house keeping staff that was saw was so, so friendly. They could actually teach the lady at the desk a little something. I've always enjoyed Forest Dunes and will stay again, just not it this room and hopefully will be greeted by a much nicer person at the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joon0304
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your review. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by the unfortunate less than standard experience you had during your visit. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and in your case we performed at an unacceptable level.

Please be assured that appropriate steps are being taken to correct the problem areas you noted. We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at Forest Dunes Resort.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we are thankful that you intend to make future visit to Forest Dunes Resort. We are confident you will find our standard of quality to be excellent and our accommodations superior.

Comments and feedback such as yours are painful to hear, but vital to our continued success and improvement as a resort. Through these hard knocks, we have an opportunity to grow and become better … and for that, we thank you.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Everytime we travel to Myrtle Beach our ideal hotel of choice is Forest Dunes. We always have great service, clean room and a beautiful view. It is just far enough from the "main strip" of Myrtle Beach that it is quaint but also close to main attractions.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Miranda A
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes for another visit. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoy it here. We really appreciate you and already look forward seeing you again. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My wife & I went there for a three day get-a-way. We had stayed at the property three years ago; however, I had rented directly from one of the individual condo owners. We enjoyed the first trip, which was a big reason for us returning this time. This time we rented from Forest Dunes. The staff were extraordinary, friendly and very helpful. GREAT VALUE. We got a king suite with the panoramic view, king bed and two balconies (one private). The carpet was brand new and they were making renovations when we stayed there. I cannot say enough about Forest Dunes ............... WE WILL BE RETURNING SOON!

Room Tip: We have had a two bed room and now a king bed w/ oceanfront panoramic view. You can't go wrong h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank timtnt100
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes for a second visit and for sharing your "Excellent Time" and experience renting through the on site rental agency for your second visit. We are happy to hear how our "staff were extraordinary, friendly and very helpful." We really appreciate you and look forward to seeing you soon for a third visit. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

My second visit was an overnight with me and my honey. It was fall and cool but romantic. the view from 1106 was amazing My first visit was in 2012 for four nights and I loved it all especially the price. The unit was beautiful. I have and will continue to recommend this resort to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vicwe
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes for a second visit. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoy it here and we thank you for recommending us to your friends. We really appreciate you and already look forward seeing you for a third visit. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is the most pleasant place to stay we always have a great time,we were there for 4 days this time for te quality and price our condo was great and next yr this time we will hopefully have the same place as this yr..Thankjs for helping us so much Bill we will be bk next yr same time and same place.You couldn't ask for a nicer place to stay,inside pool,rest.elevator..

Room Tip: This place we stay at all time the only thing was that our maid did not pick up our wet dirty towels...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bonita C
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoy it here. We really appreciate you and already look forward to seeing you again. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We have been staying at the Forest Dunes for over 15 years. We are often asked by friends "why Myrtle Beach". Forest Dunes is the reason why. We appreciate the size of unit, the quiet location, beautiful beach, reasonable rates and the EXCELLENT staff. For us it is like returning home each fall.
The front desk staff Bill and Deena are amazing and our time is more enjoyable because of the service they provide and the interactions we have with them.
All staff are friendly, courteous and any problems are addressed very quickly. The building and grounds are maintained and continually upgraded.
The big misconception with the Forest Dunes is the brochure showing the street directly in front of the resort making it appear farther away than it really is. We enjoy an ocean view unit and sitting on the couch I have a perfect view of the ocean. For individuals enjoying the outdoor space the balconies are huge compared to other resorts in the area.
Forest Dunes is the place to stay and we look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: For a perfect view of the ocean choose a room higher than the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cameron B
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes for over 15 years now. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoy the property and our excellent staff, especially Deena and Bill at our front desk. We all appreciate you and already look forward to seeing you again. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome. We stayed for a week. Very friendly staff. And the place is very clean. Just walk across the street and your at the beach. This place also has a inside pool and a out side pull, lazy river and a hot tub we used a lot. This is also a non smoking place which we like. If your looking for a place to stay I would tell anybody to stay here

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Debby P
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and already look forward to seeing you again. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!