“Another wonderful long weekend spent at Forest Dunes !”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #49 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 7 April 2014

From the moment we were greeted at the front desk, we were treated like we were truly a valued customer ! Everyone we encountered was always smiling and friendly ! We have stayed at quite a few places over the years, but when your looking for a squeaky clean, quiet, convenient location that feels like home when you walk in the door, this is it !! This is without a doubt THE place to get the most for your money !

Room Tip: If you want a great view down the beach towards the Sky Wheel, the higher floors with an ocean view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank oceanwaves1999
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here and how you had "another wonderful long weekend spent at Forest Dunes." We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Nice private condos with great view of the ocean. Room was clean and the staff were very friendly. Only complaint I have is the bedroom TV didn't have any channels or a dvd player. We came for the weekend on our honeymoon and wish we could stay longer. Even though we just had a 1 BR, the condo was a great size.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank sydneytice
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is my first time to Forest Dunes and I love the ocean view. I stayed on the 15th floor, the ocean view is just breathtaking. Never in my life I would get the chance to see the ocean. The room is clean and service is great. The staff are nice and friendly. The only thing that make this trip even better is if there was bigger pot and non-sticking pan. This trip is too short, wish I could stay longer. Also, I was excited that I get to keep one on the room key for souvenir :)
I would definitely come back for vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Serena L
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Bettie, thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how you had an "awesome experience" at Forest Dunes. We really appreciate you and miss you already - we definately look forward to your next visit. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Everyone knew my name. The office staff made it a point to know my name and were always friendly and helpful. I felt very special. The rooms have wonderful views of the ocean. One thing I especially liked is the door to the condo led into a hall from the outside not into the bedroom, no dreary hotel hallways . There is a full well equipped kitchen I had an ocean view from the bedroom and living room. The pools, hot tub and lazy river were well maintained and lovely to use. I liked being in a residential area. My stay was an awesome experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Bettie K

Reviewed 31 March 2014

First let me state that I love forest dunes!!!! For a cheap price I got a room that had a beautiful view of the ocean and other hotels!! I stayed on the 18th floor and I loved it!!!! My room had everything ready for us, including dishes, a blender, toaster oven, beach umbrellas, etc. basically everything I needed was there! The only problem I had was it was cold when I went during march, but the resort always had the pool open. In fact during those cold days they made the lazy river and hot tub an indoor pool. I loved the staff. They were nice and friendly and very helpful! I also loved the fact it was right across the street from the beach!!!!! It was also close to all the attractions!! I LOVE forest dunes and advise anyone that is looking for a 5 star resort for a cheap price, forest dunes is the way to go!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank BlueBunnieBoo
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is the best value on the beach. I stayed here intially my very first time to Myrtle Beach in 2002 and have tried numerous other hotels on the beach mainly due to a better location for my then teenagers to get around without having to drive them uptown. My kids are now grown so this is where I come back to year after year. I have no idea what happened with the vbren's experience I have not seen one shabby room in Forest Dunes. Granted the ocean front panoramic rooms are not as nice as the Oceanview but they are by no means shabby. I always request one of their best rooms when I go.

Room Tip: Request one of the best rooms they have. Some are individually owned and thus have been updated rea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia1989

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here, especially as a long term repeat guest. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stayed at this resort to be close to my inlaws who stay here for a month every year. View from our room was great, but the room left a bit to be desired: cabinetry is old and banged up, walls are covered in 80s wallpaper, there were holes and bleach stains on the comforter, etc. I also would have liked a better selection of kitchen utensils: ie. I made soup for lunch and there was no spoon or ladle to serve it with (only cooking-sized spoon was slotted).

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank vbren
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thanks for your comments about your recent stay. Sounds like this was your first experience with Forest Dunes. We are very sorry we were not aware of your desire for a better condo as we would have enjoyed showing you some other options among all we have to offer our guests. We realize our guests have different tastes and needs so we are always happy to serve by helping them find a better condo if they are not happy with the condo they receive upon arrival. Please note many condos already have new cabinets and are nicely painted instead of wallpaper. Also, most kitchens are nicely equipped with all the utensils you need - if we miss something we are happy to provide it. We are also happy to say the condo you stayed in will probably be renovated soon as we are continually maintaining and updating our rental condos. Most of all, we really appreciate you and hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. We wish you the best - have a great year!