“Another great stay!!”

Forest Dunes Resort
Ranked #43 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Love the location and the resort. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. We have stayed at Forest Dunes on numerous occasions and have not been disappointed. We booked our visit during Atlantic Beach bike week - we were alerted to the fact that it was Bike Week when we made the reservation. I did not realize that the motorcyclists do not sleep and ride up and down the streets for most of the night. Not the fault of Forest Dunes though - I was warned. So just book your stay other than a bike week.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view. Avoid both Myrtle Beach bike week and Atlantic Beach bike week.
2  Thank Meblinker
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here in room 1005 on 5/19-5/21 for relaxation for my birthday. I loved hearing the ocean and feeling the breeze in my condo. There was little to no noise for the 1st couple of days, the entering of the motorcycles were the noisiest part of the stay:/ I did not realize I had arrived when one bike week ended and another was about to begin, that was my fault. I am terribly afraid of heights and had a room on the 10th floor where you have to access them from outside (SCARY). I'll have to keep in mind next time to get one near the ground for my own sanity. The inside of the condo was nice, the only thing the owner needs to keep up is the cleaning of the upholstery, walls, doors, dirty dishes inside the kitchen cabinet & around the tub area. Don't get me wrong, it was not grotesque, just a little dirty. Housekeeping did knock on the door everyday to check and see if I needed anything. I would stay here again, just not during or near bike week.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nice for viewing the ocean, not so much if you are afraid of heights, due to havin...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Laura N
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed it here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Thank you for letting us know what we can do to serve you better on your next visit. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The last time I visited Forest Dunes I said it would be the last after staying there 24 years. However, I received a called from the General Manager, who sadly is no longer there, apologizing for the terrible service that I had before. I'm so glad my husband and I returned. I was greeted by 2 of the friendliest people ever at the front desk, only to find out for some reason, after traveling 4 hours, my reservations had been cancelled for some reason! The quickly fixed the problem and apologized for the problems that I had the last visit. The suite was the absolute best that we've ever had anywhere. The view was amazing, the room was clean and the staff was awesome!!! I was also very happy to see that the unbelievably rude person at the front desk was no longer an employee there. Thank you Forest Dunes for a great Christmas-New Year's trip.

Room Tip: Ask for as high up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joon0304
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear you returned and we miss you already. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went on Molther's Day weekend wihich was also the beginning of bike week. However, the location was peaceful and relaxing in a quiet residential area.
The room was exceptionally clean and spacious four four people. Would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Our room on the sixth floor (607) was excellent.
3  Thank mbdayz2 .
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how you enjoyed our "Great price and loction." We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I highly recommend staying here. The staff is friendly and the rooms are great for an excellent price. Once again I wasn't disappointed with my stay here. This was my second time staying and I'm ready to come back again already.

2  Thank crene13

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes again for your second time. We are very happy to hear how you "Love it!!!" here. We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon so we are very excited to hear you are "ready to come back again already." Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

re: Disappointment and Concerns over our latest accommodations at Forest Dunes !

from april 26-may 2 with our family. our vacation with our family saw us have three different rooms for accommodations - our room was 1110 and i must say we were very displeased with the state of the accomodations. i can not speak for the other two rooms and will let our other family members have there own say with what they experienced.

the issues :
multiple issues with the room were experienced over our stay - things from faulty electrical outlets to hanging pot lights - collapsing cabinet bottoms and strong smells from the cabinet spaces - water damaged closet ceiling which was bowed and collapsing to damaged ceilings in the living areas - torn carpet - ripped and stained curtains - the glass table also was a safety issue as any weight saw it tip and fall (almost landed on my 7 year old son) a definite safety issue indeed ! - broken and patched doors (bedroom and front door latch) - bathroom wall damage / shower rod through the wall and a gapping whole in the bathroom cabinet area - kitchen cups and plates chipped and damaged. the pullout bed mattress was one that seemed to be overused and did not provide any support or comfort - better sleeping on the floor. needless to say this room should and needs to be completely renovated and upgraded. it was definitely disappointing to say the least from what we had received in previous years.

housekeeping was also an issue - or should i say almost non existent. on numerous occasions i was left to attend the front desk to get supplies (kleenex, soap, coffee, towels). even leaving the service please card in the door did not provide any vacuuming or supplies. the one thing they did do was make the bed.

i am not one to complain and as such we bared with it and enjoyed the beach etc. but feel it is needed to be reported that the hotel room was one that disappointed and hope that this isn't the way things are going as we really liked this hotel in previous years.

i hope that by sending this that some kind of action is taken and some reassurance that this is not the normal standard for this hotel / condo.

a disappointed and concerned traveler,

Room Tip: Each room is owned by other people - check rooms prior to check in to ensure a good cared for room...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ryan Rebecca Et... B
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes as a repeat guest. We apologize you experienced issues while staying with us. We strive to continuously improve our resort and guest service and your feedback is crucial in helping us do that. Please be assured your experience is not typical as we receive thousands of email surveys that average out to an overall satisfaction in excess of 90%. Our vision is to give our guests the most exciting, fun filled and enjoyable vacation experience ever. We are sorry we failed to deliver in your most recent stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you better in the future. A manager will attempt to reach you in an effort to earn your satisfaction. We appreciate you and desire the best of all things for you and your family.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed ourselves at the forest dunes resort. We had an oceanfront room to view the beach and ocean. The weather was sunny and warm during our stay. It was nice to sit on the balcony and using the pool. A nice restaurant and bar at resort. The resort is very close to nearby shopping areas and attractions. During our stay we visited murrell inlet, pawleys island, Georgetown and Conway. We ate at some nearby restaurants, fiesta del burros loco, for Mexican and Villa Romano for Italian, creek ratz and drunken jacks for seafood at murrell inlet. Overall forests dunes resort offers great value and enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Antonio L
ForestDunesMOD, Manager at Forest Dunes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Thanks for choosing Forest Dunes. We are very happy to hear how you "enjoyed yourselves at the Forest Dunes Resort." We really appreciate you and hope to see you again soon. Please keep in touch with us on facebook where you will find daily posts and pictures to share with your friends and family. Have a great year - we wish you the very best!