“Awsome place,excellent staff”

Summer Wind Inn & Suites
Ranked #186 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Awsome place,excellent staff”
Reviewed 30 December 2005

This motel is probably one of the best deals on the beach. If you want to stay in a nice place for a reasonable price, go here. The staff was wonderful, breakfast was tasty, room was clean and a perfect view of the beach. I will be staying here again !!

• Stayed November 2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed 18 November 2005

Just got back from a vacation that was cut quite short due to having been robbed in my motel room while I slept. According to local police, the burglar came in my 2nd floor balcony door. This was the 3rd robbery in less than 2 weeks at this motel, and I have to wonder if that's an average. We ignored the questionable cleanliness upon arrival because we have a dog, and they are pet-friendly, but safety concerns left no choice but to leave. I will not stay there again under any circumstances, and I feel I should let this be known if it might help someone else avoid being robbed as I was.

Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, owner at Summer Wind Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 November 2005
This review leaves out quite a few pertinent facts and was written as promised by the guest as retribution because we were not willing to meet the guest's demands. First, the incident in question was not experienced by the guest in first person as suggested by the reviewer, she had left in the middle of her stay to go home before the incident occurred to be with her sick mother. Second, the incident was not a robbery, but instead an unknown person entered the room sometime in the wee hours of the morning through a door her son admits he left wide open. The door was not locked or even latched. The thief apparently took some items and left the way he came. Third, the reviewer said the room housekeeping was not what it should have been, but made no complaint to the staff during her first two weeks of the stay about any such problem. Fourth, we are located next to a public beach access which means we cannot restrict the flow of pedestrians from Ocean Blvd to the beach and vice versa. We cannot police society and cannot be responsible for the regretful conduct of a few. In this instance the reviewer's son exercised poor judgment in sleeping with a door wide open. I would not do this anywhere and I doubt there are many people who would feel this is reasonable conduct. We do feel that over time we have had very few such incidents, less than most other competing motels because we have longer office hours than most, are open year round, have two watchful employees who live on site and our desk personnel do make periodic trips around the parking lot and motel. Finally, although we feel we were not to blame, we did offer the guest some compensation, which she refused, demanding instead a full refund for her stay. We do not claim to be perfect but we do everything we can to make sure guests have a great stay and when our employees err, do what we can to make it right. Thank you for the opportunity to address this review.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed 5 October 2005

My family and I stayed at this motel and it was awfull. The room smelled of urine really bad , not from dogs either smelled more like human waste.We pulled down the spread and had dirty sheets. We had to buy our own cleaning supplies for the windows that we could not see out of. It was just awfull. I would never stay there again. It could use a good cleaning inside out .the stove had not been cleaned so i brought clorox to clean to bathroom and kitchen....the towels are nice and people are friendly but that dont make a pleasureable stay.

• Stayed September 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2005

I'll make this very simple, here is a list of things that needed attention:
1. Pool had green water and was out of commission for 3 days because of a filter problem.
2.Took two days into our stay to get the ice machine to work after being struck by lightning four days earlier.
3.Carpet in rooms (had two) were wet.
4.Several lights were not working and never repaired.
5. Showers ran hot then cold, with low water pressure.
6. Windows on balcony were very dirty and one chair was broke.
7. On second night leg broke off of bed grand children were sleeping in.
8. There were a couple of real slick spots near the pool, where algea was growing in puddles of standing water.
9. Railings on balconies were 5 inches apart, not very safe for small pets or children.
10. Room cleanliness need more attention to detail ie; trash from previous guest under bed, dirty mirrors.
11. Sheets are off white and have various stains and bedspreads needed washing.
One stay at this hotel was enough for me and my family we won't go back. Hotel had a 2 star rating that it didn't deserve.We would have left after first night but no other hotels had rooms available with ocean front view.

• Stayed August 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 July 2005

I realize you get what you pay for and it is probably hard to keep things up right on the oceanfront but I also question newly remodeled. Our room did resemble the pictures I had looked at but they must have been taken right after the remodel back in 2003 before anyone stepped foot into the room.

There wasn't any smells in the room itself but the bathroom smelled horrible and the tub did need a good scrubbing. I too didn't care for the rickety elevator either. I didn't care for the barking dogs but the staff did take care of them, I wish I would have paid closer attention to whether pets were allowed or not.

Breakfast was good, the staff WAS GREAT, the beds were very comfy and it was very nice staying right on the oceanfront. We were able to go to our room for lunch and then hit the beach again.

It is a good location but I'm not sure I would do it again. I probably would spend a little more money and get a little nicer hotel.. However, if you are on a budget like we were, it will do.

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 May 2005

My family and I have stayed at A Summer Wind Hotel three times and are headed there again this year. You can not beat the rates and your right on the beach. You are centrally located but not right in the middle of all the noise. The staff is nice, the breakfast is easy so you can get on your way. The office has coupons and books so you can find your way around. We even got free tickets to go see the Pelicans (a field team) play baseball, which was nice. They will help you with reserving tee times. The oceanfront eff. has a nice little kitchen and a great view (see pictures). You can wake up to the ocean and walk right out to it. If your looking for a quiet, neat room that is more than affordable and located in the perfect place this is the hotel for you. Great for a family budget!

• Stayed June 2004
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 April 2005

When my husband and I stayed there in 2003, when it was actually remodeled, it was wonderful. No smell at all, the people must have not been taking good care of it. I've stayed my share of good hotels, I go to myrtle beach every year sometimes two times a year. AND in 2003 we couldn't believe how clean the place was for the price.

• Stayed June 2003