Bar Harbor
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$234
US$203
US$105
US$236
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$99
US$288
US$253
US$238
US$202
All reviewsbar harbourocean blvdcleaning staffspring breakpierkitchenetteefficiency
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at Bar Harbor October 9 thru 13. Front office staff was not friendly at all. The maid was the nicest person there. She also did a great job on our room. Room was not very clean when we got there but looked better the next day. They really need to update this place. I never take my hair dryer with me and I had to go buy a hair dryer. Pool was not very clean and indoor pool was cold. This hotel is in a good location I would hope the owner would put some money into it and make it nice again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judi R
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here 2 times, The first time we had a 2Qbed room. The room was ok, but on the dirty side, room 444 -4th floor. The bath room was small,the toilet was behind the door , under the sink the floor was dirty. The night stand had what looked like blood on the side next to the bed and behind next to the wall. Didnot notice it until the day we checked out. The key card didn't work most of the time. We had a wheelchair and it would not go past the beds without folding it up. So moving around in the room and in the kit part was hard to do. Would have not gotten in room at all if I could not walk some. The floor in the kit was sticky and slick. The next time we stayed some weeks later, we had a 3 bedroom , the night stand was sticky like syurp was spilled on it. the same type of bathroom but in one of the bathroom there was hair stuck on the mirrow and still dirty under sink. coffee maker didnt work , asked for a new one and got it the next day. Parking was bad, we have a pickup truck 4 door so its big and a small parking lot don't fit, and the Handy parking was like 2 space's so we had to park next door across the street, and with 3 wheelchair's its hard to cross the street and a lot of pushing. SO THIS HOTEL IS NOT GOOD FOR WHEELCHAIR'S. On the last day we stayed we started to itch . Glad we only stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank greeneyes3359
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 25 years and over these years I stayed a min of 6 times a year. I have stayed @ Bar Harbor several times in the past. After tonight I will NEVER stay here again. I am now disabled the motel did not have enough parking. I was told I had to park in a sister motel parking lot a block away. There were several other elder couples complaining as well. the worse was the attitude of the 2 woman working. Basically they said not their problem & I was dumb because I could not understand them. I am deaf not stupid. They were so hateful. I was told the price went up because they did up keep from last year however I still see broken furniture the fridge leaking water out the microwave is broken. The indoor pool nasty. The AC not working correctly. I came here @ have a peaceful weekend with my niece & nephew. WHY be hateful & rude to your guest? I stayed @ the same motel for over 10 years before they closed. You would think Bar Harbor would want my business but after I had a worker follow me out to show be a parking lot I had just drove through 7 was full because they she said there was parking I mean come on. I would rather stay in another motel a little run down then to be treated like DIRT. YOU NEED TO HELP THE ELDER & DISABLE. Thanks! for turning my 4 day vacation into a hard upsetting nightmare depressing weekend. You never know what someone is going through one word you could push them over the edge. To the 2 girls working Oct 19th. Thank you for ruining not only my night but my family's as well. & the other people that I talk to that was just as upset. It's the way you treat and work with people. Ask yourself how you would like to be treated and your family. I've worked as a nurse YOU DONT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE WORTHLESS.

Room Tip: make sure you have parking, make sure rooms are fixed, make sure pricing is right make sure ac works - Most important make sure someone else is working besides the 2 girls who are here now
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy n
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I observed two roaches climbing up the wall. The bathroom had baby roaches scampering around the floor. The carpet was filthy, the headboard was stained and nasty. The lower mattress cover was yellow with stains. the furniture was old and scarred, woodwork badly in need of paint. the coffee table was dirty and had a broken leg. The toilet lever was not working properly.to shut off the water.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bobbi h
Reviewed 9 October 2013

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what a wonderful suprise ,was here 8 months ago and it was great but now it's out of this world great. Someone put some money in this place and made it what it use to be 16 years ago. New carpet ,new matress, new sheets,new pillows,,new flat screen TV. and most of all CLEAN. Price you can't beat this place now for the money it can't be done. PS yes have wi-fi now at no charge.

Room Tip: all rooms oceans front, o yes my room had new ac and heat.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple