“Best Vacation Ever”

Ranked #160 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Church Hill, Tennessee
“Best Vacation Ever”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We had the best vacation ever. My wife and I and our best friends of 26 years had not been on a couples getaway in 10 years and we choose Bar Harbor, Lena and the staff was awesome. Room was very very clean, beds slept great, indoor heated pool was very relaxing, and the balcony, what a view, and we got to bring our pet. WE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. Best place to stay and the best price in Myrtle Beach. Hope to see you again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Pleasant staff.room was $80 and it ain't Hampton Inn.
Wasn't filthy but really could use maintenance as other than a bad painter or 5 it ain't had any. We would stay again but it's definitely on the lower end of the spectrum

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Leanira
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My husband and our two best friends just came back spending a fabulous week @ the Bar Harbour Hotel at Myrtle Beach. The young lady at the desk who's name was Lena was so nice & very helpful there was another young man there at the desk who offered to help with our luggage. The room was very clean & housekeeping staff offered to help us evertime we saw them. Kitchenette was very nice & clean, we couldn't ask to be treated any better by a hotel staff. We will certainly be back to the Bar Harbour of myrtle Beach. I'm not a Hyatt Regency type person, all I want is a nice clean safe friendly place to stay & Bar Harbour is it.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank pj24244
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in the south building, 4th floor, ocean veiw. For the price it wasn't bad. Sure it could use some fixing up, but our room was clean, and the desk people and cleaning staff were very friendly. The indoor pool was cold, but both looked clean. The location was great, walking distance to the boardwalk. The parking on the south side building was terrible, but plenty over flow parking across the street, so that wasn't an issue. I would stay there again. The biggest complaint would be, we were told no pets are allowed above the 2nd floor, but they were on all floors. Not a big deal in itself, but they should have been honest about that. For the price I would have given them above average, but the pet issue bumped it down.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, Indiana
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at Bar Harbor October 9 thru 13. Front office staff was not friendly at all. The maid was the nicest person there. She also did a great job on our room. Room was not very clean when we got there but looked better the next day. They really need to update this place. I never take my hair dryer with me and I had to go buy a hair dryer. Pool was not very clean and indoor pool was cold. This hotel is in a good location I would hope the owner would put some money into it and make it nice again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Judi R
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here 2 times, The first time we had a 2Qbed room. The room was ok, but on the dirty side, room 444 -4th floor. The bath room was small,the toilet was behind the door , under the sink the floor was dirty. The night stand had what looked like blood on the side next to the bed and behind next to the wall. Didnot notice it until the day we checked out. The key card didn't work most of the time. We had a wheelchair and it would not go past the beds without folding it up. So moving around in the room and in the kit part was hard to do. Would have not gotten in room at all if I could not walk some. The floor in the kit was sticky and slick. The next time we stayed some weeks later, we had a 3 bedroom , the night stand was sticky like syurp was spilled on it. the same type of bathroom but in one of the bathroom there was hair stuck on the mirrow and still dirty under sink. coffee maker didnt work , asked for a new one and got it the next day. Parking was bad, we have a pickup truck 4 door so its big and a small parking lot don't fit, and the Handy parking was like 2 space's so we had to park next door across the street, and with 3 wheelchair's its hard to cross the street and a lot of pushing. SO THIS HOTEL IS NOT GOOD FOR WHEELCHAIR'S. On the last day we stayed we started to itch . Glad we only stayed 3 nights.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank greeneyes3359

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I've been coming to Myrtle Beach for over 25 years and over these years I stayed a min of 6 times a year. I have stayed @ Bar Harbor several times in the past. After tonight I will NEVER stay here again. I am now disabled the motel did not have enough parking. I was told I had to park in a sister motel parking lot a block away. There were several other elder couples complaining as well. the worse was the attitude of the 2 woman working. Basically they said not their problem & I was dumb because I could not understand them. I am deaf not stupid. They were so hateful. I was told the price went up because they did up keep from last year however I still see broken furniture the fridge leaking water out the microwave is broken. The indoor pool nasty. The AC not working correctly. I came here @ have a peaceful weekend with my niece & nephew. WHY be hateful & rude to your guest? I stayed @ the same motel for over 10 years before they closed. You would think Bar Harbor would want my business but after I had a worker follow me out to show be a parking lot I had just drove through 7 was full because they she said there was parking I mean come on. I would rather stay in another motel a little run down then to be treated like DIRT. YOU NEED TO HELP THE ELDER & DISABLE. Thanks! for turning my 4 day vacation into a hard upsetting nightmare depressing weekend. You never know what someone is going through one word you could push them over the edge. To the 2 girls working Oct 19th. Thank you for ruining not only my night but my family's as well. & the other people that I talk to that was just as upset. It's the way you treat and work with people. Ask yourself how you would like to be treated and your family. I've worked as a nurse YOU DONT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THEY ARE WORTHLESS.

Room Tip: make sure you have parking, make sure rooms are fixed, make sure pricing is right make sure ac works...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family