“Don't Know Where the Other reviewers were staying?!?!?”

Bar Harbor Motor Inn
Ranked #159 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Don't Know Where the Other reviewers were staying?!?!?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

After reading reviews on the Bar Harbor I felt my husband and I were going to be staying at an older, but nice and clean motel. However, things were very different than discribed. We stayed on in the building with the office in it, so that might be different then the other one south of the office. Our room was beach front and had a beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean, but it was not clean and the air conditioner didn't work at all the last night. The area up the stairs and outside of the rooms was nasty and looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. Overall, I was very disappointed and would not go on vaction if the Bar Harbor was my only option.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Charleston, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

I made reservations for the Penthouse King Suite several weeks in advance of our annual anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach. When we arrived we were told that the elevator did not work and they were not sure when it was going to be fixed. My husband and I are not physically able to go up and down 6 flights of stairs on a regular basis and certainly not able to take suitcases, beach chairs and all the other gear needed for a vacation on the beach up those stairs. We were not offered another room, nor were we offered any help in getting our luggage up to our room. My husband immediately asked for a full refund which we were given minus a $3.00 resort (?) fee. I told the lady at the front desk that it would have been nice if they had called me at home that morning to let me know that the elevator was broken and then I would have had the opportunity to change to another hotel or not come at all. Needless to say that we will never make reservations for this hotel again. We have stayed here on other occasions and with the economy the way it is you would think that they would be a little more mindful of what "Customer Service" is all about.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butterfli60

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Rockford Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2009

My sister and I went to the Bar Harbor to get away from life at home. The rooms are beautiful and right on the beach you can also smoke there the staff was wonderful very polite from the front desk to our cleaning gal and all the staff there. you can walk up the beach to any hot tub or pool there a convience store close by also we also found Rock star taxi the best service too. we loved it so much there we are going back in a couple of months.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2009

My husband and I spent 3beautiful winter days at the Bar Harbor. I must say that I was a bit skeptical at first due to the bad reviews but once we got there I was so happy that we went there! The view was breathtaking! It was cold and I just loved it. Bar Harbor is not this "richy" Hotel...but...it has lot of wonderful qualities I acutally enjoyed the old furniture and thought it made it look very cozy and old home feeling..I mean you could complain about the small flaws but honestly Bar Harbor is a beautiful place to stay if you just want a quiet get away for a good price. The room was clean and I was so wrapped up n the view I really didn't notice much else.....My husband and I stayed in the penthouse, and I enjoyed it.....I will be going back every year on our anniversary and hopefully we will get the same room.. Now if u are looking for a Hotel with breakfast, flat screen Tvs, Internet, and top notch stuff, Bar Harbor is not the place for you...but if you are just looking for a quiet intimate get away and are on a budget then.....this is the place for you! I could talk about the weird smell but I bought an 89 cent can of freshner for our room at Walmart and it was all better! LOL it was just too beautiful to complain about the small stuff I mean....really it is old and cozy like grandma's house! I will never forget my days there....that was my first time at the beach and I loved every minute!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
lovinitup83
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

My stay at Bar Harbor was absolutely wonderful! The rooms were clean and very cozy. The staff was very welcoming from the beginning to the end our of our stay. We had a beautiful view from our room and the amenities were fantastic! I will definitely recommend anyone to stay at Bar Harbor.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

Awesome staff, great location and excellent amenities!!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelgirl5545
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

I recently moved away from Myrtle Beach and whenever I go back to visit, my children and I stay here. We have made the trip at least 4 times in the last 2 years and always stay at Bar Harbor. We always have a good time. The ocean front access, location, and all the amenities make for a very enjoyable vacation. The staff at Bar Harbor are friendly and helpful. It's feels good to find a place that you feel comfortable bringing small children (mine are 1 and almost 3). It is a fantastic, affordable family vacation!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family