Bar Harbor Motor Inn
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$90
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$207
US$178
Travelocity
All reviewsbar harbourocean blvdcleaning staffspring breakpierkitchenetteefficiency
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2009

After reading reviews on the Bar Harbor I felt my husband and I were going to be staying at an older, but nice and clean motel. However, things were very different than discribed. We stayed on in the building with the office in it, so that might be different then the other one south of the office. Our room was beach front and had a beautiful view of the Atlantic ocean, but it was not clean and the air conditioner didn't work at all the last night. The area up the stairs and outside of the rooms was nasty and looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. Overall, I was very disappointed and would not go on vaction if the Bar Harbor was my only option.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2009

I made reservations for the Penthouse King Suite several weeks in advance of our annual anniversary trip to Myrtle Beach. When we arrived we were told that the elevator did not work and they were not sure when it was going to be fixed. My husband and I are not physically able to go up and down 6 flights of stairs on a regular basis and certainly not able to take suitcases, beach chairs and all the other gear needed for a vacation on the beach up those stairs. We were not offered another room, nor were we offered any help in getting our luggage up to our room. My husband immediately asked for a full refund which we were given minus a $3.00 resort (?) fee. I told the lady at the front desk that it would have been nice if they had called me at home that morning to let me know that the elevator was broken and then I would have had the opportunity to change to another hotel or not come at all. Needless to say that we will never make reservations for this hotel again. We have stayed here on other occasions and with the economy the way it is you would think that they would be a little more mindful of what "Customer Service" is all about.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank butterfli60
Reviewed 16 April 2009

My sister and I went to the Bar Harbor to get away from life at home. The rooms are beautiful and right on the beach you can also smoke there the staff was wonderful very polite from the front desk to our cleaning gal and all the staff there. you can walk up the beach to any hot tub or pool there a convience store close by also we also found Rock star taxi the best service too. we loved it so much there we are going back in a couple of months.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My husband and I spent 3beautiful winter days at the Bar Harbor. I must say that I was a bit skeptical at first due to the bad reviews but once we got there I was so happy that we went there! The view was breathtaking! It was cold and I just loved it. Bar Harbor is not this "richy" Hotel...but...it has lot of wonderful qualities I acutally enjoyed the old furniture and thought it made it look very cozy and old home feeling..I mean you could complain about the small flaws but honestly Bar Harbor is a beautiful place to stay if you just want a quiet get away for a good price. The room was clean and I was so wrapped up n the view I really didn't notice much else.....My husband and I stayed in the penthouse, and I enjoyed it.....I will be going back every year on our anniversary and hopefully we will get the same room.. Now if u are looking for a Hotel with breakfast, flat screen Tvs, Internet, and top notch stuff, Bar Harbor is not the place for you...but if you are just looking for a quiet intimate get away and are on a budget then.....this is the place for you! I could talk about the weird smell but I bought an 89 cent can of freshner for our room at Walmart and it was all better! LOL it was just too beautiful to complain about the small stuff I mean....really it is old and cozy like grandma's house! I will never forget my days there....that was my first time at the beach and I loved every minute!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My stay at Bar Harbor was absolutely wonderful! The rooms were clean and very cozy. The staff was very welcoming from the beginning to the end our of our stay. We had a beautiful view from our room and the amenities were fantastic! I will definitely recommend anyone to stay at Bar Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends