“Plan on staying again”

Ranked #158 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cookeville
“Plan on staying again”
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Had an oceanfront room with a balcony, kitchen and very comfortable beds. Got a great deal and the staff was great. Great location, amusement park and arcades in walking distance along with souvenir shops. Totally loved it. Only downfall is the parking situation. You get to use the pools and lazy river of a couple of neighbor hotels, which was great. At the bottom of elevator is the entrance to pool and ocean access. Not the ritz but great for people on a budget!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
West Virginia
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My parents booked this hotel for a weeklong getaway. In the past, Bar Harbor had been a nice budget hotel. Much to their surprise, the hotel has become very run down and dirty over the years. The hotel had litter everywhere along with cigarette butts. The glass elevator was so filthy, you could not see out of it. The room was dirty and there were stains on the furniture. The room had obviously not been vacuumed for quite some time. They spoke with the clerk and told them how dirty the room was and asked for a refund because they were going to stay somewhere else. They were given a full refund and the clerk said nothing about the filth.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

high point
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We really enjoyed our trip this year to Myrtle Beach. We were looking for a place to stay, and someone suggested we stay here. It is in a great location, has great prices, and the staff was wonderful!

• Stayed May 2010
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Okay let me start by saying I am not the type to complain..but this was AWFUL. We arrived in MB late..after midnight..and the only room available was the exeuctive suite, which sounds great right?? WRONG..the carpets were filthy as well as the walls. The tv was screwed up looked like a magnet had been stuck to it..the balcony smelled like urine and had trash on it, the trash cans had not been emptyed from the previous renters and when my little girl went to shower the towel had BLOOD and mucus on it there were no sheets or pillows for the pull out bed. When my dissatisfaction was reported no apology not NOTHING as we were upstairs packing to get out of here..housekeeping walked in without knocking as my kids were changing and then just turned around and left once again with no apology. This hotel is AWFUL!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!! PS the advertise wifi but I am writing this from the parking lot since that doesn't work either!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Summersville, WV
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I had stayed at Bar Harbor twice in the past, quite a few years ago. It was a nice place then, not fancy, but clean. So imagine my horror when my family went on vacation for the first time in 10 years and wound up in a dump! There was some mysterious, sticky blue syrup all over the bedside stand, the last resident's dirty towels behind the door, someone's flip flop in the bedroom, toothpaste splatters on the mirror, and I won't even go into the condition of the toilet and the shower. We had paid a substantial deposit, which was not refundable per the manager, so we were stuck as we couldn't afford to forfeit the deposit and pay for alternate accommodations. I asked for cleaning supplies and he gave me a bottle of cleaner and with that and some Lysol wipes I at least felt like we weren't going to catch any diseases, I didn't take my shoes off the entire time, even showered in my flip flops. Every day we put our garbage and our dirty towels out in the hall and in return got a clean (maybe?) bag of towels from the housekeeper. That's the extent of their housekeeping services. I stayed up every night until I just couldn't go any more so I would be exhausted enough to be able to sleep in that disgusting room and then was up at 5:30 am. Sad when you're glad your vacation is over, but that was definitely the case, thanks to Bar Harbor.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2010

Myself as well as my family have stayed at bar harbor for several years an plan to continue staying there. The location is great, The staff always make you feel welcome. We have never encountered any problems of any type there.

Harrogate, Tennessee