We rented a 3 bedroom condo at the North Tower Boutique (please be aware that there are multiple Breakers locations over 7 blocks - the reviews don't always appear to be for the correct location) for four nights for Spring Break for my wife, 3 kids, and grandma and grandpa. We paid $806 for the 4 nights, which seemed like a good deal compared to other properties I researched. They have a nice setup; basically, it is 3 different sized, separate condos that open up together to make a large 3 BR/3 Bath Condo with a kitchen and living room. All 3 bedrooms had oceanfront views and patios.
- The layout was great (1 King bed, 2 doubles, 2 doubles), each with own bath
- Oceanfront views were perfect
- Free continental breakfast was acceptable - donuts, bagels, toast, yogurt, cereal, coffee juice
- Ocean front pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub
- Our interactions with the staff were great
- The rooms are beginning to look tired. While everything was clean, the place could use a refresh
- The parking garage is awful - it is narrow and difficult to navigate the ramps (tip: there is an over sized vehicle lot behind the parking garage - use it)
- The indoor pool that is advertised on the website is located at the Breakers on 21st Street; the North Tower is on 27th - it is a long walk or you have to navigate a 2nd narrow parking garage if you want to swim indoors.
- Found the mattresses to be very hard and uncomfortable
- Wi-fi was poor - I know, it is vacation, but it is nice to have when you need it
Ultimately, I chose this property because I deemed it the best value for the best property - it is ranked 32 out of 230+ MB properties. Having stayed here, I think it is ranked too high. I think you can get better properties for similar dollars. Will I stay here again? Probably not - I would find a newer, more modern location for a similar price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand is a quaint oceanfront boutique resort in the heart of Myrtle Beach, SC. Enjoy a beautiful oceanfront pool, an extra-large kiddie pool for the little ones, private cabanas, swirling hot water whirlpool, and a well-equipped exercise room. The market restaurant is severing piping hot coffee and delicious continental breakfast each morning for FREE for guests. Spacious, convenient, covered parking is also available just across the street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Strand A Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakers Resort North Tower Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel North