“I am torn on how to review - I think it is ranked too high”

The Strand A Boutique Resort
Ranked #14 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We rented a 3 bedroom condo at the North Tower Boutique (please be aware that there are multiple Breakers locations over 7 blocks - the reviews don't always appear to be for the correct location) for four nights for Spring Break for my wife, 3 kids, and grandma and grandpa. We paid $806 for the 4 nights, which seemed like a good deal compared to other properties I researched. They have a nice setup; basically, it is 3 different sized, separate condos that open up together to make a large 3 BR/3 Bath Condo with a kitchen and living room. All 3 bedrooms had oceanfront views and patios.

Pros:
- The layout was great (1 King bed, 2 doubles, 2 doubles), each with own bath
- Oceanfront views were perfect
- Free continental breakfast was acceptable - donuts, bagels, toast, yogurt, cereal, coffee juice
- Ocean front pool, kiddie pool, and hot tub
- Our interactions with the staff were great

Cons:
- The rooms are beginning to look tired. While everything was clean, the place could use a refresh
- The parking garage is awful - it is narrow and difficult to navigate the ramps (tip: there is an over sized vehicle lot behind the parking garage - use it)
- The indoor pool that is advertised on the website is located at the Breakers on 21st Street; the North Tower is on 27th - it is a long walk or you have to navigate a 2nd narrow parking garage if you want to swim indoors.
- Found the mattresses to be very hard and uncomfortable
- Wi-fi was poor - I know, it is vacation, but it is nice to have when you need it

Ultimately, I chose this property because I deemed it the best value for the best property - it is ranked 32 out of 230+ MB properties. Having stayed here, I think it is ranked too high. I think you can get better properties for similar dollars. Will I stay here again? Probably not - I would find a newer, more modern location for a similar price.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank smudpu
There are newer reviews for The Strand A Boutique Resort

Reviewed 5 April 2013

The room was spotless service grreat excellant for kids and adults convienent location but really no need to leave withh the shops on locationplus the red parrott bar and grill great food and drinks plus can see kids in lazy river or you can set out at pool

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This was a great trip by the whole family. There was something to do for everyone to enjoy. Breakfast was wonderful everyday and the chef came out to visit each day which was great!! The walk to the boardwalk was neat. We had such a great time in the lazy river each day and the beach.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed in the sailfish tower in a 2 bedroom 2 bath full kitchen condo. This. Ondo was in much need of maintance the dishwasher had standing water with food floating in it , we didn't want to use the dishwasher but it was leaking this water on the floor in the kitchen. The garbage desposle was leaking under the sink, the toilet in one bathroom clogged twice and the second time it took 2 phone calls to the desk and 3 or more hours to get a matinance man to unclog then he ask how long we were staying becouae the toilet needed new guts( his words) and he wouldn't fix it until we left ! We were leaving the next day his answer was to hold the Handel down when we flush : /? We were told the outside pools were heated and they are not the inside pools were old looking and the lazy river was dirty don't think anyone was sifting the leaves or twigs out of it . Oh make sure you return your braceletts to the check in or you will get a Nast talking downtown by the check out person! We were not told we had to return them and the kids had Packed them for suvonirs ! I even asked her if she wanted me to unpack the van and get them and she begrudgingly said no!!!!lets just say the beach is nice but there are a lot of places to stay on the beach and we will not stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 28 March 2013

we stayed at this hotel for 8 nights and loved it. It is well located in Myrtle Beach so that you can get around easily but not to centralized so that you are among the crowds and partiers. We had a suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom that overlooked the beach. Loved sleeping to the sounds of the ocean. The hotel furnishes a continental breakfast that has more than enough most hungry guests, we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for Ocean front, we were on the 14th floor and loved it.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lin7a
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I should first preface my review by saying that you should always be wary of staying in a beach community during off-season as they rarely have much staffing and they usually let their properties run down in the off-season. We did get a decent deal on an ocean front suite. The carpets were dirty and the tile in the bathroom and kitchen was sticky. Having a toddler, I found that I wasn't comfortable with him playing around on the floors. The bathroom toilet stopped working right before we left. The mattress was uncomfortable, the linens were poor quality, and the pillows were flat. And I'm not usually one to complain about such things. During booking I had requested a pack and play but had to request it again at check-in. It was delivered about an hour later and I had to set it up myself. We frequent the Myrtle Beach area but rarely stay on the beach due to the crowds and noise. Even during off-season, there were children screaming and running down the halls at night and outside at the pool area even after midnight. I will definately not be booking here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank tdbd6708
Reviewed 11 March 2013

When I booked the Breakers Boutique king suite, I had seen it rated as a 3-star hotel, so I was not expecting a 5-star. It was a very strong 3-star at a very affordable price. We were meeting family in Myrtle Beach and the living area gave us plenty of space hangout together. We really didn't use the kitchen, but be sure to bring your own coffee if you want in room coffee. The kitchen is set up with everything you need to cook and store food. Both the living area and the bedroom had balcony access, which was great for entertaining and for listening to the surf going to sleep. The room was clean, comfortable, but well used. Parking was in a parking garage across the street. The concierge was very helpful, the front desk staff warm and friendly, the breakfast adequate. I liked that it was off the main drag so it was peaceful and quiet. I would go back in a heart-beat.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple