“It was high class and wonderful.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Strand A Boutique Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Strand A Boutique Resort
Ranked #19 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
West Virginia
“It was high class and wonderful.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

We stayed at the Paradise at the Breakers. It was a wonderful experience. This makes our second time staying here. First of all it was very very immaculate. The suite was beautifuil with a 360 deg. glass wall which showed off the beach from the bedroom, livingroom and kitchen. It had everything we needed - like a washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. The location of the motel was excellent and close to everything. The staff was wonderful, polite and made us feel special. We can't wait until out next trip.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Rochester, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2009

This hotel is right on the beach and well located. Our room was on the 18th floor with a fabulous ocean view. It was an OK room but a bit tired and in need of updating. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DVille GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I have to admit, I am hooked on the reviews and they are very helpful. So i have decided I need to write one as well. I had planned this trip for about 3 months. I shopped online for a really nice hotel and one that was not that expensive. I came across Breakers North Tower. I called, made my reservation and was eager and could not wait to go.
Upon my arrival I was alittle disappointed in the lobby area. The air conditioner was not on and the front desk clerk Allen was not as friendly as I thought he should be. We proceeded up to our room. The room was big. But the housekeeping lady needed to come back and finish cleaning the room because the kitchen floor was very slippery, the furniture had an old smell to it. The view was beautiful and the bed was huge, but i was not happy my house does not smell that way and i did not want to smell old furniture. ( maybe if we had turned on the air, it would have helped the room because i am sure that no one had been in that room since last summer). Anyway, I called the front desk to complain and I got BreAnn. She is located at the registration desk. I told her how I felt and she sent me up to take a look at another room. It was located in the Paradise Tower and I loved It!!! BreAnn was very kind, she asked no questions, all she wanted to do was to make me happy. She even threw in free breakfast for our stay! Zulma our housekeeper was awesome!! I loved it there!! I will go back!! Thank you BreAnn, you made our stay at Breakers awesome and we thank you for that.

1 Thank SMcCoyDVilleGA
Swannanoa, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

We really enjoyed staying @ Breakers Resort North Tower. Location was great; right on the beach and close to shopping/restaurants. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. When we arrived, we found that the TV remote was missing. In a short period of time, a staff person brought the remote to our room and made sure it worked. We hope to come back!

1 Thank Tridecas
Central Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

My husband and I just returned from a week at the Breakers North Tower. We would definitely return. We were in an oceanfront king suite and loved it. We had a good sized living room with a fold-out sofa and chair, with a tv in a cabinet with extra drawers in case you need them. While we didn't need the fold-out sofa, it would be nice if you had an extra person.

The kitchen was a big plus. The washer and dryer were like new and we used them several times. It had a full oven, stove, full refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and plenty of cupboards and counter space. It had a coffee pot and toaster. They provide paper towels, pots and pans, baking dishes, plates, glasses, silverware, sharp cutlery, spatula, even a corkscrew. They even provided a little packet of dishwasher soap and a small bottle of liquid dish soap, plus a kitchen towel and washcloth.

You'll need to bring your own coffee, but there are plenty of places to stop and pick up groceries or whatever else you need.

The view was spectacular and we sat on our little balcony every morning. The bedroom sits at an angle, so we also had a beautiful ocean view from the bedroom. It had a good sized closet and the bathroom was clean. It would be nice to have a little more counter space in the bathroom, but no big deal. Don't miss out on an ocean view room. We got a great deal and loved the view.

The pool was very warm and comfortable and we had no problems finding a pool chair or beach chair. This may vary depending on the season. We were there the last week in April and the weather was perfect -- 78 and sunny every day.

We golfed and particularly enjoyed The Wizard and Arrowhead. Check the local paper, which you can pick up in the hotel lobby, for daily specials at area courses, then take the ads with you to the golf desk in the main Breakers resort and they can tell you which courses they recommend. Prices were much, much lower than we found online prior to our stay.

A couple restaurant tips -- we ate at Captains Seafood, a couple blocks north right on the beach. It was a nice view, but I thought the food was so-so. I ordered flounder, my husband ordered a steak.

One afternoon we stopped in Ultimate California pizza and the pizza was yummy. We also ate at Shuckers a couple of times, just because the home-made fries were so good. It's definitely not a fancy place, but fun for a casual lunch.

My absolute favorite was a recommendation by a guy we golfed with one day. He goes to Myrtle Beach each spring, so knew the area. The restaurant is called Finocchio and I believe is in Garden Grove. It's about a 25 minute drive. We pulled up and had second thoughts, as it's in a strip mall type area and the front wasn't that inviting. We walked in to a friendly bar and white table clothes and the friendliest people ever. They had a nice menu plus daily specials. We both ordered a glass of the house wine -- he had Chianti, I had the cabernet which was smooth and enjoyable. My husband ordered lasagna which covered his entire plate. He loved it. But mine was the best! I swear it's one of the best things I've ever eaten. It was one of their daily specials -- large sauteed shrimp and asparagus spears on a bed of rigatoni with a light white wine and marinara sauce. It's literally making my mouth water thinking of it :) The next time we go back to Myrtle Beach, that will be the first restaurant we visit.

We also went to Broadway at the Beach and ate at Tony Roma's, which was good, but it's really more fun to try the local places, in my opinion.

We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go back again and again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IowaSummer
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

We stayed in a 2bed and 2bath beach front and it was very nice. They had just updated everything. Rooms and Bathrooms were very clean. Kitchen had everything you needed. It had many pools, all clean. The staff was nice, not sure about helpful but I never had to ask them anything. The location is GREAT! Had many restaurants around and attractions like mini golf that you could walk to. Will go back and stay!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We took a family vacation to Myrtle Beach and decided on staying at the Breakers North Tower. We chose to stay on the Royal Suite which had 2 bedrooms (master bedroom had king bed with bathroom and the 2nd bedroom had 2 queens and a bathroom.) This room was unbelievable! Not only was it large but it was clean and had beautiful views of the ocean from all rooms. The kitchen was very nice and clean with all of the supplies we would need for making our meals. Next to the beautiful ocean views and the great decor the next best thing about our room was the washer and dryer. With a family of 5 this came in very handy!

The customer service at the Breakers North Tower was excellent aside from the "concierge" at the main registration area. The front office staff were friendly and helpful and very courteous. We did arrive at Myrtle Beach 3 hours earlier than expected and we were very tired. It was not check in time yet but the ladies at the front desk put a rush on the cleaning of our room. We were able to check in a few hours early! That was a great relief since we had been driving all night!

Our only customer service complaint - On our last day there, it was breezy and raining so we decided to use the indoor pools at the main resort. I was unsure of which entrance to use to get there or where to park. Upon walking into the registration area I stopped at the concierge desk to get directions. He was sitting in his chair with his feet up on his desk talking to another man about some sort of tickets. He ignored me for a while until I finally talked over him to ask him where to go. He gave me the wrong information. Nice.

The outdoor pool and hot tub at the Breakers North Tower was very nice and accomodating. We spent time out there the first few days and have no complaints.

We will definately stay at the Breakers North Tower when we return to Myrtle Beach. My husband and I loved it and most importanly my kids had an awesome time! I recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family