“Great time”
Review of Cabana Inn

Cabana Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Cabana Inn
Ranked #135 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 15 July 2009

My family and I stayed at the Cabana Inn for 4 nights last week. The stay was relaxing and the staff could not have been nicer. Room 205 was very clean and comfortable and the housekeepers came in each day and cleaned the room. The pool was sparkling and refreshing to relax in. The beach is right across the street and is convenient to get to. We will definitely go back next year!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 July 2009

The Cabana Inn is an excellent place to stay. This is my second time staying here and I highly reccomend it. The staff is excellent, the rooms are nice and the rates are very affordable. The property is clean and well kept. Across from the ocean but in walking distance to everything..

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PKLNorthCarolina
Reviewed 9 April 2009

This place is close to the ocean, restaurants. The staff, especially the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The manager lives on site, so he doesn't let the noise or parties get too loud. For the price and location you can't beat it. Its not a 5 star, but the room was clean, AC was on when we arrived. This was a great bargain, No frills, but when you are at Myrtle Beach you don't stay at the hotel much, except at night. After all, its the beach. When you stay here you get a safe place, a friendly staff and an inexpensive clean room. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Me and my friends went to the Cabana Inn last week after another hotel, the Sea Dip, tried to scam us and make us pay way too much for a safety deposit. Luckily, an owner of a nearby hotel recommended the Cabana Inn because we needed a place that would accept guests under 21. At this point, we were up for anything, but we were pleasantly surprised by the Cabana Inn. It was cheap, but the rooms were clean and large. Everyone who worked there was polite and friendly, and we didn't feel like anyone was breathing down our necks because we were young. Because we were under 21, we had to pay a 150 dollar security deposit, but compared to the other hotels we looked at, that was a good deal. The location was not directly on the strip, but it was just across the street from the ocean. The bathrooms were surprisingly clean, the grout was actually white and we got great water pressure in the shower. If you are looking for a bright shiny new hotel, this would not be the place to go, but if you would like a decent place to stay for a great value, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank slm0710
Reviewed 6 September 2007

We booked a week at the Cabana Inn in July 2007. The website made it look like a nice family run hotel with clean modest accomodations. I called the Inn directly to make the reservations. The gentleman on the phone was extremely pleasant & the booking went very smooth. We received our reservation card just like he promised & I felt confident our week was set. Boy was I wrong! We arrived after 11:30PM as our flights had been delayed. We called ahead to tell the office we would be late & they agreed to stay late for us to give us our key. (They usually close at 11PM) When we got there we were not impressed! We got the key as promised but by the looks of the place we did not want to use it!! There were many people sitting out front of rooms smoking & drinking. The grounds were absolutely filthy (overflowing garbage containers, empty beer cases in the stairwells) They pointed us in the the direction of the elevator but it was so dirty & in disrepair that we chose to climb the filthy steps making sure we didn't touch the "sticky" handrails. The room had decent carpet but that was the only thing decent about it. There were holes in the walls, garbage under the beds, stained linens, and rotting windows. Due to the fact that it was so late we chose to put the table & chairs in front of the door( for protection) & stay the night. When got up early the next morning & found a decent place to stay & cancelled the rest of the week. The one positive thing I have to say is the Cabana had a "no refund" policy & they did keep our deposit plus our one night stay but were nice enough to give us back the rest of the week's rental after I explained to the man at the front desk that the Cabana was just not acceptable. This place needs some major repairs & clean up. I would never recommend anyone staying there until the owner decides to put some money back into it.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mcvacations
Manager42, Manager at Cabana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2007

This gentleman and his family came in July at a time of full occupancy. My staff starts with the exterior property, halls, elevator etc. at 7:30 am and again in the evening at 10:00 Pm. I do not know how he could have found overflowing trash cans etc. The room does not have holes in concrete walls. The windows are in aluminum farames and our rooms are clean. The elevator is older but not in disrepair as we have a 24 hr.day 7 day week service contract. We were full of families and many returning guests. Yes I am sure some of the adults drink beer and smoke. Yes I am sure they enjoy sitting outside thier rooms, especially when they have multiple rooms. I don't know why they thought they needed a chair for safety against the door. They had a privacy deadbolt which I am the only one with the key to and they were completely surrounded by families and adults all over the age of 25 which is our policy with the exception of "Graduation weeks" in early June. This family booked our $48.00 per night special for a 7 night or more stay discount. We were more than glad to give his refund since we have many satisfied returning guests and I imagine he wrote this review since he couldn't find anything in the price range he paid for his expectations.

Reviewed 18 November 2006

It's the second time I've been to this motel. This time it was for 2 weeks in October. Both times I was very satisfied. It's just across the street from the beach, the location is superb, the motel is big enough to have good service and small enough to be recognized by the staff. If something is missing, the staff gives us satisfaction very quickly. The price is very attractive. Very good quality for the price. I recommand this place. I've been to other hotels and motels in Myrtle Beach and it's the best in his category.

Friends from the North.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank voyageurduquebec
Reviewed 15 October 2006

small, family run estab. not the best, but surely not a hole in the ground. for the price, it can't be beat

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank aimless_roamer