“Don't even think about it!”
Review of Cabana Inn

Cabana Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Cabana Inn
Ranked #136 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 6 September 2007

We booked a week at the Cabana Inn in July 2007. The website made it look like a nice family run hotel with clean modest accomodations. I called the Inn directly to make the reservations. The gentleman on the phone was extremely pleasant & the booking went very smooth. We received our reservation card just like he promised & I felt confident our week was set. Boy was I wrong! We arrived after 11:30PM as our flights had been delayed. We called ahead to tell the office we would be late & they agreed to stay late for us to give us our key. (They usually close at 11PM) When we got there we were not impressed! We got the key as promised but by the looks of the place we did not want to use it!! There were many people sitting out front of rooms smoking & drinking. The grounds were absolutely filthy (overflowing garbage containers, empty beer cases in the stairwells) They pointed us in the the direction of the elevator but it was so dirty & in disrepair that we chose to climb the filthy steps making sure we didn't touch the "sticky" handrails. The room had decent carpet but that was the only thing decent about it. There were holes in the walls, garbage under the beds, stained linens, and rotting windows. Due to the fact that it was so late we chose to put the table & chairs in front of the door( for protection) & stay the night. When got up early the next morning & found a decent place to stay & cancelled the rest of the week. The one positive thing I have to say is the Cabana had a "no refund" policy & they did keep our deposit plus our one night stay but were nice enough to give us back the rest of the week's rental after I explained to the man at the front desk that the Cabana was just not acceptable. This place needs some major repairs & clean up. I would never recommend anyone staying there until the owner decides to put some money back into it.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank mcvacations
Manager42, Manager at Cabana Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2007

This gentleman and his family came in July at a time of full occupancy. My staff starts with the exterior property, halls, elevator etc. at 7:30 am and again in the evening at 10:00 Pm. I do not know how he could have found overflowing trash cans etc. The room does not have holes in concrete walls. The windows are in aluminum farames and our rooms are clean. The elevator is older but not in disrepair as we have a 24 hr.day 7 day week service contract. We were full of families and many returning guests. Yes I am sure some of the adults drink beer and smoke. Yes I am sure they enjoy sitting outside thier rooms, especially when they have multiple rooms. I don't know why they thought they needed a chair for safety against the door. They had a privacy deadbolt which I am the only one with the key to and they were completely surrounded by families and adults all over the age of 25 which is our policy with the exception of "Graduation weeks" in early June. This family booked our $48.00 per night special for a 7 night or more stay discount. We were more than glad to give his refund since we have many satisfied returning guests and I imagine he wrote this review since he couldn't find anything in the price range he paid for his expectations.

There are newer reviews for Cabana Inn

Reviewed 18 November 2006

It's the second time I've been to this motel. This time it was for 2 weeks in October. Both times I was very satisfied. It's just across the street from the beach, the location is superb, the motel is big enough to have good service and small enough to be recognized by the staff. If something is missing, the staff gives us satisfaction very quickly. The price is very attractive. Very good quality for the price. I recommand this place. I've been to other hotels and motels in Myrtle Beach and it's the best in his category.

Friends from the North.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank voyageurduquebec
Reviewed 15 October 2006

small, family run estab. not the best, but surely not a hole in the ground. for the price, it can't be beat

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
3  Thank aimless_roamer
Reviewed 9 October 2006

I Have stayed at the cabana inn for several years now..Its not just a business decision, its become more of a friend type relationship.I have become friends with carol and his staff and they seem to go above and beyond to make you feel welcome there.I stay there everytime im in myrtle beach, not just for the bike weeks. I would recommend staying at the cabana....let carol and staff show you their hospitality...and you will become like me..looking forward to arriving in myrlte beach to see their smiling faces...................Scott Welborn Piedmont s.c..

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
3  Thank SCHARLEYBOY
Reviewed 30 September 2006

Great vacation site for affordability. After hours of searching - this is THE place. Easy check-in, very friendly staff, easy access to ocean, great location. Weekly rates are unbelievable. If you're expecting the HIlton, go stay at the Hilton, but if you want low rates and a nice stay, this is the place.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank primadonnanot
Reviewed 26 September 2006

Older but clean ,very nice rooms , across from the ocean , family owned. The front office was as sweet as can be. The housekeepers. very very nice ,The pool was clean. great place to stay

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank theoldlady
Reviewed 18 September 2006

My family and I found the Cabana Inn to be a very nice, hospitable motel. The price was great, and the rooms were clean and kept up with very well. The housekeeping did a great job daily of cleaning of the room and also delivering our linens and toiletries. My son thoroughly enjoyed the kiddie pool, and the beach was just a short walk across the street. My husband and I also found the employees very courteous and helpful; they gave us great reccommendations on restaraunts and places to go. I would definitely reccomend this motel to anyone looking for a great, reasonably priced motel to stay at. My family and I will return again next year.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family