We stayed at Captain's Quarters from Dec 23 - 27 and had our Christmas there. For the dollar, it was a good value, but I have definitely stayed in better. The room was clean and though things were a bit dated, I didn't expect a 5-star hotel for the price. The staff in the bowling alley were barely awake and acted as if serving us was a major chore between their smoke breaks outside the doors. The bowling alley was open until 6, but a private party came in about 5 on one of our evenings and took over the place so we couldn't get to any of the arcade games and enjoy them. The indoor pools, hot tub and lazy river were clean and enjoyable; however, on our last day they were all too cold to use. There was a towel cart for guests which never seemed to get filled so we had to use our own. When we arrived, the stove top in our room did not work and none of the eyes were even connected and there was loose wiring sticking out from one, but when we called the front desk the next morning they had a maintenance person there within 15 minutes and it was fixed on Christmas eve. When we called for more towels and supplies, they had someone there within 3 minutes. Overall the staff was courteous and very responsive. We will probably stay there again next Christmas, but we will know to ask for a room overlooking the pirate ship pool area because we got stuck in a room on the other side with a big jut-out of the hotel blocking much of our side view of the ocean and the beach. We could see forward just fine in our beach-front room, we could just see nothing to the left except the building. Not great. We didn't expect the Ritz for the price we paid, but it is definitely a decent family hotel in MB at a decent price. The main thing we learned is that all might not be perfect, but if you let a staff member know of your needs, they will do their best to accomodate. For the price, you can't expect perfection.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Captains Quarters Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Captains Quarters Family Hotel
- Hotel Captains Quarters Family
- Captains Quarters Myrtle Beach
- Captains Quarters Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Captains Quarters Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Captains Quarters Motel Myrtle Beach