“This is a fun place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captains Quarters Resort

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #92 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“This is a fun place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at Captsin's Quarters. The weather was rainy and cold one day of our stay but there was plenty to do that evening with the indoor pool and bowling alley. The guest rooms were a bit small but not a major problem.

2 Thank Scrichard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

I am currently staying at CQ for my birthday... The staff when we checked in was so awsome and got excited with me for my birthday. The parking is so convenient and the room we had was absolutely awesome! When we walked in the room they had the towels arranged like a 3 tier cake and even left some saltwater taffy my favorite! This property went over and beyond to make my day great and it was! The level 6 bowling alley and arcade is very nice as well as the pool areas BUT it isnt always about the amenities, but by the people providing them! BECAUSE of this hospitality I will continue to return and recommend you to friends, family, and customers! I cant say thank you enough for the amazing angle oceanfront level 9 room and great experience! Looking forward to tonight :-)

1 Thank KathrynTamburrino
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about the staff, we strive to do our very best and show all our guest that most exciting, fun-filled vacation EVER! We are so glad that you spent your birthday with us and look forward to seeing you again. Hopefully very soon!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

If u come to this place, please do not listen to the people you talk to over the phone about the rooms. I come with friends and we all got separate rooms and my room was like the bronx compared to theirs, they have decent rooms, but I was told that this room was one of the nicer rooms, but were we in for a treat when we walked in. The other groups had decent rooms and I called the desk to explain the situation and all they could say is we are booked!! I wouldn't have brought my dogs on this trip...if u stay ask for a premier room and don't listen to the bs they feed you on the phone about how great the other rooms are. This room was worth like 50$ a night and we were charged 201$ for 2 nights, same as the premier rooms. So be careful what you ask for when coming here, they have ok rooms but this wasn't one of them.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank boss80

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

webster mass
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

My husband and I are in our late 20's and stayed for valentines day 2013 on our way to charleston. We checked in after a rather long line (it was 315pm on valentines day and there was only one girl working the front desk) and parked in the parking garage which is pretty conveinent. We had a king room on the second floor with a balcony. It was fine for one night but we would definitely have needed a bigger room had we been staying there for more than one night. They had spread plastic rose petals on the bed which was a sweet touch. The room was small the bathroom even smaller, and it was at an angle so you could barely open the door more than halfway. It was impossible for my husbband to shave while I dried my hair. When I took a shower I noticed there were major rust and water stains on the tub as well as some brownish-green dirt... my husband asked a cleaning lady for some spray and paper towels and he cleaned the majority of it off so we could shower. As soon as I got in i realized the curtain was too small. After about a minute or two my husband told me to turn the water off. When I did I saw the curtain was soaked through and water was all over the floor. I thought the curtain was waterproof but apparently it needed a liner... which we didnt have... nor did we have the hooks for one. He immediately called the front desk and they said someone would bring one right up. So after 15 minutes of waiting with shampoo in my hair I turned the shower on and hurriedly rinsed off and got out. He called down again because he wanted to take a shower and they said someone was on their way. We waited and waited and after an hour he dressed and we got ready to go out for dinner. I called the front desk again and told them we were going out and wouldnt return until late so to please have the maid put the shower liner up and leave the new towels on the bathroom counter and to take the used ones. (ours were soaked and dirty from sopping up the floor) When we returned our new towels and the liner with no rings to put it on were outside our door on the exposed hallway on the ground and the dirty ones were still in the tub. It was very irritating. The private balcony was tiny... barely large enough for the two plastic chairs and tiny plastic table between them, and very low to the ground. They were doing maitenance on the Soggy Dollar bar and all we could smell when we opened the door to our balcony was an overwhelming smell of polyurethane. Not very romantic. The small loveseat in front of our floor to ceiling window was dirty with drink/food spills and possibly some bodily fluids. Would it have killed them to shampoo it? Around 930pm we went out to enjoy the hotubs and were surprised that most of the pools/hottubs were clean. We returned and my husband draped the shower liner so we could rinse off before bed. Our king bed was clean and while the sheets were just plain white cotton it was comfortable. We slept well and checked out around 830am. We didn't hear any loud partying as other guests have complained of but perhaps it was because it was valentines day. There was a very diverse group of people staying at the hotel from young couples to old and familys from many different ethnicities. I found all the staff friendly and courteous if slightly inefficient. The room didn't smell musty and there were no bugs so it wasn't a horrible place to stay. I think the bathroom could use some work maybe replacing the tub and having the cleaning staff do a more thourough job would be wonderful. My husband and I are considering staying here again during the christmas season with my 4 and 5 year old nieces who live in Charleston. We think they will really enjoy the shipwreck lagoon and the arcade center.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank the1nonlybecky
Taylorsville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I am late doing this, but had too. November 11,12,13, 2012. We had a wonderful time at the hotel. They gave us a room on the 8th floor with a big window to sit and look out and also a balcony. What a view! The service we got was also very good, answered any question we ashed and got tickets for a show, which we picked, it was Christmas on ice and it was terrible, that is the nice word for it. We could swim in all the pools in and out side. We love this time of year to go to Myrtle Beach. The package we had we could bowl every day a free game, we did't get time to do it though, We will go again and ask for the same room.

Room Tip: Decide what floor and where you would like to stay, before you get there. We will not stay on a firs...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Monroe, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stayed at the CQ in Feburary. We like staying in the off season best because its less crowded. Has indoor heated pools, Jacuzzi and lazy river. Love the bowling alley on 6th floor! They offered a free game before 8pm, additional games were not that much and can use a hotel Discount Card! They have a new little Bar & Grill right next door that was awesome. Loved that they had Fried Pickles! Our room was ocean front King and newly remodeled. They have great discounts on their website. Was nice and relaxing. Just make sure you ask for coffee for your in room coffee maker when you check in, it is not in the room.

Room Tip: We like to stay up high ocean front. In the summer when you look out your glass window you don't...
Martinsville, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013

If you want the hip night life hotel, this is for you. Loud people, lots of young drinking, smoking people. The rules were not followed, smoking in places that were not allowed,(around children 6mo -5) bird feeding, loud & noisy at all hours of the night. The room was not bad, housekeeping was prompt and thorough. just not the safe, calm, and quiet time we were looking for. View was wonderful!

2 Thank BlueButterfly89