“Horrible!!!!! Nasty!!!!! Dirty!!!!!! with Roaches!!!!”

Captains Quarters Resort
Ranked #97 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Horrible!!!!! Nasty!!!!! Dirty!!!!!! with Roaches!!!!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ROACH RESORT!!!! I can't understand why anyone was even staying there!!!! I would warn anyone (Not to stay at Captain's Quarters Resort) My family and I were so happy to get out of the Roach Resort and get into a clean and lovely Resort!!! The room was Horrible Nasty and Dirty with Roaches!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ROACH RESORT!!!!

Room Tip: All rooms have ROACHES!!!!!!!
5 Thank Laurie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Greek first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were so excited about staying here but things went wrong from check in on!!! When I booked the room I wanted an ocean view and was told OK. Then she asked do you want a high room or low I specifically said high. So when we checked in the guy said I am sorry the room you requested is not available today but you can move tomorrow. Know I don't know about other people but who wants to unpack and re pack the next day to move so we stayed in that room. Once we got in the room I immediately called front desk to tell them the room had a terrible smell. The guy said I will send someone to clean and spray it. I said no this is a mold smell. Well I was RIGHT I am highly allergic to mold so I ended up having an asthma attack while we were there, I sent an email and called and asked for a manager and still to this day I have heard nothing. The curtains also had BLOOD stains on them and to get it closed all the way you had to touch it. I was so disappointed and still am with their customer service!! Bad service and very dirty and charge you for a room with a view and you see NOTHING!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LeaAnn H

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Checked into this hotel. The first hour saw four roaches. Asked for another room and we were moved. During the week called three times about no air conditioner. Finally they changed our unit. Had to evacuate for an hour and a half for a chemical spill. The last day we were moved again to another room because they rented out our room. The new room had more roaches. At checkout time we took pictures of the roaches and showed them to the manager, who didn't really care and said " oh those are just water bugs, all hotels get them this time of the year". Spent all week moving from room to room and was not compensated for anything. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It needs to be shut down.

Room Tip: Go north. Rooms are cleaner on the north side.
4 Thank davidaK5086FR
Burlington
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have been staying here for the past few years. as it has never been the most clean it was nice. But this stay out was a mess got there on the 27th of july wassupposed to have a double suite but was disgusting so had to down grade didn't recurrence full price difference. The housekeepers are horrible and rude they could use a upgrade. Room wasnt up to date exvept bathroom. The bowling alley it was like pulling teeth from a baby to get help with anything,half of the games dont work. some ofthe water throughout smelled like a sewer. The workers walked trash down the halls and on elevator NASTY. everyday a different elevator was broke. could never get on touchwork Mike the manager was always too busy.Luckily we only used or room too sleep. they only give u one parking pass. to top it all off the last night before bed my daughter was playing with her build a bear box she said it was a bug we looked in it and ot was a roach shook disgusting. please read reviews and think hard before staying next year we will not return.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank bbbb4444
Lockport, New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great photos of a place that I was looking forward to staying in but sadly that place isn't where we stayed. When we arrived we were given our key it didn't work, and then it did but it wasn't for our room (someone else's stuff), we went down again and finally got the right key (and a free breakfast post reminding then of there mistakes), got into the room and it reminded me of a old stipper who was clearly past her time. Smell, gross and just not good at all. As for the amenities, the pools sucked (nothing at all like the pictures), parking garage was scetchy but the drinks were very strong.

I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
6 Thank JIMMYREY
Elgin, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Even thought this hotel is out dated, we had a blast! The room was rather small, but staying in the poolside efficiency was very convenient. Anytime my kids needed something we could just walk right inside from the pool deck! The pictures make it look much bigger than it is, but the kids still loved the pirate ship! I loved how they had something for the kids every day. My kids never seemed to be bored. The one big complaint I would have would be the bowling ally. The lighting in there was terrible and the only music they ever played was rap music which had curse words in it. I didn't think that was very appropriate for children. The staff in the entire hotel was very nice. All in all it was a great stay. If you have children, then this is definitely the place for you! :)

Room Tip: Pool side efficiency is very convenient when you have small children!
1 Thank Kayla J
Kingston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We booked here at the last minute for a 5 day getaway. We knew walking in that it wasn't going to be a 5 star luxury resort. The majority of the resort desperately needs to be refurbished. Our room was very outdated and worn, but generally seemed clean. We did however make a rather disturbing discovery a few days into our stay. While sitting on our bed my wife complained of a strange odor, I decided to look behind our bed and discovered that a previous guest had left a soiled pair of underwear back there. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and was rather surprised at their reaction. The front desk simply said that they would have housekeeping come back up, they almost didn't seemed shocked. I wasn't looking for a different room or anything, but I actually expected a little more concern from the front desk.
Outside of that incident, we really didn't have any problems. The rest of the staff that we encountered during our stay all seemed very friendly. The bowling alley was fun for our kids. The breakfast buffet on the 9th floor was just OK, but not too bad for the price. The beachfront location was fantastic and the view of the ocean from our room was great.
I do believe that if/when we return to Myrtle Beach, we will choose a different resort.

Room Tip: Oceanview and Oceanfront room have amazing views
1 Thank Bob H